Positives: Good location near the city wall, and only took about a twenty minute walk to get to the center bell tower. Clean room, with updated materials. My bed was enormous... like two queen beds pushed together.
Negatives: The breakfast was pretty poor, inclusive of a yogurt that was past its date. As of late March, 2013, there was construction going on around the hotel in three different directions, and it was noisy. It also made it a little dangerous walking around the hotel... more so than the usual pedestrian danger gauntlet that walking in a Chinese city entails.
Also, not that the hotel can control this, but there was a ton of dust in the air from the surrounding mountains during our visit that gave just about everyone in our group a hearty cough. Bring a mask...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 298-room Grand Park Xian boasts a prime location in the heart of the ancient capital city of Xi’an. Showcasing an imposing facade that evoke the grandeur of an ancient palace, the hotel offers 298 luxurious rooms & suites and is within walking distance of main tourist attractions, restaurants and parks. In an ideal location facing the south gate of the ancient City Wall, guests can look forward to grand views of one of the most majestic parts of the long-standing City Wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Xian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Hotel Grand Park
- Grand Park Xi An
- Grand Park Xian China/Shaanxi