“beautiful hotel”

Ranked #10 of 2,611 Hotels in Xi'an
Germantown, TN
“beautiful hotel”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

stayed here for one night while in Xi'an to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. The hotel is modern and beautiful. Service was excellent, rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel is located just about a block from the subway station so transportation into the old city is easy and inexpensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel was excellent with outstanding service. The indoor pool was great. The hotel could use a more romantic evening cocktail lounge - the cocktail lounge is more of a lobby bar with a smoking area. Xi'an is a huge city with a number of excellent hotels. I'd suggest you choose among the top hotels by the part of town you want to be in.
Note: Rooms have tricky electric shades. Have the bellman or room attendant show you how to use them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip. Upgraded on arrival. Rooms are very very nice. Highly recommend this hotel. Service was excellent. Central Xi'an. About an hour drive to visit Terra Cotta Worriers.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great hotel, Wonderful service, Great rooms, Great restaurant, Fantastic gym. I'm sad I was only able to spend one night at this hotel.
I came down with a cold and needed some cold medicine and one of the english speaking staff members took me over to the pharmacy and translated for me, I feel this is a service above and beyond they do for their guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank adamico3
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very nice hotel. I had a room on the club floor which is on the top (47th floor) which would have been a nice view of the city if it wasn’t for all the haze and/or smog (I think it was a bit of both). The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. I slept very well. Breakfast was provided and the selection was good. The wait staff always brought me an English language newspaper to my table every morning. The executive club had a nice happy hour with a selection of beers and liquor. I ate the dinner buffet one evening which was also very good if expensive. There were two negatives to my trip which keep me from giving the hotel a 5 rating. 1. The internet was sketchy and I could not get a good connection in order to Skype home reliably. Since I am on the road quite a bit this is an important feature for me. It is not an unusual experience in China, even at nice hotels, to have trouble with the internet, however. 2. There was some construction going on somewhere in the hotel and it started at 8:30 am and went until 8-9:00 pm. It was not loud and I was not in my room much during the day but, when I was, it was mildly annoying. I could hear drills and hammering. I would still stay here again if I was back in Xi’an and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Xi'an for one night as a part of a tour group. In total we stayed a five different five star hotels in China and the Crowne Plaza in Xi'an was the best. I suspect we had a standard room and it was as nice as any room I have stayed in anywhere. The décor, bathroom and bed were all top of the line and the service was impeccable. Breakfast was included in our package. It was very elaborate and one could have spent hours sampling the wide variety of dishes available. The coffee was also very good and that is one of my top criteria for a buffet breakfast. We along with several of the other members of the group were sad that the Crowne Plaza was only scheduled for one night of our two week tour.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CP-XIAN, Manager at Crowne Plaza Xi'an, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for having chosen Crowne Plaza Xi'an as the hotel choice for your recent stay and taking the time to share your staying experience with us on line.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Brand new hotel. Rooms are well appointed, comfortable bed and very clean. Excellent breakfast, both Western and Chinese, with a fresh noodle station. Location is out of the city centre, but there is a metro station 5-10 mins walk (at the back of Shaanxi Stadium/Ti Yuchang in Mandarin) Rides cost 2RMB to Bell Tower, much easier than haggling with the local taxi drivers!
We did have a complaint to make - drilling which started at 8am on a Sunday. It turned out not to be part of the hotel as it shares the tower block with offices and a restaurant. We complained to the front desk, who called a manager - Christine Dai, who dealt with our complaint excellently, the drilling stopped immediately and we received a complimentary transfer to the train station for our overnight train to Beijing.

We would definitely stay again, despite the location, as the hotel and service was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Xi'an and the ancient city!
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your staying experience with us. We always appreciate any feedback whether positive or highlighting service or product issues.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience due to the decoration drilling of the upper floors, and took actions to reduce the noise. Once again, thank you for your continuous support to our hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in Crowne Plaza Xi'an.