“breakfest is good”
Review of Hilton Xi'an

Hilton Xi'an
Ranked #5 of 2,653 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Has freish frout jiuse that child can drink. the hotel is very close to the City achcint wall .but the envierment is not good too many restrants and not smell good. There is a drag store in front the hotel is very felxible to people who take children to visit if child get cold it is easy to get medisine no meter you need china traditional or west style medical care.

1  Thank Yong C
JeanMichelKok, Director of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Xi'an and the ancient city! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Hilton Xi'an is centrally located within the ancient City Wall, near popular shopping and sightseeing destinations. And it is very convenient for guests to enjoy the local food cause the Shaanxi Flavor street is just beside the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support to the Hilton brand. Hope that you could come back to the hotel again soon later.

Best regards

Hope that you could come back to the hotel soon later.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

A good hotel overall, but it is very expensive to upgrade to include breakfast and wi-fi service. The staff seems trying to sell upgrades when possible without helping the guest to make rational decisions. I ended up spent 350 RMB per day for an upgrade, while I only use the breakfast and wi-fi service (maybe they changed me to a room slightly different, which does not make too much difference to me).

2  Thank Pingbo T
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the property on a short business trip. They gave me a nice suite upgrade to an amazing, well decorated room. The Executive Lounge was excellent and had a decent breakfast selection. Perhaps the best part of my experience was the staff. They were outstanding, spoke excellent English, and greeted me each day with a smile. My only negative was the slow connection speed of the wifi. Regardless, I have found my new hotel on future visits to Xi'an.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Samuel A
JeanMichelKok, Director of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Greetings from Ancient Xian city and thank you for your valued comments.
I noted that we have not entirely met your expectations in particular with the Internet Access. For this, I will make sure our IT Manager goes through a full check of our internet access.
Would appreciate if you could let us know where you were standing for the weak WIFI signature issue, we could arrange specific check accordingly.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hilton Xian and remain your hospitality choice in Xian.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Recommend this Hotel -Convenient location for both business and pleasure - very good accommodations- friendly staff -concierge staff go out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. Breakfast has everything available to suit your needs & or wants

2  Thank Kenneth J B
JeanMichelKok, Director of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Xian.
Thanks also for replying your positive feedback in our guest questionnaire.
It is our honor to take good care of every single guest.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Overall we had a very good experience at this hotel. Not perfect but what you would expect from a Hilton hotel even in Xi'an.

Good location, not really a short walk but walk-able to Bell tower. Room was nice and a couple of extra things done by the staff were appreciated. We had a lot of noise outside our room on one of the days, i think there was some work being done but it eventually stopped and otherwise was quite.

Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DasFerg
JeanMichelKok, Director of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted due to the noise outside your room.
Would you mind let us know more details that whether this noise is caused by hotel Engineering or outside.
The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope you will be our guest Again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 11 days on a business trip. Everything was fine and the gym and sauna area is great. I experienced 2 problems.

1-The problem I had is that I requested airport pickup and they quoted me RMB550 and Charged me RMB900. Been working with the Sales manager for 30+ days now to get a refund for the over charge and all i get is excuses. Very frustating. Im a loyal Hilton guest but wont be staying here anymore.

2- The rooms are extremely hot even though it was November. The hotel offered me a noisy portable AC unit. The window remained open the entire stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
JeanMichelKok, Director Of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted due to the airport pick up charging and room temperature.
I have taken your comments to our team to ensure in the future that we do a better job of streamlining the process for the guests. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here in December for two nights our first time in China. We came from Beijing by bullet train, which was great. We had written to the hotel by email telling them when we would arrive and would they send a car to pick us up, they simply didn't reply in spite of us writing three days before arrival. On arrival at the station we took a taxi or rather two taxis both of which had no idea where to go in spite of us showing them our booking confirmation slips. A friendly policeman somehow understood a little English and directed him. A large sign of the Hilton and perhaps a map showing its within the old wall might have made it easier. We did show him the Hilton logo and that definitely helped. On arrival the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. We had booked the executive club, this was rather disappointing, very ordinary and it seemed often not enough.
Our teenage boys felt like something other than Chinese food so the friendly lady suggested a pizzeria a short walk from the hotel called Johnny's well we couldn't find anything remotely resembling a pizzeria called anything. Make sure you get some really clear instructions if you need to go anywhere because just about nothing is written in anything other than Chinese. We ended up going back to the hotel and ordering a pizza in the restaurant downstairs. This was honestly not a great pizza and we had to eat there again the next evening as we couldn't find another restaurant and all stop serving food at about 9. The food wasn't great, although the samosa's I ordered were rather good snacks.
The location of this hotel is great. The rooms were very nice and comfortable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philippe P
JeanMichelKok, Director of Operation at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Greetings from Hilton Xian and the ancient city!

I noticed that through your comments, we have not entirely met your expectations, in particular with the pre-arrival experience.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will personally talk to our Reservation Manager and Front Office Manager and have both of them focusing on the service follow up and improvement in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Xian. This is only through guests' comments like yours that we are able to improve and maintain the Hilton service standards and quality.