“Tang Dynasty Show & Meal” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Tang Palace Show in Xi'an
Ranked #1 of 8 Concerts & Shows in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone will meet at the lobby of Tang Dynasty Palace by 7:00pm for you to get a ticket with your name. Enjoy the Splendid Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show with fabulous music and dancing of Tang Dynasty, China's golden age. The show is also a different way for you to get to know the historical culture of ancient Xian city. What is great about this excursion is that it combines two great elements in one tour - an entertaining show and dumpling banquet that indulge all your senses. The dumpling banquet comes with approx. 18 varieties of dumplings including pork, chicken, mushroom and duck with leeks, carrots, lotus roots and more. The dumpling banquet starts around 7:00pm and after dinner you will enjoy the Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show. The show ends about 9:40pm and the tour ends at the Tang Dynasty Palace.
London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tang Dynasty Show & Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The show was excellent ,We were right at the front although a couple of rows back might have been better, the meal was also very Good, The singing & dancing were Brilliant, well worth seeing.Nice theatre for the show.

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Cairns, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I'm not an Opera person, but this was pretty good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never been a big fan of Opera style performances, but I have to admit that being accompanied with my wife and two teenagers, we all agreed that this was well worth the visit. The food was nice, not outstanding, and we found that there was enough good quality food for the evening. Due to the layout to watch the performance after the meal, the tables are in a set position which makes it hard for the waiters. Yet the service was good also. The performance itself was fast and entertaining. A bit of everything to please everyone. Would I do it again? Yeah, I reckon I would. So yes, worth a visit.

Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One the best parts of my travels in China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have lived in China (Hangzhou) in 2003, but I traveled through from Shanghai to Dun Huang to Urumqi to Kashgar and then to karakul and stopped by xi'an on my way home. To be honest - I like quiet places, my holidays are room for thought as much as anything else, but xi'an was amazing. The tour guide who showed us through the Terracotta Army took me aside and showed me this theatre of which I had no idea. I have been a fan of Andreas Vollenweider for a number of years, and now I know where he got lot of his inspiration from. The music and theatre is amazing.

When you consider they do this day to day, this is pretty special.

I'll grant - the food is pretty ordinary, not questions there, but you are not there for that, and the fact that people are allowed to smoke in ther, at least they were when I went (2010) it does detract a but. But the skills of the artists is extrordinary. No question, and thanks.

Visited November 2012
Solihull, United Kingdom
334 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 313 helpful votes
“Great costumes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Dinner prior to the show was good (unlike other reviews). We had excellent seats giving a good view of the show. Terrific costumes, dancing and music - plenty of photo opportunities. Well worth going to.

UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Dumplings and dancing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Unlike some of the other reviews, we thought the additional price for the dumpling dinner was well worth the extra - you were dining in the knowledge that you were already where you needed to be, and it just added to the fun of the evening. Are they Xian's greatest dumplings? No idea - but we enjoyed them.

There's absolutely no debate about the show, though. It's a stunning visual feast with delightful music and, at an hour long, it's just the perfect length.

Dumplings and dancing - an excellent combination.

1 Thank BequiaWhispers