“Beautiful decor”
Review of Hilton Xi'an

Hilton Xi'an
Ranked #5 of 2,653 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The murals in this lobby are amazing As well as the replica of the terracotta warrior and carriage The rooms are very comfortable it is within walking distance of the city wall, and is on a busy street, but the hotel is very quiet
I enjoyed my stay here

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
LilianROGER, General Manager at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for your valueble comments.
Once again, thank you for your continuous support to the Hilton brand.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a traveller who prefers modern style hotels. The Hilton in Xian just opened two years ago (as I recall), and thus fits my hotel requirements quite well. This hotel is located inside and close to the Great city Wall of Xian and thus serves as a good base for exploring this city). However, from my experience with other hotels in this chain, the Hilton brand is unfortunately not very even across the world, with some hotel outlets being far from five stars, but luckily we were in for a positive surprise at the Hilton Xian. The hotel has a spacious lobby and a modern yet Chinese feel. We were upgraded to Executive floor level upon check-in, very nice gesture! The rooms do not disappoint, big comfy bed and great pillows. Also, the marble flooring bathrooms are wonderfull with both bathtub and a spacious shower with rainforest showering.

But, still, I have a hard time giving this hotel five stars experience, as I had some annoying incidents which influenced my overall score. First, the wifi in our room, very weak signal, if any at all. Despite my complaint, no fixing of the problem. So, poor internet access,if any, throughout our stay. Second, breakfast buffet restaurant somewhat a chaotic experience with some of the staff being non-attentive to guest requests plus lacking English language skills. I dont blame them, rather the hotel for having placed these people in a service oriented function. Other staff was, on the contrary, very friendly and helpful.

The hotel has an ATM (MasterCard and Visa ok) in the lobby for withdrawal of Chinese Renminbi and a travel agent desk for booking of tours in the city and its vicinity. A very helpful travel agent assisted us in, among many, our special request to book tickets for the outdoor famous Chinese pantomime show "A song of everlasting sorrow" which uses a true whole mountain range as part of the backdrop stage - amazing and what a show. A must see!

Will I return to Hilton Xian? Yes, as this hotel is a five star hotel in many aspects, which may not disappoint on my hopefully next visit hereto.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LilianROGER, General Manager at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Greetings from Hilton Xian and the ancient city!
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your staying experience with us. We always appreciate any feedback whether positive or highlighting service or product issues. Talking about the breakfast service, I will personnal talk to our F&B Manager and let him focusing on the improvement of the F&B service.
Once again, thank you for your continuous support to the Hilton brand and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the Hilton Xian.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was so far the best Hilton (including all the different hotels of the chain like Garden Inn or Double Tree) I had stayed. I never saw a staff so good in service and attention to the guests. I wish I had stayed longer. The front desk was very helpful specially Dustin and the manager, and all my gratitude to Crystal of the Concierge desk. She was the most respectful and caring person that I found during my trip to Xi'An since I began to plan it in USA months ago - when I sent an email to Hilton asking for informations on tours to the Warriors of Terracotta. I had an early check out and left my big luggage at the hotel's storage for the full day tour. The manager that morning knew that I had a late evening train to Beijing and allowed me to use the facilities of the fitness center for resting and a shower back from my tour and before I get my train (a long journey of twelve hours at least) to Beijing. It made all the difference! This final touch was really memorable. I will never forget. Congratulations staff of Hilton Xi'An. You know how to receive the guests and how to give a good service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your valuable comments for Hilton Xian. This is our duty and responsibility to care for our valuable guest. We always appreciate any feedback whether positive or highlighting service or product issues.
Once again, thank you for your continuous support to the Hilton brand.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The property seems new. It is well located, not too far from the city wall and the Muslim area. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The staff are friendly, try hard but generally not very fluent in English. The food is not bad. Except for checking in and out, it takes forever to get things done.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Amyn A

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My room was not that clean and quite noisy. I found a slipper which did not belong to us in my room. There was an obivous oily hand mark on the frosted glass of the bathroom. The road my room facing is quite noisy. The bedsheet is quite rough.

The first day breakfast was a mess, the staff assigned two tables for our family and some mainlands guest just took our tables without asking.

In the lobby toliet, there was a man looks like a government officer in uniform having a poo without closing the toilet door and looking at you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
LilianROGER, General Manager at Hilton Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted due to the room clean and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure in the future that we do a better job of streamlining the process for the guests. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in a standard room in Xian Hilton for 5 nights during Easter holiday and really enjoyed the whole experience. In general, it offers standard service of a five-star hotel with nothing very surprising until the day we checked out. We checked out in the morning and after settlement of the bills, we were asked if we had breakfast already. Our answer was no and the manager run to the bakery and got us some croissants/muffins as well as water so we could eat on the road to airport. We are so touched by this small but caring gesture, and never expect such thing will happen in China. OK, it didn't happen anywhere in our past 20-year traveling experience. The final touch of this Xian trip was so memorable and I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Xian. This is only through guests' comments like yours that we are able to improve and maintain the Hilton service standards and quality.
This is our duty and responsibility to care for our valuable guest. Once again, thank you for your continuous support to the Hilton brand.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are so used to the breakfast tradition of Hitlon - a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice on offer once you sit down at your dinning table.
We missed that in Hilton Xian.
No drinks (water, tea, coffee, juice, milk) until you ask and the waitresses look at you as if you do not know what self-service breakfast means.
We usually avoid the morning crowd and take our breakfast after 9am but the food stations are left with not much choice. They should have everything re-filled/replenished...
Accommodation wise, it is not bad and the location is excellent. If we are not so demanding on our breakfast experience, we may come back...

Room Tip: rooms facing the garden is quieter