“An excellent hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 2,578 Hotels in Xi'an
Beijing, China
“An excellent hotel!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the first time I went to Xi'an. I was deeply impressed by the experience in this hotel, however, it's a pity I only stayed here for two nights cause the time limited. The wonderful experience I felt was not only because of the lovely rooms but also their friendly staffs and excellent services.

This hotel is located near a famous scenic spot Bell Tower. It is only 7 Yuan by taxi from hotel to another famous place named "Small Wild Goose Pagoda", which are very continent for travelers.

When I arrived at this hotel, a handsome bellboy took the luggages for us and we were warmly welcomed by the girl at lobby. My room was well prepared even I arrieved at 9 AM. The room was nice and cool, the connection door already opened as requested. After took a comfortable shower, my tiredness on the train last night was completed gone. By the way, The showerhead was so good with an appropriate water pressure and temperature.

When the assistant manager understood this was my first time to Xi'an, Cindy gave me two best choices for visiting this cultural city in limited time, it supported me a smoothly trip. Of course, my rooms were cleaned very well by Housekeeping staffs during my stay.

The hotel was opened no more than one year, rooms and all places are extremely new and clean, as well as facilities, such as bathtub, basin etc., they are definitely protected by staff very well.

This really is a unforgettable travel and I recommended travelers to experience this hotel. Just like all the IHG group's hotel, you can feel their excellent and guaranteed service quality which are worth for it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were here for one night as part of a Viking River Cruise tour. Wish I could have stayed longer. I've never seen anything like this hotel. The bathroom area was as large as the main part of the hotel room. Talk about luxurious! Lots of space to hang things - there was even a separate small 'coatroom' as you entered, with robes hanging in it. Centrally located. Even though it was over 100 F we had no issues with the A/C, unlike some of the other reviews. Breakfast was wonderful, as well. Complimentary water provided. Two double beds. Quiet - I didn't hear any outside noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Xian for one night on 27 July 2012 as part of our Viking Cruise itinerary. This hotel has recently opened and had very modern facilities.. The guest rooms are fabulous and well laid out with separate bathroom, bedroom and lounge. The bathroom consisted of a housed toliet and housed shower as well as a spa bath. The bedroom was a reasonable size with a king bed. The lounge was well furnished and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and all spoke excellent English. The hotel is a multistorey tower and is a dominant spectacle. All aspects of the hotel appeared to be working satisfactorily and we had no issues at all. The buffet breakfast was very good and covered both Western and Asian options. An excellent choice of hotel by the Viking Group for this city stopover.

Room Tip: It is located in the tallest building in Xian and higher rooms maybe daunting. The lowest rooms star...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrived very late for a one night stay due to a delay on the tour we were on.
Fantastic lobby and welcoming area attended by well disciplined and organised staff. On arrival at our allocated bedroom we found the electronic card key we were given did not appear to unlock the door. For ten minutes we tried everything in our power to unlock the door along with two other couples who had the same problem. We were just about to give up and walk back to reception when the door mysteriously opened.
The room was magnificent with oceans of space and a king sized comfortable bed. Shower and bathroom facilities were also first class.
We ate out that evening so could not judge the evening meal. Breakfast was good but not an over abundance on choices but what there was of good quality and suitable for both Western and Asian tastes.
Although our stay was short the feeling was we would have liked to have stayed longer however the hotel do need to sort the key issue out. Although this appears to be a new thing just waving the key about hoping it triggers the mechanism if it doesn't work you have no way of getting into the room.

Room Tip: Take a porter with you in case the door doesn't open.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
McLean Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We likewise were on a Viking RIver Cruise with an overnight stay in Xian. There were still some shake out problems with the room (beautiful rainfall shower that didn't work) but the other problems in prior reviews did not seem to be in place. Management was swarming in the lobby, breakfast buffet was very nice, air conditioning was on and working. There is a new General Manager in place.

There was no Chinese man in our bed, thank heavens.

My only quibble was that many of the service staff were wearing what I think of as coolie hats. Black hats that fit tightly on the head and have no brim. Maybe an acceptable local custom but to a Western visitor perhaps a little demeaning to the staff person?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank robertckelly
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Crowne Plaza Hotel-- Xian China

After a visit to see the Panda Bears on April 29, 2012 -With the Viking River Cruise Tour we checked in and spent one night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Xian.

The hotel and the room #2702 were fine, clean and comfortable, but breakfast was very poor to say the least; highlighted by cold French Toast, Waffles that were not cooked through and they were out of syrup at 7:30am; the sausage and potatoes were also cold. The restaurant staff seemed untrained and were running around in each other’s way accomplishing nothing; and there was no management available to speak to. It was Very disappointing to us for a hotel that is supposed to be a high end hotel. We Checked out of the hotel on April 30, 2012 at 8:00 am to board the tour bus -- HUNGRY.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for Breakfast, it's Terrible!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are Western style with marble bathrooms. I had a comfortable king bed. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is amazing with sections set aside for most every nationality and taste.
However, their infrastructure and maintenance leaves something to be desired. I had a water leak in my bathroom on the first night. The front desk assured me it would be fixed when I returned from work. When I returned the leak was worse. The staff told me the leak would be fixed by the time I returned from dinner. It was worse. The next morning I had to build a dyke with all of my bath towels to hold back the water. I was finally transferred to a great room on the top floor. There was water all over the bathroom floor the next morning. Obviously the hotel has a problem with water leaks and they don't have the maintenance staff to repair them or don't know where the leak is originating.
If they can fix this issue it will be a wonderful hotel and a great refuse for Westerners in China.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business