“Average Indian restaurant at Xian”
Review of Delhi Darbar

Delhi Darbar
Ranked #19 of 1,694 Restaurants in Xi'an
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Considering the fact that this is probably the ONLY Indian restaurant in Xian, it could've been improved over the past few years. I have been visiting this place since 2009, and I couldn't see any improvement. The seating could at least been re arranged.. We were a group of 34, and even before we were seated, another group of 30 walked in. Both our groups had booked earlier, and the owner did not bother to see whether one lot was seated, before he admitted the second group. Food was very average. Overall, not a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Normal, simple Indian restaurant. Food was good and fast. The owner (?) is a very nice guy from India that (of course) speaks english, something rare in China. It was a perfect break from China...

1  Thank LOFT61
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I ordered takeaway from this place. The vindaloo is not spicy at all. Not good.

This restaurant is situated directly on the west side of Wild Goose Pagoda. From the west of the pagoda, just walk westward until you hit a t-junction, with Ci'en West road and Yanta West road. The restaurant is the first one opposite the road. There are many more restaurants along the Yanta West road and further down, there is another Indian restaurant. It is slightly pricer than Delhi but I don't know about the taste as I did not try it.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a re-review based on many many revisits to what has become my 'local' curryhouse. I gave 3 stars last time due to not being enamoured with what I felt were watery sauces and anaemic nan breads. I must say that over the past few months I've had to revise that view, partly due to learning what the best dishes on the menu are, at least according to my tastes. Ordering a madras will get you a fairly spicy (but rather smaller portion than other curries, in a flat dish) sauce, really tasty with mustardseeds featuring strongly. If you order the mutton it can be a bit fatty so I'd recommend the chicken.
I've become very taken with the mutton hyderabadi biriani (also the veg and the mushroom variants) as this is just a little more expensive than the normal saffron rice, but is massively tastier and fuller as a dish. Also recommended, for the less spice-loving, is the Murgh Chicken which has a dreamy nutty sauce, far less watery than some I'd tried for my initial review (the murgh shahi korma for instance). The Asahi beer at 14rmb is a huge bottle and ice cold, you MUST try this as an accompaniment. And I'm still getting 10% off discount and I still am not sure why, whether its pro-laowai or pro-regular or both! For those who are in a hotel room they WILL do a delivery to most central Xi'an areas and if you're lazy like me, to your home! The nan can still be a bit anaemic yes, but it's only fair to say that, until Xi'an comes up with a Bradfordian curryhouse, this is the place to come in Xi'an.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

During our tour of china we had insisted on indian food and this was one place were we got good tasting indian food.The kids loved it. Moreover everyone of the staff were very friendly They even treated kids with icecream as it was our first visit.They helped us with suggestions as what to buy where etc. On the whole a pleasurable experience

1  Thank sabKochi