All reviewswalk in closetspacious lobbyseparate bathtubtour groupbreakfast was deliciousvery nice hotelbeds were comfortablemain roadenjoyed my staywestern dishesfoot massagerooms are bigpleasant staynoodleschinese restaurantchecking outspent two nights
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The recently renovated hotel has many entertainment facilities. Our family went there last weekend to have buffet dinner and enjoyed it a lot. The food was amazing with lots of choice.
All the staff there are very friendly and eager to help us, they also have baby seat available which is great. The only bad thing is the steak was so tough and cold that we couldn't eat it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in September 2012, and overall we found the hotel functional, clean, and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

Rooms - while not the largest rooms, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean and well maintained, and all the electrical bits functioned. The only oddity was that in our room, part of the window was partly behind a wall, and the window wasn't well sealed. Since it was behind the wall, the sound from the window was sort of directed to one side of the bed - I listened to the noise all night, while the better half slept soundly.

Breakfast - if you have the chance, go early or late. The room is very small, and so when the larger bus groups go through, it is busy. The staff keep the food coming, but you might struggle to find a table. Food itself was ok, although it was a little like Cuba - inconsistent, and cooking oil was the solution to whatever the problem was. Lots of choices for cereals, yoghurts etc.

Lobby etc - not the best layout, but clean and well maintained. As others have said, wifi is in the lobby only. Should you want a little quiet, head over to the business centre - it actually has a couple of chairs (in addition to the computers) and we used that when the lobby was full.

While others have said that the staff spoke English well enough, I didn't find this and it was a bit frustrating. I purchased train tickets (from Xian to Beijing) and had them delivered to the hotel. When I called the hotel (from Canada), I could not get any real answer to the question "have the tickets been delivered" (chinatripadvisor.com indicated they had been delivered to the hotel). Even when we got to the hotel, we struggled. Our guide (speaking in Chinese) helped us through this, and eventually the found the tickets (they don't have a good system for receiving stuff like this).

I give the staff credit for trying - when one individual didn't understand, they passed me to someone who spoke better and they really did try to help. However, given the number of English folks passing through, I would have thought they would have more staff speaking other languages. Many other posts suggest language wasn't an issue, so maybe I just didn't get lucky, but if you have non-standard needs/requests, get the travel agency to help.

1  Thank Mike427
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here from Sep 22 - 25, 2012 and I booked it online. Staff were very helpful and the manager went out of his way to help me get information. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. The restaurant was very good with a nice selection for breakfast. If you have a wireless only device you will need to get a router from the front desk. They do allow smoking in the lounge and not supposed to in the restaurant, but some people seem to light up at the end of their dinner as they're getting ready to leave. Would reccommend this hotel if you're staying in X'ian.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel reception is impressive, but is on the 4th floor, and then you have to take an escalator to get to the lifts to get to the bedrooms, so arriving and departing were not the easiest of proceedings ! Staff were friendly with good English. Rooms were comfortable and clean but rather cluttered - not much space for 2 people with suitcases! Breakfast was good.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I slept here 2 nights during a summer tour. The hall is at the 5th or 6th floor and is quite nice, even if there is not public telephone and a very few places where to sit while waiting. there are also no signs where to find the rooms, because the elevators you take from the ground floor are not the ones that takes you to the rooms floors. you have to take the escalators and then you will find the elevetors to the floors. the room was not too clean (the toilet tablet was not clean but I had my cleaning emergency kit so I used them) while the room was normal. internet connection throught the cable free. the bathroom was really very small with just the shower (good shower) taking half the space but all I needed was there. The buffet restaurant was great and,even if we arrived there late at night, they were waiting for us and was full of very good things (execpt for the icecream...completely liquid). the restaurant is also where you have breakfast, that is very good too, but in the morning you will have some difficulties finding a place for you to sit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo