“A nice surrounding” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)

Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)
Book In Advance
$105.00*
and up
Private Tour: Terracotta Warriors, Shaanxi History Museum, and Big Wild Goose...
Ranked #10 of 337 things to do in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the grounds of the Jianfu Temple, this pagoda (circa 652 A.D.) is considered on of the most famous in China due to its antiquity and historical relevance in connection with Buddha.
Asia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A nice surrounding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came there and walked around to find the way up the temple but couldn't find out. We saw high walls again & again. So we just walked around in leisure in the nice garden and took some photos. Many city buses pass this place. Just remember the Chinese name starting with the word big for this pagoda and you can catch the bus.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful Pagoda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I saw this pagoda early in the morning while the sun was just starting to rise. It was breath taking. The history and stillness of the morning was a joy. I visited in December 2012, so it was about 0 degrees celsius, so if you go in the winter make sure to bundle up because it gets cold. I saw several monks wandering around the grounds. It was a very interesting place to visit.

Visited December 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Interesting temple”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The temple was good - full of interesting artefacts and our volunteer guide was interesting right up to the point of trying to make us buy some paintings. We didn't appreciate that.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a first trip to a Pagoda and it helped to have a private tour guide. She was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a really interesting history of Buddhism and this Pagoda. I would think Spring and Summer would be a great time to visit. The flowers were in bloom and made for great photos

İzmir
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Climb to the top !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The scenery from the top worths to climb there .It is more than 200 steps but I did not feel tired .You may feel the energy if you listen to yourself,that was so surprising for me,I am a Muslim but felt so pure when I prayed there.Moreover, Iprayed there for my son-I donot know why- and when I returned home ,I learned that my son had a very bad traffic accident and rescued alive after one day I prayed.

Visited May 2013