“5-Day China Tour”

$87.00*
Xi'an Private Day Tour: Terracotta Warriors and City Wall
$66.00*
and up
One Day Xian Bus Tour to Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum plus Small Wild...
$148.00*
Private Tour: 2-Day Xi'an Essence Tour
Ranked #1 of 82 Tours in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: China tours reviews here are the authentic opinions of those who traveled with TravelChinaGuide, which may be of great help to your China trip planning.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week vacation in China. Before we went there was much that we wanted to see. The time that we were in Beijing and Xian, required a lot of train station and airport pick ups as well as several things we wanted to see spread out all over the place. In addition to that we needed someone to purchase train tickets for us. I had the idea of trying to compact this 5 days and all these expenses through one tour company. We had a few we were looking at. All seemed good enough. 2 of them were on line (one of them being travelchinaguide.com). I was a little concerned at first buy purchasing a tour through the internet, I wanted to keep all options open. In the end we chose to go with travelchinaguide.com. They were not quite the cheapest but they were just a few more dollars then the lowest. They seemed more reputable, their website was amazing probably my go to site for all information I needed. (I had several books from the library). I was looking at a local travel agent to provide us with a tour group they would recommend. When we went to the travel agency they were using tcg.com website to research some of the questions we had. This was the deciding factor to go with tcg.com.
The tour was great. I could not think of any complaints.
The Guides were on-time, organized, knew what to show us and what was going on.
We had finished in Luoyang early and they were even able to re-arrange train tickets back to Xian early.
The drivers in northern China, are really bad, compared to north American standards. but all of our drivers were better then the locals.
Food was good, we felt bad that we always had food leftover and we were too full. We had a picky eater with us and I did not notice much complaining.
If I were to do this again I would book our whole vacation through tcg.com. Originally we were not really prepared so we first purchased our hotels, then our international flight, then we came across tcg.com. In the end they probably would of made our whole planning a lot easier (maybe cheaper) if we would have incorporated the hotel booking in with our tour.

1  Thank Caroline F
There are newer reviews for Travel China Guide

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I used travelchinaguide.com in planning my husband and my recent month long trip to China and found everything about the service and information to be first class.

We were travelling independently and this was our first trip to China - so I had a lot of questions! Time after time when I googled my queries travelchinaguide.com website came top in the search results and I found the information provided there very useful. (The useful customer experiences also supplemented the information on the site)

We booked 3 internal Chinese flights and 2 long distance rail journeys using travelchinaguide.com servic. Customer service was exceptional and the process couldn't have been simpler. We were given a tracking number and on every email from travelchinaguide.com we had the same helpful advisor - Amy. Payment was straightforward and our rail tickets arrived recorded delivery to our hotel in China as promised. In China you don't need airline tickets - you only have to show your passport - so that was straightforward compared to home! travelchinaguide.com provided us with air travel itinerary details but other than for our own reference these were not required. The airline and rail companies made a few minor changes to our travel time/seat reservations - but travelchinaguide.com took care of this and provided us with clear information about the new details. In one case they also promptly and straightforwardly refunded the difference in price.

As independent travellers, we found the destination, attraction and 'how to get there' information on the website to be very well presented and useful. We used this both before we travelled, and during our trip. We also used the weather information for the different destinations we were visiting.

I highly recommend this service. We received the best attention despite the fact that we were not even buying one of their tours - so they wouldn't have made very much money from our booking relative to others using the service to buy a travelchinaguide.com tour. We also felt no 'upsell' pressure! We were given first class treatment throughout.

2  Thank ScotlandHappycamper
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my first time in China, and I was anxious about organizing the trip. When I booked my train tickets from Beijing to Shanghai at TCG, I didn’t expect it to be so easy. The tickets were issued soon after I submitted the passengers’ passport copies and paid the service. They were delivered to my hotel in Beijing immediately upon my arrival. Later I faced no problems during my trip. Booking allowed me to avoid queues in front of the ticket offices at the railway station and misunderstandings with the railway station staff whose English is very poor. I also liked a lot the TCG tracking service; it makes the whole procedure absolutely transparent. The customer support is very good as well; all questions are answered without delay.

2  Thank Olha H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We spent 71 hours in Beijing and used Travel China Guide to make the arrangements for our visit. They could not have been more accommodating and pleasant to work with. With only 71 hours to see Beijing, Travel China Guide planned an itinerary packed full of everything you would want to see and more. When we arrived at the Beijing Capital Int. Airport, our travel guide, CHRISTINA, was there waiting for us with a private van and driver. CHRISTINA was a wealth of information and a pleasure to be with. She took us to The Forbidden Palace, The Great Wall, The Summer Palace, amongst many other places, and told us the history of each. There was not a question CHRISTINA could not answer. We went to a Jade factory and bought a lovely souvenir. She took us to delicious restaurants which were scheduled and recommended others for our dinner. I would highly recommend you use Travel China Guide if you are visiting China. Be sure to ask for CHRISTINA to be your guide! You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Bea P
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A colleague from work and I remained behind after spending 2 weeks at a conference in Beijing. Our plan was to visit the Longmen Grottoes and the Xian Terracotta Warriors.

Checking the Internet, I noted that Travel China Guide was highly recommended so I just thought I'd make an enquiry by email, checking what they would propose.
I was surprised to receive a reply in less than 4 hours, with a full proposed itinerary. They'd take cake of all the train tickets, flights, hotels, tours and guides. Wow. We preferred choosing our own hotel accommodation - no problem, the hotels were taken out of the proposal and we booked them ourselves.
As a result, and in less than 24H we knew completely what our itinerary was going to be: Beijing to Xian by bullet train, night in Xian, then day 1: bullet train Xian to Luoyang to visit the Longmen Grottoes, then visit of the Shaolin Temple close to DengFeng and return to Xian to the hotel we had checked in. Day 2: visit of the Xian Wall and Terracotta Warriors, with a flight to Beijing in the evening. Everything arranged/booked by Travel China Guide.

This was a very busy schedule and it would have not been possible to follow it, if it was not for our incredible guides that took care of us for every step of the trip.

The travel from Beijing to Xian was a breeze, with train tickets delivered to our Beijing hotel several days in advance and clear instructions on how to take the train in Beijing. Upon arrival in Xian we had a our guide Betty and an excellent driver with a comfortable car/minibus picking the two of us up to take us to the hotel. Betty was just supposed to transfer us to the hotel on that evening, but since we were hungry after the 5 1/2 hour high speed train journey (which was great at 307 km/h, by the way), Betty went beyond the call of duty by waiting for us and helping us with a taxi to take us to the town centre where she found an excellent restaurant for us and ordered food for us before leaving. A couple of hours later, she passed by the restaurant again to check if we were okay.
On the day when we visited the Xian Wall and the Xian Terracotta Warriors, she was incredibly great. My colleague and I had to worry about nothing since she had gotten all the tickets, had sorted out lunch (which was included in the total cost of the tour, was excellent and was more than we could eat) and gave us a very informative tour. She was very attentive to make sure we enjoyed the full day and very knowledgeable about the history of China. It was a real pleasure to have a guide that was as good as Betty. We stopped off at a Terracotta Warriors replica factory, which allowed us to make some souvenir purchases -- but we could have skipped it if we wanted. The thing is, we actually wanted to stop & see it, so for everything on our tour, we were in control with what we wanted to do.

On the day when we went to Luoyang to see the Longmen Grottoes and the Shaolin Temple, Betty and our driver came to pick us up at the hotel pretty early (6:30am) and took us to the Xian train station. She waited for us until we boarded our train. At the other end, in Luoyang, another guide, named Tien, was waiting for us with another driver. Equally as great! They drove us to the Longmen Grottoes and Tien explained the history of the whole region to us. It was a hot and sunny day and he knew how to bypass the queues and where to go to get the best pictures. After the Grottoes, we drove to the Shaolin Temple close to Dengfeng - stopping for lunch at the Yantai temple which has an excellent vegetarian restaurant. We then visited the Shaolin Temple, the Pagoda Forest and then attended a kung-fu demonstration. What an incredible day!

It is really thanks to the experience of our guides Betty and Tien that we managed to see so much in three days. We had a really compressed schedule, but at no time did we waste time at all. Both guides were always forecasting and preparing things, tickets etc. during the few times when we, the two tourists, could take a break. Each time, our drivers dropped us right in front of the place to visit and our guide immediately ran off to get any tickets etc. What energy!

I'd thoroughly recommend both the Xian Warriors and the Longmen Grottoes + Shaolin Temple. I might recommend perhaps one more day in Xian because we just did 1 day in Xian and 1 day in Luoyang, which was tight (starting at 6:30am & ending at 9:00pm), but if you're in a hurry, it's doable and thanks to the excellent organisation of our guides and thanks to the comfortable air conditioned vehicles in which we were driven, it was a pleasure all the way.

I definitely will recommend this to my friends. In the meantime, I'll show them the 600+ pictures I took on those two days to give them an idea of what it was like.

1  Thank ocl999