“Friendly staff, usual items on offer”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #22 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Xi'an
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time visiting a Starbucks in China and I was amazed at how similar everything is globally. Right down to the taste of the blueberry muffins and the paninis on offer!
Whilst I am surprised this is in the top 10 TA restaurants, we did find it a good spot for breakfast. Our hotel didn't have breakfast included and it was extremely expensive. Grabbing our breakfast here everyday was a great alternative and the staff were so pleasant and kind. Even spoke very good English.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was just a walking distance from my hotel so I used to take my favourite hot chocolate everyday. Staff was friendly, wifi was crappy and during weekdays they used to close at 11pm and on weekend they asked me to leave at 11:30pm :)

2  Thank aftabsiddiqui
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was a wet day in Xi'an, so we went to Starbucks instead of doing Xi'ans wall and the bell tower.
It was good to have a good cup of coffee and some thing to eat, just what you would expect from Starbucks, but although they had free wifi, I couldn't access it on my laptop, it seems you have to have a mobile phone to dial into it, I didn't really understand.
There is a good souvenir market nearby as well.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm not a Starbucks fan but when you're in a city where little or no English is spoken, don't have many coffee shop choices...Starbucks seems like a life saviour. There are about 6 in Xi'an. It's always busy with students hanging out for the free wifi. The snacks are good and staff speak English, some better than others.The cappucino and lattes seem to have more milk than coffee. Something I've noticed that most, if not all, Starbucks in Xi'an have a proper seated toilet (which is non existent in Xian except in hotels).

1  Thank LaMissMz
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's a moderately impressive Starbucks, about as western as any Chinese branch of a western company gets. The staff speak a reasonable standard of English, usually, though my frappuccinos have been a bit 'ice-heavy' a few times. Anyone who frequents this chain knows you can't top an almond latte with whipped cream on a cold wintry day though ;)

Been to Starbucks? Share your experiences!