“China Highlihgts Private Tour--Fuilin and Yangshuo”

China Travel Tours-Guilin Private One-day Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$138.00*
and up
Small-Group Day Tour to Longji Rice Terraces and...
Ranked #14 of 60 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Li River is the mother river for Guilin city.The unique shaped peaks, verdant bamboo forests, tranquil and crystal waters, narrow bamboo rafts which ply the river have presented many subjects for the landscape painters over centuries.
Reviewed June 21, 2016

We spent 2 days in Guilin and one in Yangshuo, with Jenny as our guide. These days were, without a doubt, the highlight of our China trip. Jenny (who is AWESOME) suggested a different part of Longsheng to visit, as it would be less crowded. She was SO right. We had the rice terraces virtually to ourselves! We also took the Li River cruise to Yangshuo; do not miss this! It was BEAUTIFUL, even in (or especially in) the rain. Yangshuo was breathtaking. We took a cooking class and a painting class, and I highly recommend both. My 7 year old son had a BLAST at the cooking class, and Jenny was right on about her recommendation of which dish to prepare. I also want to note how patient and KIND she was to our son. She was our favorite guide! I'm happy to say that we have stayed in touch!

Date of experience: June 2016
"itinerary"
in 10 reviews
"village"

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Jason Han was our tour guide for the three days. Everything was brilliantly organised and he was well informed and fantastic company. The trip was everything that we wanted adventurous with some luxury thrown in. Jason timed everything well and we didn't have to worry about anything once we got there. I would highly recommend this trip. I particularly enjoyed the boat trip from Guilin to Yangshuo.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Jenny was our guide during my family’s recent visit to Guilin and Yangsuo. Jenny is an experienced guide and speaks English very well indeed. She made our visit fun – getting involved in all the activities with us. Jenny has so much information to share and did this in a way in which we could all engage, including my youngest (6 years old). There were so many highlights during this part of your trip to China – but the boat trip to Yangsuo and the bike ride in the countryside really stand out. Jenny became part of the family during our 3 days in this area, really looking after my 3 boys, and teaching them so much about the local culture. I would highly recommend Jenny as a guide.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

Thank you so much Vivi Chen for arranging an awesome tour of Guilin and Yangshuo for us. These 4 days were the absolute highlight of our entire 3 week South East Asia travels. From our initial enquiry we never felt pressured to purchase the tour and your replies to our emails were prompt, friendly and answered all our questions. Thank you to our wonderful tour guide Lili who was so hospitable and made us feel so welcome. Her local knowledge was incredible and we had an amazing time seeing Guilin, the Li River Cruise, Yangshuo and bike riding through the countryside with her. Also thanks to Mr Lu our driver, we felt safe and comfortable with your driving. We highly recommend this tour and China Travel to anyone considering travelling in China. We look forward to using China Travel again in the future. Tanya and Lance Wilson

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank 15tanyaw
See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2016

I booked a private day tour of Suzhou & Tongli from Shanghai through China Travel (ChinaTravel.com) This trip exceeded my expectations. Price was $274 USD (no factory tours!!!) & included lunch. The tour was just for myself.
Itinerary:
-Picked up at my hotel in Shanghai at 8:30am by a driver & my tour guide Candy.
-Drove to Suzhou (~1.5 hrs if I recall correctly)
-We spent ~2 hours in Suzhou. Walked through the Humble Administrators Garden for 45 min. ~30 min Rickshaw ride in Suzhou town thru the narrow shopping street area. Did some brief souvenir shopping. Had lunch in Suzhou at YangYang Dumpling (lunch included in tour price)
-Rode to Tongli (about 30-45 min from Suzhou)
-Spent ~2 hrs in Tongli. Took ~30 min gondola canal ride of the town, really enjoyed this. Walked through Tuisi Garden, very pretty & quaint. Walked through the town & did some shopping. Candy helped me negotiate some deals on souvenirs.
-Headed back to Shanghai & was back by about 5 pm.

Overall, I was very impressed with this tour company. Candy was a very good tour guide. Vivi Chen was the travel advisor thru ChinaTravel.com who helped me plan this trip on short notice (the night before), since the tour through my hotel was abruptly cancelled. Despite spending the day in 2 towns and also the ~3.5 hrs of driving, I never felt rushed. The trip went at a very good pace & was actually very relaxing. I got to see a lot of interesting sites, learned a lot from Candy, & didn't feel like I missed out on seeing parts of either town. If I go back to China, I would undoubtedly use this tour company again.

Note that China Travel & China Highlights are owned by the same company. I learned this during the arrangement of my tour.

Date of experience: February 2016