“Unique local delicacy”

Ranked #8 of 1,709 Restaurants in Xi'an
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 029-85398299
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The restaurant has a great location, easy to find. The noodles are great. I like its decor also. Because of its easy access and affordability, many locals are here. Thus it might be a little noisy.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Xi'an, itself, was disappointing. Kind of a dirty, gritty city with little of interest other than the Muslim Quarter and the Terracotta Warriors (which, also, were a bit of a let down, but I'll leave that for another review). However, I will say perhaps our favourite restaurant in mainland China was this simple little place First Noodle Under the Sun. We read about it in Lonely Planet, and thankfully it hasn't succumbed to the "Lonely Planet" effect (increasing the prices and serving bad food to tourists). There were only locals here and the food is amazing and incredibly cheap. The egg and tomato noodles were my favourite, but any of the noodle dishes we ordered were great. We got four large bottles of beer, two bottles of water, and four large dishes all for the equivalent of 11 dollars. English menus and friendly service. This place was so good that, despite the fact it was a long way from our hotel, we went back here twice. Highly recommended. Seek it out.

2  Thank northropfrye
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Noodles as their specialty very good. Also other dishes tasty. English spoken, menus in english with pictures. Recommended.

1  Thank Amadej L
Reviewed June 13, 2012

some reviewers seem a little disapointed after the lp endorsement, but this is not the fault of the restuarant that does not claim to be "the best" in xian. go with realistic expectations and you will enjoy a tasty meal surrounded by locals in a typical noisy chinese restaurant. cold beers and lots of non noodle items on the menu if you wants something else.

1  Thank reins76
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

My bf and I went to first noodle off the back of a lonley planet review. We also wanted somewhere authentic that we knew had an english menu.

The food was very average and we order more than two people should order. My bf had the signature dish which is th long noodles with garlic dipping sauce. That was actually quite good but the rest all tasted the same and was super garlicky. I love garlic but it was too much.

The tables were clean but the floor was disgusting and about 6 waitresses would serve us at a time. None could speak English though.

It was very cheap though. Under 100CNY for 4-5 dishes plus beers.

Been to First Noodle Under The Sun? Share your experiences!