“Beautiful costumes but very touristy” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Germantown, Tennessee
“Beautiful costumes but very touristy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A touristy dinner show that provided beautiful costumes and music, a beautiful atmosphere but a so-so dinner. We went here as part of our tour with a tour group, and the place was filled with nothing but other tourists. Sit down dinner provided was just OK. We also went here for the lunch buffet with our group. It had more quantity than quality and only a few things that were actually edible. Lunch buffet was also only other tourists, and they really rushed everyone through. Felt a bad $4.99 all you can eat Chinese buffet in the U.S. would have been better. I would only recommend if you want to see a show with traditional Chinese costumes, music and dance. Would not go for the food. Not sure what the price was since it was included with our tour and I am sure we got a group rate, but the price for the dinner and show was advertised in the theater at close to U.S.$100 per person.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Whistler, Canada
“Who doesn't like a little "cheese" now and then?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Although the dumplings weren't the best I've ever had and the audience was full of tourists, the show seemed fairly authentic. This is a good way to get a glimpse of traditional Chinese music and dance. Doors open for dinner at 6 PM. Getting there by 6:30 or 6:45 is fine. Show starts at 8 PM and is done just after 9. Opt for the dinner & show (US $50) because US $32 seems a bit steep for just one hour of music and dance.

Visited October 2013
Cairns, Australia
“I'm not an Opera person, but this was pretty good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never been a big fan of Opera style performances, but I have to admit that being accompanied with my wife and two teenagers, we all agreed that this was well worth the visit. The food was nice, not outstanding, and we found that there was enough good quality food for the evening. Due to the layout to watch the performance after the meal, the tables are in a set position which makes it hard for the waiters. Yet the service was good also. The performance itself was fast and entertaining. A bit of everything to please everyone. Would I do it again? Yeah, I reckon I would. So yes, worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Medford, New York
“Touristy but enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went here with our China tour. It is in a large tiered theatre which was filled with other western tour groups. Dinner consisted of 15 different dumplings, which were tastey. The show is definitely done for tourists but was enjoyable and well done.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shelley R
Regina, Canada
“Tacky, fake 'Chinese culture' is insulting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would have found this show boring and sub-par in Las Vegas. It's completely inexcusable here, presented as 'Chinese' when the choreography, costumes, and much of the music are so obviously Western in origin. The dance performances are incredibly dumb and really boring, with the most athletic dance move being the occasional high kick. Weak.

The only positive thing is the traditional Chinese orchestra, and even then I have my doubts as to how authentic the music is when the rest of the show is so clearly Westernized and fake. It's insulting to the audience's intelligence to suggest that any of this resembles anything from the Tang Dynasty, or is even Chinese in origin.

It's true that the theater is nice and some of the food is pretty good. The show is too gross to make up for it. Not recommended.

• Visited September 2013