“Amazingly great hotel!”

Ranked #238 of 2,611 Hotels in Xi'an
Toronto, Canada
“Amazingly great hotel!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Everything about this hotel will please you. Great value for the money. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious. The hotel staff are attentive to details and very helpful. The hotel is near enough to downtown and on the east of the city, only a one hour drive to the Warriors and Hua Qing Shi Bathhouse Park. I give it 6 stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Beijing
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was pretty disappointed with this hotel. In theory, it should be a great hotel especially for the price - the rooms are clean and spacious. The location isn't bad, although a bit out of the city centre.

However, I came here on a work-related trip and had a few mishaps that were enough to never want to return to this hotel. For one, the internet cord I was given in my room was broken and took half an hour to replace. The elevators stopped at almost every single floor (I was on the 26th floor) to let more and more business men into the elevator - many smoking cigarettes the entire ride up/down. The morning we left the hotel, the lights in my room stopped working and since I was in a rush, had to shower in a dark bathroom. Then when we were checking out, there were so many other people checking out at the same time (and only one receptionist dealing with check-outs), that it took us over 30 minutes to get our invoice (which we needed since it was a work-related trip), making us late for our next appointment.

If I had been on a leisurely vacation, probably wouldn't have minded, especially since the price is so good (about 60 USD a night) but as a business hotel, would not rate it more than 3 stars and will definitely go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just completed our two night stay at the Empark Grand Hotel in Xian with husband and two teens. This is a very nice, clean, busy hotel, and would be comparable to a 5 star hotel. Rooms are nicely decorated provided with two complimentary bottles of water each day. The bed is quite firm but we all slept well. Though with lots of variety, the daily Buffett breakfast is only so-so in taste. Hard working staff start their day before 4am. Very impressed. This hotel is very busy with tour groups as well as other events, so there are always a lot of people in the lobby. I was surprised that there is not a gym in this hotel, or not one that I could find in two days. Lobby fee wi-fi is spotty, but sufficient. In room computer with free Internet is almost useless as computer runs Windows xp. Also location is not near any attractions or shopping malls, so not convenient for foreign travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mojito_Mo
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent two nights here in May of 2013. The hotel and room were very clean and nice. They had a very nice breakfast buffet with Chinese and American food. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had not heard of this hotel chain before, but I was very impressed. A couple of the front desk staff also spoke very good English which surprised me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in February 2013 for business. Did not use any of the facilities other than the room and breakfast buffet. Room was first class decorations, free in room wifi and the normal amenities one expects from a 4 to 5 star hotel. This hotel room was on par with a western 4.5 to 5 star hotel which one often can not say for other supposed 4 to 5 star hotels in China. The breakfast buffet was good standard mix of western and Chinese foods and cooked to order eggs. Front desk spoke passable English and was able to handle all of our group's questions. Check out was efficient but give yourself a few extra minutes as they still call up for a room check to the floor attendant before completing your check out. Overall pleasant comfortable business stay which is all I ask for on a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Happy35394
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only stayed here one night. The mattress was kind of stiff and extra firm that I notice was the case in most of the Hotels. we stayed in, in China. I thought the breakfast was good, but we were Asian's and I'm not sure if people not use to eating Asian food would like it as much. But there were plenty to choose from so that anyone can find something to their liking. Rooms were kept clean as well as the bathroom. Limited towels and toilet paper for 4 people sharing a room. Quite a ways from the main attraction (Terracotta Warriors) but it was a nice ride seeing all the scenery while driving to our destination.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank grandkids7
Vancouver
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Empark Grand Hotel was the 3rd of 4 hotels we stayed in on our China Star Holiday Tour and although not as nice as the hotel in Shanghai or Suzhou, was still clean and comfortable.... no complaints.
Breakfast buffet again was excellent.... as it was in all hotels on this trip. We were so tired at the end of the day that we didn't have time to use the pool and as we were bussed about, I'm not sure about the location of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends