“A really good hotel”

Ramada Xian Bell Tower
Ranked #38 of 2,617 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well situated at the heart of the walled city. It is conveniently near the Muslim Quarters which has great food and cheap souvenirs. It is near the Bell and drum towers and shopping malls/stores. It near the airport bus stop.

The room is the right size for 2 and is clean and comfortable. Nice lighting. Would really like a room like that.

If you come here and don't have a clue of the tours, the hotel can arrange everything for you. The food is good although eating it the second time is not exciting anymore.

Xian is a city with great tourist potential and they are slowly improving the city. And Ramada hotel is definitely the place to stay at!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Jepoyng
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

January 31, 2013
Thanks a lot for taking your precious time writing this review. We do appreciate your praise on our service and quality. Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower are persisting being committed to creating caring experience every person and every time. We are now waiting and welcoming your next stay in Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. Thank you!
If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact with me.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Xian Bell Tower

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Such a nice hotel and kept very very well, great rooms clean and roomy, loaction is perfect inside the city wall, we had a room facing the bell tower, streets coming off the round about that the bell tower is of have somthing for everyone............. resturants, markets, high end shops.
We saw Bampo Village, Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, the Terra Cotta Warriors and the City....City Wall during the day and ate, drink and shopped all night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nomad_Axela
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights during a recent weekend visit to Xian to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to book a tour through the hotel to the Warriors site, and the price was comparable to booking a tour on-line with an unknown agency. We had the driver the whole day, it was great, he arranged the tickets for us so we did not have to wait in any lines, and he waited patiently while we spent as much time as we wanted at the two attractions we went to that day, Bampo Village and the Warriors. We actually ended up having the van and driver to ourselves, so it was like a private tour.

The hotel itself was great. From the bellhop delivering our bags to our room, to the modern, clean room with lots of shower amenities, to the giant walk into shower with the sliding shade looking into the bedroom. We arrived too late on Friday night for dinner, so we ordered room service. The person taking our order ended up coming to our room to take our orders personally, I don't know if this is hotel policy or because she wanted to make certain she understood us correctly and got the orders right. . . . either way, the food was delicious. I ordered lamb chops, and the meal was one of the best I had in a long time.

Our beds were extremely comfortable with a choice of both hard and soft pillows. Slippers and robes were provided for use in the rooms.

We enjoyed room service so much that we decided to try breakfast the next morning. It was worth the 50 kwai it cost. We felt that there was a quite a decent selection of both Chinese and Western style foods, including bacon, sausages, eggs any style, baked beans, fresh fruits, we were quite satisfied. There was a large selection of fresh pastries as well, and we were so full we did not need to eat lunch.

We had planned on going out and about after our day out to seek out a local restaurant, but we had been so impressed with breakfast we decided to try dinner at the hotel. All I can say is Wow!!!! One of the best meals ever!! All you can eat sushi, with a sushi chef making it right in front of you .. .Can it get any better than that? I had been wary of eating any raw fish in China, but this fish was definitely fresh, and I had absolutely no problems after. The choices were enormous. You could get grilled steak, grilled fish, made to order, a large selection of cheese, fruits, Chinese food, dim sum, I can't even begin to name it all. I had never tried hot pot before, and they had that as well. I was not sure what to do, and our very helpful waitress actually came with me to help me pick out what I should eat, showed me how to cook it, and I ate it and enjoyed it thoroughly. The meal was worth every single penny. We actually loved it so much that we had considered returning again from Chengdu before I left to return home to the US just to stay and eat at this hotel again.

Of course, we ate breakfast again at the hotel. Our flight was not until the evening, but the hotel was kind enough to hold our bags for us after check out so we could spend the day sightseeing. They even arranged for transportation back to the airport.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MiouMiou
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was searching for a hotel that is a western chain, city centre and has a favourable rating from fellow travellers. I found that fabulous Hotel with excellent rating and very good price.
Rooms are spacious, with a bit separate areas for the basin, toilet, bathing cubicle and bag storage area . The sleeping area is finelyand modernly decorated . The Bed is wide and comfortable. There is an area for the working computer with free ADSL connection. (WiFi is available only in the lobby) Coffee&tea making facility,minibar and Hair dryer and safe are freely available. Different types of electric plugs are available; the classical european rounded prongs, american style and chinese 3 prongs.
Lobby staff are helpful and speaks fluent English and are very smart. Breakfast if not included in reservation, will cost RNB 50.00/person. Choices in breakfast are limited for western taste. Only cereals, boiled eggs and a plate of mainly Rockford grean cheese. Pieces of local seasonal fruits are available. More than 90% of the buffet is for chinese.
The Hotel is near many attractions e.g. Muslim Destrict and Bell drum. Nearby Subway station.
The Hotel is very clean and organised. As expected,noise can be heard from the streets even in the high floors.
I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, many thanks for sparing your precious time commenting on us about our service and your experience in Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. And we do appreciate for your high praise. We are committed to creating caring experience every person, every time. As to the buffet style, we will immediately make adjustment to meet the satisfaction of people throughout the world not only the local Chinese. We do hope you will enjoy your next stay in Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact with me. I am the assistant of the General Manager. Thank you.

Besr regards,
Secretary of General Manager, Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower

79 North Street, Lianhu District, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710003
o: +86 29 8738 3168│m: +86 136 3021 0838 │email: xian@ramadabelltower.com
Skype: alex_shanshan

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here during my tour of Xian. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfasts were great. Good location for those touring and traveling in Xian. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to the city walls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Exciteableboy
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear guest,
Thanks a lot for your sparing time writing this review. We do appreciate your sincere comment on your stay in Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. We will spare no effort to improving our quality and service. What is more, we genuinely waiting for your next accomodation in our hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay in this hotel. I had a problem connecting with the internet and the staff were extremely helpful, they went all out to fix the problem. Someone was sent to actually purchase an adaptor for me and gave to me free of charge!! Brilliant.
The restaurant was outstanding, a variety of food, and a brilliant selection of breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: I think Wifi is up to the 3rd floor, then its all ADSL
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fbenettolo
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I got the suite at a very reasonable price. It was big and spaciousand looked amazing. It has a central location with a reasonable walk to the north wall, bus 306. It doesnt have a money chnager but you can go to the bank next store. It is close to the food places and shopping areas.

Room Tip: Go the suite youwont be disappointed
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank John E
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thanks for your sparing time on this reviews. We are very appreciative for your high praise on your experience during Xi'an Ramada Bell Tower. Your affirmation to our service and quality will promote our development onto a higher platform. Xi'an Ramada Bell Tower is committed to creating caring every person, every time.
Nowadays, there has been sales activities in our Live's Cafe, where you can enjoy the buffet at the best price with the finest quality. Three companions, free for one of you.
We are sincerely waiting for your next stay in the near furture.
If you have any questions, please contact with me directly. Tel: + 86 29 87383168 or Mob:+86 13630210838
Secretary of General Manager