“Xi'an Tourguide”

and up
Private Day Tour of Terracotta Warriors Tour
Ranked #12 of 90 Tours in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Allen's Private Tours is specialized in providing tourists a special way to discover a real Xi’an,we try to be staying with our guests like familes, to show our clients all the best things in Xi’an like cultural sites,ancient archetecture,amazing food and so on. With our accompany,your China trip will be one of the best memeries in your whole life time.Come to Xi’an,come to China!
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked with Allen for a tour in Xi'an because we had just one day to see all the sights. We were thoroughly impressed! Our tourguide Eric was there at the baggage claim to pick us up, he took us to the city wall where we biked around, to a delicious lunch of "mien" - noodles. Then to tour the Xi'an warrior site. He was very friendly and informative re: the history of China, Xi'an, the warriors. At the end of the day they dropped us off at the airport. Allen called us at the end of the day to make sure we had a good experience. Overall we give Allen's Tours an A+ and would recommend them to all our friends!!!!

All reviews
"longmen grottoes"
in 8 reviews
"excellent guide"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 12 reviews
"banpo village"
in 8 reviews
"visit xi'an"
in 17 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I spent two great days in September 2012 touring Xian with Allen of Xianprivatetours and we were extremely pleased with our tour. In addition to being very knowledgeable about the sites and their history, Allen is incredibly friendly and fun to spend time with. We very much enjoyed the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, riding bikes on the top of the City Wall and, of course, the visit to the Terracotta Army. Allen was very prompt to respond to any email inquiry (and we asked him a lot of questions in advance), he was on time for airport and daily hotel pickups, and he arranged for safe drivers. His selection of local food and culture was also very good. We would recommend him to our parents, our friends and to the community without reservation.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

After close correspondance via e-mail we decided what was best for me. Allen gave me suggestions I had to consider and after that I made my choices. I felt no pressure to do something I didn't want to. Allen left me in the hands of one of his associates to guide me, who did an exellent job. The guide had great knowledge and took care of me in the best possible way. I felt safe all the way and it's not easy to get around in China if you're not an experienced traveller. In conclusion hiring Allen gave me greater value to my own experience of this country.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Allen was communicative with us from the beginning, and sent Jessica our way as he couldn't be our guide on the day. Jessica's a knowledgeable and friendly local, who is passionate about her culture and its history. Her english is excellent, and she comes prepared with visual resources to get you interested in what you're about to see. We were picked-up from the airport and were taken directly to the Terracotta Warriors. After that we were whisked off to the city wall, where we cycled around it. This was also lovely. Allen even called near the end of the day to speak with Jessica and then myself, to check we'd had a good day (extremely good service!) A dance show with dumplings was suggested to us, and we accepted. The dumplings were great, but to be honest, the show wasn't.
We were then dropped off at the hotel with our luggage, feeling like we'd made the most of the day we had in Xi'an.
One bit of feedback I want to give to Jessica is to speak louder and be more assertive when the group gets a bit wayward/distracted - I often had to wrangle my friends, and felt bad for her as they didn't hear half of her information.
However, having a tour guide pick us up with luggage, haul us around for a day, and dropping us at the hotel at the end was efficient and also cut out the need for paying for a airport/hotel transfer!
Don't hesitate to book a tour with Allen, and if you're lucky you might just get Jessica as your guide!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Living in China for a while my parents made all their way from Germany to come and visit me and of course they wanted to go and see some nice places in China. We choose to go to Xi'an and by accident I found out about Allen's services and I got into touch with him via e-mail. Promptly he replied and explained everything about his services and suggested already a whole schedule. Being very detailed I wrote him many times with many questions and I always got all of them answered. Unfortunately, Allen couldn't do the tour with me and my parents himself but he send us his lovely colleague Ann who picked us up at the airport with Mr. Lee our driver. For the next three days they were taking great care of us and showed us all the important sights and always had an answer to our questions. One day we even got to meet Allen for a short time which made me especially happy since I was in contact with him but never seem to meet him but he made it happen. I was truly amazed by such a dedicated service and I would not hesitate to recommend Allen's private tour services. Thank you once again and I wish you all the best for the future!