“Would you like some food with your oil?”
Review of Larry's Singapore Kitchen - CLOSED

Larry's Singapore Kitchen
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Staying at the Cidadines, we were offered one included breakfast at the place which is adjacent to the hotel. I am reviewing this because I feel that it is inappropriately placed on the ranks of trip advisor. They offered an additional breakfast for 35 rmb. The yoghurt came as a sour warm liquid, the vegetables limp in a pool of oil, the bacon and sausages burnt and fried to a crisp. Service was non- existent and the tables appeared to be cover in a layer of grime. There were no spoons for the cereal.
I think it is a pity this place is supplying breakfast for people staying at the Citadines, which otherwise has been a very nice place to stay.

1  Thank Missmiss4444

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Found this restaurant by tripadvisor and I have to say:'very tasty food, great portions, nice helpfull staff and a good, fashionable atmosphere.'
I have to say that I would really recommand this restaurant.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

It has to be said that throughout our trip to China we found breakfast to be poor, but this was definitely the worst and not worth the 35 yuan it cost when we were staying at the adjacent Citadines hotel.

For the 35 yuan you got to help yourself to a very limited selection of fruit, some very dry/sweet pastries and bread and some hot food that looked very unappealing. For some reason swiss roll (as in what you would eat for dessert) was also being served at breakfast. All of the juices tasted like squash and the coffee was not very good either.

Overall I would just go without breakfast or (and I hate to say this) head to the nearby McDonalds for a coffee. We didn't try the place for dinner after the poor breakfast experience.

4  Thank chammp
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed in Xi'an for business for 2 months and Larry's S'pore Kitchen is one of the most HYGENIC and PLEASANT restaurants I have visited.

It serves Hongkong-styled and Singaporean food with high varieties. The menu is in English and Chinese with some pictures which is really useful for tourists.

The breakfast is acceptable but lunch and dinner are worth trying. I visited for several times and there are still a lot of dishes I wanna try out.

The waiters are very helpful and polite, and the manager speaks English too. One thing worth mentioning is that you can have free access of WI-FI in the restaurant.

Overall, the food is good and clean, and the environment is nice. I'll definitely come again if I go to Xian.

2  Thank Eva006
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My girlfriend and I are not picky eaters but I really cannot believe this place is rated no.1 on trip advisor. The place was deserted when we arrived. I ordered beef and black pepper which was edible but nothing to get excited about. She ordered noodles with "vegetables", turns out vegetables only include beansprouts!, very oily and again quite bland, big portion though. I would recommend anyone in xian to give it a miss and get some of the good street food which seems to be everywhere.

1  Thank gorm1