“ChinaTours.com and tour of mainland China”
Review of China Tours

China Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$879.00*
and up
5-Night Xi'an to Beijing Private Tour by...
Ranked #9 of 93 Tours in Xi'an
Reviewed July 9, 2013

In May 2013 we booked a tour with this agency and were very pleased with the outstanding service and wonderful, informative, and excellent experience we had with them. The tour guides were not only timely, knowledgeable and thoughtful, but they also had a great way of relating to people. We had four separate guides on our tour and each one showed excellent knowledge of the areas we toured and they handled our myriads of questions with grace and exuberance. We went to Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, and on a Li River Cruise (with an overnight in Yangshuo), then on to Shanghai, and to the water cities of Suzhou and Zhouzhuang. Every part of the trip was professionally handled, the hotels and restaurants were terrific, and the agency was ready to cater to as many personal requests as they could (like extra time shopping in out-of-the-way places, or extra minutes spent talking with people at each destination) The "join-in tour" was not only budget-friendly but it was a small enough group to feel like we were given personalized attention. Furthermore, with the smaller number of people on the tour, the agency was able to be very flexible. For example, when one of our originally scheduled tours was preempted by a visit from a foreign dignitary, the tour agency re-scheduled that tour for another day and exchanged another day's tours for that time slot. There was no bait and switch--everything that was promised us was beautifully fulfilled. Also, there was no need for annoying megaphones and "cattle herding." Our small group of six (or eight depending on the day) became an easily manageable "family." The payment of money for the trip was handled safely and well through PayPal and receipting was done promptly. I compared five or six other agency tours and this agency not only featured good prices, but what they offered (small groups, convenient transportation by air and by van, personalized attention, experienced guides, and safe money transfers) made this trip a wonderful experience. I recommend this agency wholeheartedly.

1  Thank DrDownes
"travel consultant"
in 24 reviews
"day tour"
in 57 reviews
"tour guides were knowledgeable"
in 5 reviews
"guides spoke excellent english"
in 6 reviews
"three gorges"
in 17 reviews
"small group"
in 18 reviews
"awesome trip"
in 6 reviews
"airport or train station"
in 4 reviews
in 7 reviews
"bullet train"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently went on a tour with ChinaTours.com and it was a great experience. It all started with Angela who kept in constant email contact with me before the trip. I went to Beijing, Xi'an, Yangtze River Cruise and then Shanghai. The city guides and the people that helped shuttle me to the airports before and after the cruise were great. They knew their stuff and created wonderful experiences for me. My tour ended in Shanghai, but I needed to get back to Beijing for my flight home. Tony went out of his way to make sure I had the train ticket (I wanted to take the high speed train) and wrote down complete instructions not only in Shanghai but also in Beijing. He was great like all the guides were. I was more than satisfied with the hotels, they were some of the best I have stayed in anywhere. I will gladly use ChinaTours.com again and have already recommended them to friends. The only thing I was not satisfied with was the food on the River Cruise was shall we say - uninspired. The other meals they provided through their guides were all great. My guides were Lina, Gaal, Jerry, Jacky, and Tony - great people. I felt comfortable with the drivers as well. I will see you guys on my next trip !!

4  Thank jbscram
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We're on our last leg home after a fantastic "trip of a lifetime" to Asia. Our experience with ChinaTours.Com exclusively for China was exceptional and exceeded every expectation. All tour guides in Beijing, Xian, and Guillin (including Yanshuo and Longjin) accommodated every wish and impromptu request. Still can't believe how extremely competent and professional all tour guides were for this, our first ever "private tour". I'm happy to endorse these guides, and now our friends.

1  Thank ideolh
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took a one week private tour last September with ChinaTours and it was perfect. Great tour guides, very professional and accommodating to our preference and willing to go as slow or as fast as we wanted while visiting sights. I wish we had spent more time in Xian, a truly magnificent city with more to see than the Terracotta Warriors but we did not know so did not schedule it. Chinatours let us choose and pay for our own hotels directly. We stayed at the St Regis in Beijing, The Westin Bund in Shanghai and the new Westin in Xian. Very highly recommended agency.

1  Thank Pomerols
Jenny B, Director of Sales at China Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review.
Our Private Tour options are perfect for clients wishing to tour at their own pace and its great to receive your feedback. Our guides are our strongest asset, and we appreciate your acknowledgement of their strong knowledge and hard work.
We look forward to seeing you in China again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We did the Gems of Ancient China (Beijing, Xian, Shanghai) 8 day group tour with others from a variety of nations, as a family of five (kids 13, 11,10) and had a fantastic trip. The flights all worked out and the minibus drivers were good etc. The guides were very helpful and we really enjoyed every activity and the extras they helped organise. I would definitely go with the group again to other locations. The accommodation was great quality and the breakfasts fantastic. We had only small suggestions for change which we noted on the survey’s we completed after each city visited, mostly around meal standard/restaurant décor/quality needing a bit more. Unfortunately something happened on the day of the Great Wall visit which really shortened our time there- our tour guide added a visit to a Jade factory to our itinerary, but this was only a minor event in such a fantastic time.

2  Thank Jon B

Thank you for your review.
The team at ChinaTours.com appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear your family enjoyed their time visiting China. We look forward to being of service again next time you visit.

Been to China Tours? Share your experiences!