“The best Indian in Xi'an” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delhi Darbar Xi'an

Delhi Darbar Xi'an
Ranked #15 of 1,660 Restaurants in Xi'an
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Xi'an, China
“The best Indian in Xi'an”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a re-review based on many many revisits to what has become my 'local' curryhouse. I gave 3 stars last time due to not being enamoured with what I felt were watery sauces and anaemic nan breads. I must say that over the past few months I've had to revise that view, partly due to learning what the best dishes on the menu are, at least according to my tastes. Ordering a madras will get you a fairly spicy (but rather smaller portion than other curries, in a flat dish) sauce, really tasty with mustardseeds featuring strongly. If you order the mutton it can be a bit fatty so I'd recommend the chicken.
I've become very taken with the mutton hyderabadi biriani (also the veg and the mushroom variants) as this is just a little more expensive than the normal saffron rice, but is massively tastier and fuller as a dish. Also recommended, for the less spice-loving, is the Murgh Chicken which has a dreamy nutty sauce, far less watery than some I'd tried for my initial review (the murgh shahi korma for instance). The Asahi beer at 14rmb is a huge bottle and ice cold, you MUST try this as an accompaniment. And I'm still getting 10% off discount and I still am not sure why, whether its pro-laowai or pro-regular or both! For those who are in a hotel room they WILL do a delivery to most central Xi'an areas and if you're lazy like me, to your home! The nan can still be a bit anaemic yes, but it's only fair to say that, until Xi'an comes up with a Bradfordian curryhouse, this is the place to come in Xi'an.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
kochi
“good indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

During our tour of china we had insisted on indian food and this was one place were we got good tasting indian food.The kids loved it. Moreover everyone of the staff were very friendly They even treated kids with icecream as it was our first visit.They helped us with suggestions as what to buy where etc. On the whole a pleasurable experience

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sabKochi
Suzhou, China
“Cockroach in veggie food.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food was very tasty..but there was cockroach in tadka daal.....plus the management of the restaurant was ok with it....they said sorry...and said that sometimes the cockroaches decide to jump in the food while taking a walk around the kitchen ....so i don't know how much this review helps.....but I am sure that this restaurant would have been closed and registration cancelled if this incident would have happened anywhere else

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank CyberdaywalkerW
Pune, India
“Good Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Inhad been to Xian last year and found this restaurant through web search. I enjoyed food here since I was not sure about the Chinease food.
Service was good, we got 10% discount on the bill.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bharat188
Kuala Lumpur
“Wonderful Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As vegetarians, we had a little difficulty finding Chinese food we could trust in Xi'an. Despite promising ourselves we would only eat Chinese food on our holiday, we found this place recommended on a vegetarian website, and we decided to check it out. We are very glad we did.

While it is not a vegetarian restaurant, it has loads of veggie options available. With friendly staff, and an English menu, it was easy to order, and the food was both excellent and reasonably priced. The owner even gave us a 10% discount for reasons best known to himself. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank andykanu

Been to Delhi Darbar Xi'an? Share your experiences!