“Surprised no one else has written a bad review!”
Review of Larry's Singapore Kitchen - CLOSED

Larry's Singapore Kitchen
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My girlfriend and I are not picky eaters but I really cannot believe this place is rated no.1 on trip advisor. The place was deserted when we arrived. I ordered beef and black pepper which was edible but nothing to get excited about. She ordered noodles with "vegetables", turns out vegetables only include beansprouts!, very oily and again quite bland, big portion though. I would recommend anyone in xian to give it a miss and get some of the good street food which seems to be everywhere.

1  Thank gorm1
There are newer reviews for Larry's Singapore Kitchen

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Clean casual restaurant with great service; however, the menu could use a bit of tweaking. Maybe my expectations were too high after seeing this was the #1 rated restaurant here on TA but we all were a bit disappointed with our visit. I have to believe Xi'An has better restaurants to offer than this.

We arrived for a late dinner - around 9pm and were happily greeted and shown to our table. A small fish in a glass bowl on each table was a nice touch. Menus are quite extensive and are printed with both English and Chinese. Photos are shown for a large amount of selected dishes (but not all dishes).

One person in my party enjoyed their very large bowl of beef brisket noodle soup. I ordered the French toast but was surprised to find it served with peanut butter. 'French toast peanut butter sandwich' would have been a better description. Everything else was just average, not horrible, but not amazing either. We went out wanting to enjoy good food at a recommended restaurant, but when we left, we wished we had just had a boring dinner at our hotel.

We only stayed in Xi'An one night, so I wish I could say I had another restaurant to suggest, but unfortunately we "wasted" our dinner experience here. I can only guess it has such high reviews because they have English menus and serve both Asian and Western foods prices inexpensively.

2  Thank Muckity_Muck
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Larry's Kitchen was a great option for a meal in Xi'an. Food was good and reasonably priced, waitresses were friendly and we were able to get a meal when we arrived in the city at 11pm. As this restaurant was close to our hotel, we ate here a couple of times and had no complaints at all.

1  Thank luciafrancesca
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I was living in Xi'an for 2 months and went to this place maybe twice a week simply because the food is delicious and cheap! You can get a great veggie curry + rice for just 16RMB. Unlike most places in China, you can also get fresh fruit or vegetable juice - yes, FRESH! The staff are nice too. The menu is extensive, hugely afforadble, and the location is fab - inbetween the Drum Tower and Bar Street, next door to Citadines Hotel. It's never very crowded too so you don't feel like you're being rushed out like in some Chinese restaurants. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

Larry's Kitchen Taste of Singapore is a fast food restaurant next door to the Citadines Apart Hotel near the Muslim Quarter in Old City Xi'An. It serves as the hotel restaurant and bar, and is where breakfast is served for the hotel.

We went in for a quick bite as we were hungry the day we arrived in the late afternoon. We ordered a plate of beef and noodles for about $2.00 and a clay pot dish that was about $5.00. We expected something really small and crummy for that price, but were pleasantly surprised. Both dishes were actually really good, and huge! We had good service too, which surprised us. You can get beer here, and wine too.

The atmosphere is of a fast food joint (think Burger King) but there is a menu and table service. The breakfast we had here was only average at best, but the staff was super friendly and nice.

1  Thank Johann&Sandra