Xi'an Allen's Private Tours
Book In Advance
Tours from Xi'an Allen's Private Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews day tour terracotta warriors muslim quarter wild goose pagoda longmen grottoes excellent english highly recommend this company driver mr tour company answered all our questions arranged everything great guide his knowledge train station china's history local food xi'an city
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked a tailored expoerience adapted to our schedule. By email the team was helpful and we arranged everything fine.
The first day of our stay we were picked up to go to Tang Dinasty Palace to enjoy the dumpling dinner and the live show. The show was wonderful and I will recommend it but the dinner is terrible. The dumplings were not tastyvat all and for sure they do not look as the photos in internet. The restaurant is filled with tourist groups and the servive poor and quick so you can leave to the show as early as possible.
The second day we wanted to visit the Wild Goose Pagoda, the city wall and yes the Terracota Warriors. Our guide picked us with the driver in the hotel and took us to the city wall first. This was a good idea as they were less tourists and was quiet. Our guide gave us some facts about the wall and the city itself but rather limited information. We went down of the wall and drove to the Pagoda. Here came our first dissapointment. After a quick look around and some photos we ended without noticing in the shop where they invited us to buy some souvenirs. We left and went back in the car for going to the Terracota Warriors. They stopped us midway with the excuse that we were to learn how they made the Warriors but the place is a big shop where they build replicas. We finally arrived and visited the warriors but we were conducted out by our guide elluding the official shop this time (which we had read it is worth a visit). Instead we were guided to a restaurant again packed with western tourists where we had a quite bad lunch and they offer you tea to buy if you like. Our guide dissapeared during our lunch. We were driven back to the hotel after.
In summary I would say that Travel China Xi'an delivered the service they offered to me but the quality of the service was terrible. We gave our feedback about the dinner to the guide and he changed the topic. In all our previous communicattions we were assured "no shopping" but it was all about shopping. No real added value from our guide that looked tired and bored about his job.
I will recommend to arrange a transportation with the hotel and do it on your own if you can.
Jose

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Thanks Shine for her perfect guidance in Xian. She was very well organised, knew a lot of interesting information about all the sites we visited (Warriors, Wilde goose pagoda, Museum). Best thing was our visit by a chinese family. Had much fun by cooking dumplings and heard a lot of the way of living there. Use Allen Guo for your perfect stay in Xian.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time in Xi’an. Ted speaks very good English. I would definitely use their service next time in town!

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you again for taking Xi'an Allen's Private Tours. We would love to welcome you, your friends, and your family to come to Xi'an in the future, and definitely we will provide you our very good services again. Hope we can meet in Xi'an next time.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This was our first family trip to China. So glad we used Catherine Lu tours. Our guide Wendy was amazing, knowledgeable and friendly. Wendy arrived promptly at our hotel at 8:30. We went to Muslim Street and also City Hall. Following these tours we went to lunch at a local restaurant. So glad Wendy took us here it was very delicious. After lunch, we headed to see the Terracotta Warriors. My kids enjoyed having Wendy as our tour guide. I highly recommend Wendy and Catherine Lu tours.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I enjoyed two days guided by Shine to visit Xi’an and its many interesting sites. Terraccotta warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Buddha temple, the City Wall, Museum, markets, Silk Road statue, etc. Shine was very organized yet flexible enough to adjust the itinerary to my interests - so we even used the cable car for a view from the mountain. And I think she answered all of my questions - and I had quite a few. On top of her profound knowledge in Xi’an’s history - past and present. Sharing lunch (noodles, dumplings are to recommend) and sampling food in the markets: I also felt really comfortable with. In short: I would do it again with pleasure!

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This was our first time in Xi'an and Luoyang, which we have hired Allen's Private Tours for 3 days in Xi'an and a day trip to Luoyang.

Jack who was our tour guide in Xi'an, has provided us an excellent service. He is very knowledgeable and readily provide us information whenever we have questions. He is pretty entertaining with his storytelling relevant to the city, culture and food, which gives us a better understanding of Xi'an and the history of China. Jack is also extremely patient and accommodative to our request.

The driver, Xiao Guo was also fantastic. Apart from driving us back to hotel and to airport, he has also provided us more information about Xi'an and other places that we did not visit in this trip. Perhaps next round when we are back again.

As for the guide in Luoyang was less interesting, and the trip was very rush. Although the tour guide provides the basic information on the historical sites that we visited, she did not extend any other intrduction about Luoyang to us on the long journey to Shaolin Temple, unlike Jack who will keep entertaining us about the city of Xian.

She intital time management was good, as due to our tight schedule, but we felt that she was too concern on the time and not pay attention to our needs and request.

Overall my friends and I enjoyed our stay in Xi'an

I would recommend Allen's tour if anyone is making a trip to Xi'an

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Jack was punctual, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful through-out the day, which made for a wonderful family outing. Highly recommend his professional service.

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear Antony,

Reviewed June 23, 2018

I've been to Xian with a friend in 2016. That was an adventurous trip with no tour and using public transport.
This time, together with my husband, my parents and brother and wife (6 of us), we decided to engage Allen's Private Tour. It was very knowledgeable, immense with China's history and smooth riding adventure.
Allen and Sophie are very helpful and accommodating while planning the itineraries. Shine, our tour guide is very patient, knowledgeable and describe all the historical events in Xian. I felt like I've gotten to know a different perspective of Xian and the history of China. We had fun too!
Terracotta Warriors are indeed a national treasure. I was in awe. Other than that, I personally like the Grand Mosque (usually only the locals know where its located), and the cycling in City Wall. Very fun indeed!

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Dear Elizabeth F

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Xi’an Allen’s Private Tours was recommended to us by close friends. From day 1, communication with booking was perfect. From the arrival in Xi’an to departure, these guys were amazing. Our tour day was made extra special with our phenomenal guide Shine. I would recommend her to everyone looking into this tour!

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear Tyler,

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Yet again we made a trip out to Xi’an and contacted Allen’s Private tour for my in laws visit. They remembered me from our last trip to Xi’an in Sept 2017 and was great with communication and service. We had a different tour guide, Ms. Shine and she was fantastic. She knew her history about Xi’an and the family definitely enjoyed her! She took us to the Old Xi’an restaurant after the Terra-Cotta museum, which we all enjoyed! We were able to create our own tour to see certain things throughout Xi’an and get back to our hotel at a reasonable time!

I’d recommend this tour group to other people if they’re making a trip out to Xi’an.

Thanks again, Sophie and Allen!

Allenguo, Owner at Xi'an Allen's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Jii