“Quite impressive.”

Ranked #17 of 2,559 Hotels in Xi'an
Brisbane, Australia
“Quite impressive.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on a 10 day tour of China in March 2014. The room, or should I say suite, was very impressive. We had a beautiful view of the city of X'ian. The room had 2 x toilets, a large bathroom with a separate shower and full size bath, a large roomy bedroom with king size bed, a food servery, a lounge room etc. The room was clean and comfortable and the air con worked well.
A full breakfast was included and it had a good range of foods both western & Asian.
We were very happy with the location and standard of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Booked as part of Gate 1 tour. We were given a suite with a living room and desk. Hotel is adjacent to the west gate and about a 45min walk to the Bell tower.

Beware of items "missing" at check out. Even ridiculous things as a do not disturb sign.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nytoparis
new hampshire
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Not really knowing where to say in Xi'an, I chose this hotel due to its price and proximity to the wall. (The west gate is only a 10-15 minute walk away. Walk towards the wall and once through the arch turn right & walk straight.) There are many bus stops nearby (Take bus #103 from the train station and get off in 8 stops. It's only 8 rmb) and many pedicabs at night which is great, because taxis suck in Xi'an. A pedicab from Titan times to the muslim quarter/drum tower is around 20-25 rmb. The hotel was super clean and they upgraded me to a suite since they weren't able to accommodate my request for a city-wall facing room. The bathroom was large and clean and the AC worked like a dream. The streets can be a bit noisy in the AM, but higher floors will eliminate the issue. We didn't try the breakfast because right across the street is a lot of delicious restaurants for much less than 80 rmb. The tv worked fine and had a few English channels. They also had free wifi which worked quite well on both my ipad and laptop. Even though I lost the deposit slip, they returned my deposit and they can mail postcards to America for only 5 rmb. My only negative about the hotel is that a building was being built right outside our window which meant there were people who could look directly into our windows. I didn't experience any issues with mini bar or damage charges, however we were able to speak Chinese with the front desk so that may have helped. All in all, for the price, location and cleanliness, I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: I would request a room higher up to avoid street noise. If you request a certain view that they cann...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank romarathon
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed May 11-13 as part of Gate1 tour. I stayed at one of the Executive rooms in the 22nd floor. The room is very spacious and clean with a living room , bedroom and 1.5 bathroom. The bed is stiff for me but I think this is standard in China. You get a good view of city with its city walls (very nice @ night). Breakfast selection is abundant and filling; just make sure you bring the right date of breakfast voucher. They have a nice fitness centre but I wish it can be a 24 hr facility. Location-wise, they are closer to the metro (20 mins to the Drum/Bell Towers) and downtown centre.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank cisqo78
Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because many good evaluations found. On our arrival, the hotel could not find our reservation, and they spent 3 days looking for it. I paid all 6 night in advance when booked online. The receptionist told me that if they couldn't find, then they will charge me again on credit card, and give me money back when they finally find the reservation.
The worst part is our check out. We were asked to pay non-existing beers from minibar of our room. We had to pay so that we can leave to chatch our flight, but it's wrong!
Their personal never sure about what they say, and tell you to wait but never answer you back.
The room is over-rated, compared to other 4 star hotels, this is 3 star the most.
For how much their rooms cost, you can find much better in Xi'An.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank z9ng
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of our SNA tour. Rooms very spacious and well equipped. We did have a problem with a smelly bathroom so were moved immediately to a suite on 20th floor. This consisted of separate large lounge area, bedroom with KS bed, bathroom with separate bath & shower. The staff who in General spoke little English were always very courteous & polite. The hotel is in a central position, opposite City Park. This park is a lovely place to wander and watch the locals exercising, flying kites or spinning large wooden tops. We were fortunate to witness a Chinese wedding from the outside preparation to the service. The groom invited my husband and myself to have a photo taken and then thanked us for coming! Just over two streets away there is a large supermarket that has everything from groceries to clothing & shoes. The prices here were amazing. The breakfasts were excellent with both Asian and Western cuisine.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank 2watties
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a Gate1 Tour group. The hotel was in a great location. We could walk across the street and get to a great circular park that followed the City Wall. It's also only a 15 minute walk to one of the wall entrances where you can climb up and then rent bikes. From my window at night, I could see the wall lit up and the drum tower lit up. The streets were a little noisy, but nothing that prevented me from getting a good sleep. My room was very spacious. I had a sitting area, desk and a large bed. There was an entire glass wall looking into the bathroom so I guess it was good that I was traveling solo otherwise that might have made for some interesting views...! (There was a privacy screen that you could pull down, but my screen holder looked like it was going to fall apart, so I didn't try it out). The wife worked in my room so that was a nice bonus! The beds were typical Chinese - pretty hard, but relatively comfortable. It did get a little hot in the mornings and I suspect that the thermostat is not too sensitive. Overall, the breakfasts were interesting. One day, they had some interesting choices like german potato salad, sushi, gummy bears and jellyfish noodles. They did have some more typical foods that were a little more palatable for us westerners in the morning. They did have a few English channels on the tv including CNN and HBOgo. Overall, I really liked the location and feel of this hotel.

Room Tip: see if you can get a room with a view of the Bell Tower and City Wall! The lights are really nice at...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo