All reviewswalk in closetspacious lobbyseparate bathtubtour groupbreakfast was deliciousvery nice hotelbeds were comfortablemain roadenjoyed my staywestern dishesfoot massagerooms are bigpleasant staynoodleschinese restaurantchecking outspent two nights
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were part of a good sized tour group, and had just spent the last 12 hours on a soft sleeper train out of Beijing. They allowed our group into the hotel early (which we truly appreciated.) I liked that we had a desk, and a huge shower and a separate tub. After the train, it was like a palace. There was free wi-fi in the lobby, so we caught up on our emails, but thought it odd that you had to take an elevator there, and then another one to get to the rooms.
The breakfast in the morning was okay. There were several foods that should have been hot that were cold. Breakfast had been open for half an hour or so when we got there, so we wouldn't have expected hot foods to have cooled down that quickly.
Within walking distance, there was really only a KFC. They had a picture menu, which was good, but I'd say to stick with the fries and the ice cream.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spent two nights here in the hell-hole of a polluted city. The reason being of course to see the nearby Terracotta Warriors.
Reception is reached by taking a lift to the fourth floor. Then further lifts access the bedrooms.
The windows were filthy. But I guess with all the pollution,if they were cleaned on Monday,then they would be filthy again on Tuesday.
I found no "Western" style food options nearby. But then my guide advised staying in the hotelto eat.
The bar does in fact have a snack type menu that they do not clearly display. The Steak Sandwich was lovely. And cost the equivalent of under four British Pounds.
It saves having to have yet another help yourself buffet lunch.

Room Tip: Go for the highest floor available to escape the city noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Like many 'brand name' hotels in China, this presents very well. It is clearly very popular with tour group organisers, and being on the Eastern side of the city is well positioned for the mandatory journey to the Terracotta Army. Service level was very good although don't expect fluent English. I didn't meet any - lots of fun. Smoking provision is made everywhere, and although I was in a non-smoking room, it still had an ashtray. Indeed, ashtrays were everywhere in the hotel. But no old tobacco smell, except in the corridors from time to time..... The room was a good size, and would have accomodated two people easily; the arrangement of hand basin and mirror outside the bathroom seemed to me to have offered some flexibility. Good, comfortable bed with good-quality linens; plenty of hangars; courtesy shoe cleaning; extremely efficient laundry service. But as I've encountered elsewhere in China, wi-fi in the lobby only (it is provided by the hotel). Note that the internet can be subject to frustrations: for example, Twitter was not available in China during my stay. In my view, the hotel's restaurants need work: the breakfast buffet is a trial for everyone when they're loaded with tourists, and the evening options are poor unless you're in a group, in which case it makes sense to eat at their Chinese restaurant (which is organised into eight rooms, for group eating).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank peterkar
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights (recommended by local friend). Though it does not have a lot of facilities, the large room size and good location made up for it. In short, it is a no-frills hotel offering an adequate Chinese buffet breakfast spread in the morning and little of everything else.
The most important factor, it does not have the stale smell of cigarette smoke in the room. The front desk is a typical reception desk that you will find in other 3-star hotel and check out is at the 4th storey.
You can easily arrange for transport to the TW or airport at a counter within the lobby too.
Not sure about wifi because when we enquire, the receptionist mention that they do not have it even in the lobby. Any wifi signal, according to her, is from neighbouring shops.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you are not a smoker
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank limkopi
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here for two nights on a Page & Moy tour of China. Our room on the seventh floor was spacious and quiet. There was a large shower with choice of shower head. We had basin and toilet in bathroom but some of our group had a basin in the bedroom which they found a little strange. The food in the restaurant was good although I wasn't too sure about the pigeon heads! Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple