“Raindrops falling on my head” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Xian Bell Tower Hotel

Ramada Xian Bell Tower Hotel
Ranked #46 of 2,328 Hotels in Xi'an
Biggera Waters, Australia
“Raindrops falling on my head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Upon arrival much confusion as I never had my voucher printed to show at book in.( I had it saved on my laptop.The Reception Staff had a lack of English, the doorman came to the rescue and helped out.The stay in the hotel was average,and the highlight was the water that was leaking from the room above,making the plaster ceiling slowly fall into our hand basin,The duty manager was called and his responce was "no worries the insurance will fix it".( Bad response from management.)The Hotel was in a good location,handy to Bell Tower and market area. We were only there for 3 days.Wired Internet in room. Crazy room numbering was confusing.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the front as our room was on the side looking into the building next door.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoldCoastFarang
Alexshanshan, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thanks for your taking time to write a concrete reponse to your stay in our hotel. I am the new assistant of our general manager in charge of the guest relations. We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel because of the room facilities. We have required the related department to make a midification and training on the professional accomplishment. And we are sparing no efforts to make a great improvement on the service and quality. If I can be assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 0086-13630210838. We hope to welcome you back Ramada Xi’an Bell Tower in the not so distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have now had 2 consistently excellent stays at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are modern, clean, and fully equipped, and great value for the AUD$60 that we paid both times - I have not had the standard of comfort for this price anywhere before. The buffet breakfast is plentiful and cheap at around only ¥50, with both Western and Chinese options, and we were really impressed with the buffet dinner at only around ¥90-100: freshly made sushi, barbecue to order, fresh dumping soup, hotpot, and many other options made it great value for money. Wifi is available in the lobby and restaurant, and the staff are very helpful and attentive. The hotel is very close to the Bell Tower and it's subway stop (only around 5 minutes walk), and the staff are happy to help arrange a taxi for you. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sam_22O
Thanks for your high praise for Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. We do appreciate your any comments on our service and quality. We do hope and welcome your next stay in the near future in our hotel. And we are committed to creating caring experience every person, every time.
Alex Duan
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my first trip to Xi'an and we stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Generally speaking, this is a really good hotel. First of all, it is well located. There are loads of hotels in Bell Tower area but this is the only modern-style hotel. Secondly, it is really clean and comfy. I love this king-size bed! Thirdly, there is a business centre in 3rd floor with reasonable price and good service. It is convient to go to the airport. However, I am dissatisfied with the design of the room. Shower room and toilet is totally separate and both of them are small. My boyfriend is 190cm and he can not have enough space. Besides, the breakfast buffet is for basic needs. It means that you can have a correct breakfast with cheap price, but do not have high expect in the quality. I am quite disappointed at it.
Well overall, if you just want a comfort and cheap place to stay, this is a good choice. I saw the comments about the troubles of getting a taxi, honestly, this is not the hotel's fault. And Xi'an is a big city, no matter where you go, it is far away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WinnieX89
Thank you for your talking time to write a response on tripadvisor after your recent visit. We do appreciate your admiration for your stay during Ramada Xi'an Bell Tower. We are committed to providing your the considerate and comfortable service. Since you are not satisfied with our breakfast, we will spare no efforts to make a great improvement on the quality and we do hope that you will choose your next vacation stay in our hotel. Thank you!

Alex Duan
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Well, this hotel tries to be nice. All of the ideas are there for a four star place, but it just doesn't quite get there. All of the tempered reviews earlier seem to be on target. It's rather noisy, the room I had was terribly dark, it's tough to get a taxi and so on. On top of that, the room I had, had a really odd design where the shower and toilet seem to have been retrofitted on opposite sides of the room and then glassed in with frosted glass. There is no 'bathroom' per se. I was OK with this set up, but others may find it a little strange.

This is Xi'an, not New York, Rome or even Beijing. Staff struggles with English, international travelers are somewhat of a rarity and transportation can be a challenge. All of this being said, the Xi'an Ramada isn't a bad place, and if your expectations are flexible, you probably won't be disappointed. If you must have four or five star treatment, you should be willing to spend the money and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Drivers in Xi'an lean on their horns. Constantly. Crabby traffic wardens blow their whistles o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank carrache
, Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel because of the room facilities and services. your opinion is appreciated and will be forwarded to related department for their attention.
We welcome all constructive criticism as it help us to get better.

Prato, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I wonder if the other comments relate to the same Hotel I was in, early this week!
The hotel is obviously new and very nice, but the same cannot be said for the service. The knowledge of English is unsatisfactory, the bar has a list of items "not available". When my wife tried to explain that what she was looking for was an espresso indicating the coffe machine behind the bar she was told that the machine could only make coffe+milk+sugar. To her surprised comment she was told that if she tought she could make an espresso with that machine she was welcome to try herself! She did so and when she actually finished preparing her espresso the man behind the bar stated she was crazy to drink something like that and charged her 25 Yuan!!!!
After a long list of "sorrry, don't have" I spotted on the menu and on the bar a bottle of gin. I asked for a gin and tonic to the great surprise of the staff member who had no idea what it was.
I took him by the hand and prepared this extremely complicated cocktail which led the man to ask me if this was a typical Italian drink!
It took me a long time to explain that I wanted to charge the drinks to my room only to obtain a comment about Chinese culture and the need for my paying cash. Since I had left a deposit of 1000 yuan I refursed to pay on the spot and after a long discussion I was convincing enough, but exhausted.
When checking out the next day, we were delayed because they could not trace a laundry bag which my friends' daughters had moved to the parents' room!

All in all, a good hotel (although a few improvements could be done to the rooms: a bit more light in the bathroom would help ladies with their makeup and gents' for shaving. A couple of hooks to hang wet bath robes would do no harm) but the service takes away at least 2 of the 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank harry1249
Dear guest:

Thanks for your time to share your comment.

We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied withyour recent stay at our hotel because of the services.Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.
If I can be assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 0086-13720439489.We hope to welcome you back Ramada Xi’an Bell Tower in the not so distant future.

Melody Liu

Travelers are raving about these Xi'an hotels

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

So many positive aspects. For a low room rate (we paid 45 €) you get an o.k. room with a wonderful bathroom (rainforest walk in shower) in a perfect location. Just walk to the Bell Tower and Main shopping area as well as the south Gate (a few meters West of south Gate on the city wall you can rent bicycles - a must even for unexperienced bike riders like me). Best of all the hotel is located just a few minutes by foot to the Muslim quarter which is so lively at night with hundreds of small restaurants and shops. Free WiFi only in the lobby and restaurant. Breakfast o.k. Fitness Center barely adaequate and only open when Massage place is open, not in the morning!!! Back Massage was o.k., price a little high for China. In this hotel you are also very close to two stations of the now open Metro (Line 2). Just take the Metro to the North Train Station and buy tickets to go to LuoyangLongmen - 100 minute ride for 380 km to the amazing 1500 year-old Grottoes/Buddhas, far superior to the BingMaYong (Terracotta Warriors) in our opinion .

Room Tip: away from the street because windows do not shut closely
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Unbekannt
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful remarks on the tripadvisor after your recent visit.
We have shared with our staff.
Welcome to join WYNDHAM REWARDS, you can earn points or airline miles when staying any wyndham hotel brand.

Timaru, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The cost of hotel pick up from airport to the hotel is high. At the start, our Pingyao hotel lady was having problem to book the pick up service for us since Ramada keep asking for cellphone number but we don't have one. I was sitting next to her while she talked to Ramada-she has to assure Ramada that we are good guest and will turn up and pay etc etc.. So not a good start since I have actually booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children via their website about 5 months ahead but they still have doubt that we will not turn up when we try to book the airport pick up service.. not so impressed.. Upon check in, it took ages since they had issue with the booking and we end up have to stay in 2 different rooms instead of a 2 rooms unit as the web reservation confirmed…The hotel pick up service keep standing next to me while we were checked in and ask us to go to another office to pay for the pick up fees by cash before we had chance to go to our room..Give us the feeling they think we will run away without pay... I understand it was late night but this is suppose to be a chain international hotel.. it is disappointing that the pick up service and hotel cannot be paid at same time under same bill and I have to deal with 2 groups of people.. and I asked about train ticket purchasing for our onward travel from Xian to Luoyang, the answer I got was that we will not be able to get the train tickets since it is near Chinese New Year and they can only book flights for us .. The next day, I found the train ticket booth near this hotel (turn left while you come out the hotel and cross the first traffic light - the ticket booth is right next to the national theater) I did queue about 20 minutes but had no problem getting 4 train tickets and the train had heaps of seats left even on the day we travelled. Kind of feel they try to trick us to get more $$. The positive thing is that the guy at the front desk rostered at midnight on 2 Jan was really helpful and did gave me a lot of advice on how to get a bus to Terra-cotta Army and the room itself is clean but that was about it…Service to him is 5 stars but the rest of the team made it dropped to 2 stars...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelbugsPPt
, General Manager at Ramada Xian Bell Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for your comments on this website. I wanted to personally reply to you and take your
feedback to improve the services and products we offer.

I have passed on your comments to the departments involved. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
If I can be assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 0086-87283999EXT:80001,We hope to welcome you back Ramada Xi’an Bell Tower in the not so distant future.

Lily Zhang