WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 337 things to do in Xi'an
Los Altos, CA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I wish I could rate it higher”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Truly, I feel guilty not giving the show a top rating. The dancers and musicians were all top notch and gave it their all. My problem is that I just don't care for Tang Dynasty music. To me, it sounds simplistic and repetitious, and I was quite tired of it by the end of the evening.

Visited October 2013

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to this as part of our china tour, to be honest we were not expecting to enjoy the evening. We enjoyed the meal, some of the dumplings we really tasty. The show was after the meal and was actually good with some dancers then musicians. There were drinks and ice creams available to purchase.

Visited September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“do not miss this show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

what a wonderful performance and tunes by authentic opera singers accompanied by authentic orchestra and maestro you feel like you've been dragged to the time where it all happened a great illustration of the emperor's era. it was the highlight of our trip to XIAN, do not miss it and don't forget to buy the CD

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is not the original Tang Dynasty dance. It's a much cheaper dance show but hotels charge you the same fees. Do not pay the standard 220 yen for show ticket or 550 dinner with show.

The REAL Tang Dynasty palace dynasty dance theatre is on Chang 'an road.

Visited August 2013
8 Thank AntheiaL
Shanghai, China
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Not Cheesy After All”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're like me and you hear the words "dinner show" you immediately think "Vegas" and "cheesy" and "ain't gonna happen". So I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the dinner show at the Shaanxi Grand Opera House, which I was rather reluctantly talked into.

The dumplings which were served were nothing to write home about (we live in China, so we know good dumplings if nothing else) but they were more than passable and there was quite a interesting variety of them. The service was very quick and efficient if not overly friendly or solicitous. So the dinner part was all perfectly acceptable, if a little uninspired.

But the show part was surprisingly enjoyable! The stage settings were lovely and the costumes were gorgeous -- everything in beautiful, vibrant colors! It really was like a Vegas show, but one of the really good ones. It was way more professional than I was expecting, to be honest. And at about an hour long, with another half-hour or so for dinner, it was a very nice evening that didn't drag on too long.

The price was not cheap, but it was very reasonable. We were well-fed and very entertained, so nothing to complain about.

Never thought I would be saying this, but I would definitely recommend it -- go see the Tang Dynasty dinner show!

Visited May 2013