“Exceptional service and class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Xi'an

Crowne Plaza Xi'an
Ranked #9 of 2,532 Hotels in Xi'an
Guangzhou, China
“Exceptional service and class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at CP Xian. We were warmly greeted and treated first class as we stepped into this 5 star hotel. Everyone we met was extremely nice and pleasant. Mia and Anna took care of my Club Level needs and there wasn't a moment we weren't treated well.

The hotel itself is tall, clean and has the sweet smell of jasmine. Very spacious and new.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional and had a nice blend of western food to accompany our Chinese taste. Made to order omelette were second to none. My wife was extremely pleased with the congee soup.

We also had a private party of 15 in the main restaurant on the second floor of the hotel. This room and decor was very pleasant and first rate. Clean and very nice. The staff took care of our needs here and were very pleasant and polite. The food was exception. Our chef was present to see us out to the main lobby. I would highly recommend eating here.

I wanted to take the time and effort to thank everyone we met who were so kind and generous to my family and my wife's immediate family in Xian CP.

We look forward to seeing you soon and hope that those who appreciate a touch of tasteful, yet classy luxury will choose to stay, eat and rejoice at your glorious hotel.

Your friends

Jason, Kelly and Marcus

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CP-XIAN, Manager at Crowne Plaza Xi'an, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your valuable comments about your experience.
We were very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Xi’an. Feedback such as yours is very important for the hotel and goes a long way in encouraging the team to do better.
We are looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed for one night in this new (one year old, we were told) hotel. It's very modern with quite a few "bells and whistles" in the rooms, as with all of the hotel rooms we stayed in while in China. Our room seemed larger than the usual hotel room, with an entry hall, walk-in closet (which was labeled "the locker room" on the light switches), and a quite luxurious bathroom which included a huge soaking tub and separate shower. The buffet breakfast was extensive and very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is in great shape since it's very new. The room was nice and clean, and the rest of the property is beautiful (for a hotel). We were just there for one night, passing through town as part of a tour. Most of the tour group went by bus to eat and see a show off premises. My wife and I hung out to relax with a drink and eat in the hotel.

Because I didn't book the room myself I didn't know if we could use the Concierge Lounge to get a drink and have something to eat. Looking at our room, I doubted it but thought I'd call to ask. When I called, I was told we were qualified to go to the lounge and that was the end of the conversation. After entering the Concierge lounge the young lady said that we, in fact, weren't in a room that allowed us to go there. They offered to sell us food/drink, but after looking around it was a disappointing selection compared to the hotel we had just stayed at in Shanghai. So, downstairs we went to eat in the hotel restaurant. On the way I spoke to the Guest Service Manager about the miscommunication and was told that anyone can eat/drink in the concierge lounge but it costs money if not in the right room. Would have been nice to know that when I called to ask that very question. To make a long story short he offered 2 "drink" coupons for water or soda for our troubles. I didn't use them and didn't appreciate the wild goose chase we went through after traveling all day. I thought the least they could do was buy us a real drink for the trouble.

We looked in the restaurant, but decided to eat in the downstairs lounge. It's a good looking lounge with comfortable seating and nice atmosphere. We saw another couple from our tour having a nice dinner with drinks and settled in a few feet away. After ordering drinks and dinner, the other couple wandered by and told us about a special they had been offered with access to a great buffet and drinks. So not only did we get sent on a wild goose chase, at the end we didn't even get offered this special deal. Very annoying.

I think there is potential with the hotel, but 2 service issues in 1 evening and I can't give them more than a mediocre rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, we were most disappointed to learn of the problems you encountered in the Hotel during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort this may have caused. You have our assurance that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate department for corrective action.
Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in Crowne Plaza Xi’an.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a great property in Xi'an. The hotel was fresh and new. The lobby is grand and Lobby gives expansive. A real delight.

I found the room size to be comfortable. The room itself was very clean, The bed is something to be celebrated. Maybe I was particularly tires, but I swear it was made of baby angels hair.

Breakfast was nice. There was enough choice to satisfy my pallet. I typically stuck to the Chinese items….when in China.

We found this great local place down the street. It was on the 6th floor of some building. The concierge recommended it to us. It was GREAT! Thank goodness for charade sign language as there was not a word of English at the restaurant, but I suppose that is all part of the experience. The food we ended up with was very nice.

Overall, a great hotel. Totally recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel. The only problem, and it was a big one, was the overwhelming chemical smell of all the new furnishings & carpets "gassing-off". The smell was so bad that I couldn't breathe properly, and I ran the shower just so that the water would clean the air. It was difficult to sleep, and I didn't feel well after a night in the room. I would rather stay in a lower-star hotel where I am able to breathe.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a very new facility in Xi'an. Property looks fresh and feels new from the moment you walk in. Lobby gives a comfortable and expansive feel. Location wise, it is in a great area of downtown - not really the most central location but it is still convenient. You will need to take a taxi to go anywhere in Xi'an from the hotel although there is a subway station not too far.

I upgraded myself to the Club floor and was given a very nice room. A few couple people here mentioned the room size a bit small which I must agree considering the price. Nonetheless, the room is wonderfully decorated with a large bathroom, everything is well appointed - simply lovely. Bed is super comfortable and I slept so well during my 2-night stay here. Breakfast at the Club level offers sufficient but not a wide variety of selections. However, the Club floor ambiance was great. Dining choice around the hotel is mediocre - there are some restaurants nearby but if you want more choices, you have to travel for sure. I ended up dining in, while food quality is good, price wise was very high considering Xi'an is not a super expensive city.

Overall, I have to say this is a great hotel with all the amenities I was looking for. I will most definitely return to this hotel next time when I visit Xi'an

P.S. Xi'an Airport is a LONG WAY from almost anywhere in the city (not to mention the transportation cost) and traffic in Xi'an is congested at all times so be sure to reserve more time when heading to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Xian for 3 days. The hotel is beautiful! Our room was beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. We had access to the Club floor which had breakfast, afternoon snacks, evening drinks and Hors d'oeuves. Maria Xu is the Manager who was excellent at her job :) She was extremely attentive and chatty and she went to the trouble of finding out that my son was born in the year of the mouse, she then presented him with a gift reflecting this. I have to disagree with the review regarding the buffet breakfast. The choice was fabulous (even though I stayed with the traditonal bacon, eggs, sausage etc). The service was great. The gym, although small was adequate, along with the pool. The staff were attentive at every level. It was within walking distance to the Goose pagoda (go to this area in the evening, the water and light show is fantastic), it was also within walking distance to the metro (its only 2 stops to the City wall) and the History Museum. I would definately stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family