“Fabulous Tour”

Book In Advance
More Info
$879.00*
and up
5-Night Xi'an to Beijing Private Tour by...
Ranked #8 of 93 Tours in Xi'an
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our first ever experience with a tour group and I could not fault it in any way. We were very fortunate in that there were only six of us in the group so it was just the right size to get to know each other over the week. We visited Beijing, Xian and Shanghai and all three tour guides (Maggie, Helen and Laura, who all spoke very good English) and the drivers were terrific, always there to pick us up on time with friendly service and helpful information. All of the hotels and lunch restaurants that were included were really good as were the many sites that we visited. This tour was excellent value for money, including two domestic flights, good hotels with extensive breakfasts, delicious lunches and all entrance fees as well as the services of the driver and guides. The only extra things we had to pay for (apart from dinners) were additional things that we chose to do on the day such as the acrobatic performance, bike ride along the city wall in Xian and a river cruise in Shanghai. The guides were very adaptable if we wanted to make time to add these extra things in. I would highly recommend China Tours to anyone thinking of visiting China.

3  Thank GourmetTravellers
Jenny B, Director of Sales at China Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thankyou for your review
Chinatours.com offers a range of Join-in group tours at competitive pricing. We are thrilled to receive your feedback on what great value for money our tours really are!
We are pleased you enjoyed your time in China with us, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

All reviews
"travel consultant"
in 24 reviews
"day tour"
in 57 reviews
"tour guides were knowledgeable"
in 5 reviews
"guides spoke excellent english"
in 6 reviews
"three gorges"
in 17 reviews
"small group"
in 18 reviews
"awesome trip"
in 6 reviews
"airport or train station"
in 4 reviews
in 7 reviews
"bullet train"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and I used this company for a 2 week tour in October/2012. We traveled to China on a re-positioning cruise from Anchorage to Beijing, and therefore needed a land tour that started in Beijing on a specific date and went to all the places we wanted to see. This was the only company that fit my requirements and I was a little concerned about using a company based in china as opposed to one based in north america. They provided me with references from Americans that had used their company and I received glowing reports so we decided to use ChinaTours. We were more than satisfied, all the tour guides were very knowledgable, spoke English very well and were very accommodating in making changes. For example, the day you arrive all tours just take you to your hotel so that you can adjust to the time change. Since we arrived by ship, I had arranged to have the driver wait while we checked into the hotel and then he drove us to a sight that I requested that was not part of the tour, so we were able to utilize this first day. On the last day in Beijing, my husband and I wanted to do something different than what was planned, they transported our luggage to the airport with the group and we met them there at the appointed time. If there was no activity planned for the evening, they were happy to drop off those of us who wanted to continue sightseeing, at a location we requested and then take the rest of the group to the hotel. It was a very manageable group size, we started as 14 and not everyone did the whole tour, towards the end we were a group of 5. The hotels used were great and in good locations with good breakfasts. The food was good, a little bland for our tastes, but they think non Chinese tourists want this, when we expressed a desire for spicier fare it was done. When we were down to a group of 5 and not excited about a place we were going to the guide made alternate suggestions and we chose something not on the itinerary and she was glad to make the change as long as we signed a form that we asked for the change. We did not choose this company on price, but it turned out to be the lease expensive tour that I had looked into. The only complaints that I have is that the first day in Xian we went to a company store prior to going to the terracotta warriors, I would have liked to reverse this as I would have liked more time at the sight and less time at the store. This seemed to be the only tour company that included bicycling the top of the wall around the old part of Xian, which was great. My other complaint was not the fault of ChinaTours, on the boat ride down the Li River from Guillin, the boat serves lunch during the part of the trip with the most spectacular scenery, our tour guide says they have complained about this, but the boat operators want to be able to cleanup prior to the end of the trip and there is nothing they can do about it. Our tour guide recommended a show that was not included in the tour, called Impressions, which is produced by the director who staged the opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympics, all in the group had to decide to go as it took place in the evening after the trip down the Li river, our group decided to add this on and it was the highlight of the trip, I think they should include this as part of the tour, instead of being optional as it was spectacular and people might miss it if their group doesn't vote for it. Our tour also included a 3 night cruise down the Yangtze river, the cruise ship they used was very good and we all had excellent cabins. Nobody from the tour company accompanied us on the cruise, but it was not necessary, there were excellent guides on the ship that explained everything, when we disembarked we were met by another chinatour guide.

3  Thank Seymour and Lou... F

Thankyou for your review
Its is nice to hear your family had a great journey with ChinaTours.com.
One of the big advantages of using our company is that we are flexible when on tour, and able to make last minutes changes according to the group needs as per your experience.
We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to China.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I and my daughter were the only asians in a group of 13 travelers friends when we traveled in three big cities of China....Beijing- xian-shanghai. We had a wonderful time with all our mostly American friends.Guides in Beijing and Xian were very friendly and thoughtful.Except, they need to practice more in the English language.I hardly could understand their English , they spoke too fast yet not correctly. When I tried to ask the American friends, they shared the same opinion. In fact, China Tours promised an excellent English speaking guide.One of the event that hurt me a lot was the guide in Shanghai. When we first arrived in Phutong airport, we were greeted by the local guide who shook hands with each one of the Caucasian friends except me and my daughter.The lady guide never really talked to both us in our three days' stay in Shanghai. Made it worst, she even had the face to ask for tip end of the trip.
That's my very unhappy experience joining the China Tours.com
So, if you are an Asian, go for other much better tours than China Tours.I just felt I was humiliated.

4  Thank liewie
Jenny B, Director of Sales at China Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thankyou for your review.
Chinatours.com welcomes passengers from many countries including Australia, US, UK, Europe and also many parts Asia. Our Join in Group Tours offer passengers the chance to meet likeminded travellers and enjoy our fantastic destination.
Our guides are of a very high standard, with excellent knowledge and English speaking skills.
We are sorry that you felt a little disappointed with your experience and ask that you contact us with your tracking no so that we can investigate these issues.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

the tour description led us to believe that the boat was going thru the LOCKs at the 3 gorges dam.what really took place was that we were haphazardly shunted into buses after sitting in the stationary boat for 6 hrs. and taken on a tour of the gorges offices and grounds.
there were very few facilities on the boat and few activities planned.no library ,ill equipped gym.food was monotonous .worst of all was that very few staff members spoke any english.the tour guide on board assigned to my group hardly spoke english and appeared only to try and collect her tip.
this was the cruise part .the land part of our tour in chungking,chengdu,xian was ok.
we had booked the up river cruise on the yangtse and land tour of chungking,chengdu and xian.

5  Thank virma

Thankyou for your review. We are sorry that the Yangtze cruise did not meet your expectations. It seems there may have been a problem on the river over the period of your travel. Being shuttled by bus to tour the locks is not a usual occurance with Yangtze Cruising on the ships we offer.
We appreciate your positive comments covering the land part of your tour in Chongqing, Chengdu and Xian. We would be happy to investigate the issue with your Yangtze Cruise - please contact our office with your tracking no and we will respond to you directly.
Kind Regards

See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family of 5 (children ages 10,15 and 17) had a fantastic 11 day holiday to Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Yangshou and Shanghai. We opted for the private luxury class trip and the hotels and buffet breakfasts were terrific. We felt safe and secure arriving at airports to be met by smiling guides and drivers who would check us into our hotels and be waiting for us every morning to take us to our next sightseeing adventure. Climbing the Great Wall was a highlight, the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven were awesome, visiting the Terracotta Warriors was a lifetime dream come true. I was initially nervous to deal with a Chinese travel company, but it turned out to be the best decision we made. We saved thousands of dollars and had the flexibility of a tour service dedicated to our family. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Liz W

Thankyou for your review. The team at Chinatours.com prides itself on offering Family Friendly tour options within China. We are pleased that your family had a memorable adventure with us to The Middle Kingdom and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Been to China Tours? Share your experiences!