See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 23, 2014

Four stars Xi´An Hotel in Xi´An is situated right outside the city´s South Gate. In hotel is 538 diferent types of rooms, 33 restaurant, 3 bars, 10 conference rooms, business, health and recreation center, travel agency etc. We were at the hotel for three nights with free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2014

I stayed here with 4 travel companions, we had 3 rooms, all smelt of cigarettes as do the hallways and restaurants. There are 'no smoking' signs everywhere but that does not deter anyone. The beds are stiff as a board and leave your body aching when you wake. These are VERY basic rooms. Only Chinese channels on TV, no english. The staff do not speak english, we spoke with them via our tour guide. The shower leaks through a man made gap in the floor and floods the whole bathroom.

This is a VERY noisy hotel. My friend who was staying in a room on her own received strange phone calls the first night and then a man knocked on her door at 2am on the second night. He kept knocking until she answered the door. We complained the next morning, only to be told he was drunk and lost. It was a very scary experience for my friend.

We went to the 'western restaurant' the first afternoon we were there. My friends ordered a spaghetti dish 40 minutes before I got there and then waited another 20 minutes to receive their meals. It was simply spaghetti with bacon, onion and capsicum, not sure why it took an hour. The waitress disappeared so we could not speak to her.

One good thing was the laundry service. The laundry staff were efficient and helpful. I don't recommend this hotel to Western travellers.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GailChasley
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and i spend 3 days in XI'an, and we had a great tour with our guide Molly, she was very prfessional, speaking perferct English with great command of knowledge about China history and culture, we learned so much during our short stay in Xi'an, which makes our China trip more interesting and meaningfule. As the owner of Xi'an Tour Guide, Alex called us for a couple of times to make such things are going well, that was sweet. It was a truely wonderful tour, we will bring more friends and families to Xi'an again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Mixed review on this page both positive and negative

My experience was negative I was in a ‘Standard Room’ in the south wing booked via Australian travel agent 2014, the hotel was listed in the Infinity 2014:15 travel brochure

The carpet had a constant wet patch and the shower was very unclean with the room and hallways smelling like smoke.

The Breakfast was very basic and not very appealing probably good if you're a backpacker or local Chinese traveller not so great if you are an English only speaking foreigner.

Room Tip: I walked past some of the other rooms that from the outside ‘appeared’ to be much better than my ‘Standard Room’ do your research
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank accesser
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The bed is a little bit hard and maybe the breakfast is simple and many tour groiups stat there ,quite crowded but the hotel staff quite hekpful and freindly and always offer useful informaiton and the location of hotel is not bad ,but you have to take bus or subway or taxi to downtown

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business