“Your personal concierge”

and up
Xi'an Private Day Tour: Terracotta Warriors and City Wall
Ranked #1 of 70 Tours in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: China tours reviews here are the authentic opinions of those who traveled with TravelChinaGuide, which may be of great help to your China trip planning.
Poway, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Your personal concierge”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The people here are wonderful. They speak great English and never got annoyed or tired of me sending them email after email with question after question. Each time, the response was in less than 24 hours and it was complete, addressing each question I ask. When considered hired cars, car rental, trains, personal chauffers, long distance buses, and taxis. Estimated the cost and travel time using each.

Then I ended up booking a train ticket. The booking center worked great. I go exactly what I asked for when I needed it with no surprises.

The train journey was comfortable. Long haul trains are quite empty as they approach Shanghai, so if you only take the last few stops like me there is no need for nicer class of service. Waiting areas was short on seats, hectic, and dirty. The bathroom on the train was functional, and cleaner than that of the station.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank uclalum

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Guilin, the Li River, and Shanghai With Travel China Guide”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is my second trip booked with TravelChinaGuide and I am very happy with the result. My first trip was excellently organized with a highly qualified Guide and great Driver and my second trip was even better! I am very satisfied with my experience and given the opportunity, would definitely book another trip with them.
Let me start with my Guide in Guilin/Yangshuo. Joanna was an excellent guide. She is knowledgeable, organized, prepared, and generally a fun person. She is a great conversationalist with a nice sense of humor who also has an ability to give great advice. She really knew how to add information to the experience to make special. I always felt like she really cared that I had a fun experience. Joanna speaks excellent English I would highly recommend her as a guide to any fellow traveler.
Shirley, my Guide in Shanghai, was also a high quality guide. She is knowledgeable yet modest, offered much relevant knowledge on what we were seeing, and was patient with my tendency to wander off and want to see everything. Shirley gave great advice both during the tour and for the open time before my flight home. Her great advice enabled me to make it to go to the top of the Pearl Tower during my free time the morning before my flight and to have a truly memorable lunch. Shirley also spoke great English.
My Driver in Guilin/Yangshuo and my Driver in Shanghai were both skilled drivers and their vehicles were clean and comfortable. I especially appreciated the skill with which my Driver in Shanghai navigated his way through what is truly a difficult traffic situation. Both Drivers displayed a really nice service attitude and my Driver in Shanghai really went beyond that with a great friendly and positive attitude.
The people who arrange the hotels for TravelChinaGuide did a great job selecting hotels for my trip. The hotels in Guilin, Yangshuo, and Shanghai were clean and comfortable, with great breakfasts. The people who work in these hotels were always kind and courteous and willing to help when needed. I visited the Chinese Restaurant in my hotel in Guilin for dinner and had an unbelievable experience. In the dining room there was a young lady playing a musical instrument called a Guzheng. Her playing was beautiful and made the meal one of the most special meals of my life!
Finally, every meal arranged by TravelChinaGuide was enjoyable and special. The food was excellent and each restaurant was chosen carefully so as to give me a new and special experience. Thank you TravelChinaGuide for another great travel experience!

Visited January 2013
7 Thank Brant S
Ibiza, Spain
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Totally reliable service!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I used this company to book 3 train journeys through China and they were great! Only problem I had was my first trip was sold out but this was not their fault, I was traveling during Chinese New year, the busiest time of year in China! They emailed me straight away with alternatives for me to choose and then booked without fail! Will defo use again when in China!

Brasília
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Train tickets with Travel China Guide”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I bought train tickets from Beijing to Xian by internet with Travel China Guide and they delivered in my hotel in Beijing without any problems. They also sent me an e-mail to confirm if I had received the tickets. I also bought boat tickets for the trip from Guilin to Yangshuo and, once again, they delivered the tickets in my hotel. . The internet consultant, was very nice and answered to all my questions very politely. So, although the prices are a bit high, I strongly recommend this travel agency, as they are very organized

Visited December 2012
2 Thank MARCIA1965
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Guilin and the Li River with Travel China Guide”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

A colleague and I wanted to take a weekend trip to Guilin and the Li river after a conference in Shanghai. Travel China Guide was very responsive and took care of everything for this excursion for just two of us on our tight time schedule. TCG arranged our hotel in Guilin and flights from Shanghai and return. Their English speaking guide and driver met us at the airport and took us to the hotel. Our guide accompanied us on the beautiful trip down the Li river to Yangshuo and then on a delightful bicycle ride into the countryside. The next day we visited some parks and highlights around Guilin. This was my first experience with an on-line travel service, and it could not have worked out better.

Visited October 2012