Unfortunately the start of our stay was spoilt when a large "incidentals" deposit was demanded of me at checkin. This was even though our stay was booked and prepaid through a travel company who they should have gone to if they thought I had run off owing any money. No such deposit was demanded at our 5* hotel (Oriental Bay) in Beijing where we had just come from.
The one other disappointment with the hotel was that they wanted to charge me for internet use - so I didn't bother! How absurd for a 5* hotel in 2010?
Having sorted that out, the scale and cleanliness of the hotel was impressive, with views over the City Wall which was all lit up at night. Our rooms were well appointed and spacious. The buffet breakfast was excellent, so it made the hotel a good place for a short stopover whilst passing through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 298-room Grand Park Xian boasts a prime location in the heart of the ancient capital city of Xi’an. Showcasing an imposing facade that evoke the grandeur of an ancient palace, the hotel offers 298 luxurious rooms & suites and is within walking distance of main tourist attractions, restaurants and parks. In an ideal location facing the south gate of the ancient City Wall, guests can look forward to grand views of one of the most majestic parts of the long-standing City Wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Xian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Hotel Grand Park
- Grand Park Xi An
- Grand Park Xian China/Shaanxi