“Best hollyday ever”

Club Med Guilin
Ranked #1 of 643 Hotels in Guilin
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Amazing GO team . My kids was at the mini
Club tina and lasia was taking care of them.my wife and I was doing the bicycle activity, taking golf course with Chris and Jerry. Food are very variable .the shows and entertainemet was very good and professional .thank you to all the GO team and the Chief of village for this great hollyday

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Club Med Guilin

Reviewed March 27, 2014

It was the unforgettable experience in Guilin. Club med Guilin located in a beautiful park surrounded by mountains, as the wonderful paradise in in the combination of nature and art.

My family including two kids at years old and 7 years old, and we spent a pleasure holiday in Club med Guilin during December. Everything is outstanding, international and seasonal cuisine, the parkview, ocmfortable and modern accomodation, friendly and professional G.O, wonderful night entertainment and amazing scenery. All things exceeded my expectation!!!

First, the natural integrate with the comtemporary art, create comfortable environment to release the stress from life. The communication was not a trouble in here since the kknowledgeable G.O was warm welcome us actively. Some of them were international and some can speak Chinese too.

The room was comfortable and modern. The traditional factor added in the modern construction. Every morning you wake up, fresh air refresh your body and visually pleasing view met your eyes.And then, you can do the sports to recharge your energy, for example, rock climbing, biking, archery and so on. At the night, G.O brought the amazinf show and parties to have fun together. The spa by Comfort Zone was the perfecct solution to have the rest after revel. My wife loved it so much. She always complained so many programs not enough time to enjoy.

It is appreciated that many kinds of food was providing, for example, "Guilin Noodle" in noodle ba, Mongalian BBQ, hot pots and so on. While we are dining, the G.O will join us to have a chat. They are hostpitable and talkative in order to make sure we had the great tume.

It was fantasic experience that I join the class of Tai-Chi. You can find your zen by the slow motion, release your negative emotion.

If you want to approach the nature, enjoy the health holiday, Club Med Guilin is the best choice for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amy0071
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Arrived at Guilin from Beijing middle of the morning and was met upon exit from baggage claim by local driver holding a sign with my name on it. Using a Club Med Mercedes estate vehicle I was driven to the Club arriving in about an hour in time for lunch as my first meal after having breakfast on the Air China flight. Reception was prompt and friendly. I was given a short orientation to the village and then taken to my room via a covered walkway to the hotel building. The grounds are as shown in the Club Med description. Sculpture was huge and everywhere in the gigantic estate. My room was on the red side of the building, nicely furnished and large. Flat screen TV with remote and individual room heating and air conditioning. A safe for valuable was in the room which I used. Everything worked except the pumps on shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion which is no problem as unscrewing and pouring did just fine.

It appears there was a bank outside the entrances to the club and across from the boutique there is an ATM. Exchange rate and use charge was not posted on the machine. To purchase anything requires opening a credit card account with Reception which is not issue. A benefit is the card keeps track of spending for you not requiring you to remember.

Meals were served in the main restaurant with a pleasant waterfalls on the mountain adjacent and Mongolian barbecue during my low season stay which was in March. Beginning April the Club is more than 90% booked and I am told all bars and restaurants will be open. I visited the closed restaurants and bars finding them wonderful.

Mountain biking, archery, Zumba, heated indoor pool, shows, after and before show parties, drinks and before dinner snacks at the cave, listening to vocal sets, afternoon tea and snacks made my day. The bar was open from 0930 hrs until about 2300 hrs. daily. Most enjoyable environment. A very large property in size, services, and facilities. Could not be better.

Food was primarily Asian as one would expect. There was some typical western food (hamburger, fish-burger, and fries) and italian pasta items. No Indian food but as more Malaysian clients come this may change. As a westerner I found everything delightful and staff most accommodating. For me chicken and fish were a bit dry which may be from being kept warm. Plates no longer needed were promptly removed from the table. Meals were a fit early but fit the Chinese.

Entertainment was great especially the husband and wife team from the Philippines Jasmen and Nonie . Ryan from Sports mountain biking team has a wonderful voice and sang frequently. Robert from Mauritius with a beautiful voice sang in shows and afternoon and evening entertainment. I loved hearing them and they even took requests.

MaMa Zumba aka Gabi was wonderful. An amazing energetic person and dancer. She was a joy to watch and be in her class. Come see her shake her booty! I would say she is next to a God in her performance in the shows and daily classes. How she does this is a mystery to me. I came to watch the class and usually had to participate to gain entry. Another energizer bunny but in her case a young lady.

Sharon in Yoga is miss yoga going in April to the new beach Club Med opening near Hong Kong in June this year. Her form is super she acts and looks like a sculpture.

Cara from the Circus team was miss energizer bunny in her show and crazy sign performances most every night.

Jaffa a Circus team juggler is brilliant. One night my sport jacket disappeared and was returned the next day after lunch. Someone must have thought I forgot it and saved it not knowing was on the other side of the bar area and only checked once during the hour plus. Jaffa knew it was cold out doors and got his mothers hand knitted sweater for me. He did not have to do this but he did. I thank him.

Ryan and Kirin of Mountain Bike at the Club House were wonderful making the guided trips enjoyable. I did want to borrow a bike for a trip into the village and surrounds but was told that was not possible for safety which I understand. One could get lost or hurt especially by the motor vehicle traffic. Maybe soon someone will open cycle rental outside the club for push bikes and scooters as at Columbus Isle Club Med in the Bahamas.

I also want to mention all the other GOs including Bren the bar man who was most helpful; Chris the Golf instructor, participant in many shows; and Tina the Mini Club loved by all the kids.

Chief of Village ( ) and Sports (Jono) were great examples of service to guests and encouragement of participation.

The best example of service to GMs is Nicolas from Canada who works in the main Restaurant. I saw him assist older women and new guests to there seats and got drinks for them upon being seated. For me he explained that even though the show started before the restaurant closed I could return after to finish my meal not missing the show which I found most helpful.

I must comment the Chief of Village and others for getting the Chinese GMs to participate in pre lunch and dinner and pre and post show Crazy signs. There was little participation at the beginning of the week but at the end it seemed universal participation. I think what did it was the method of slowly getting people to participate slowly and then go with the full experience including a train into bar area from the show rather then having people return to their room which was custom.

Thinking back to my experience in March the fusion of Club Med in Guilin with Chinese is very well done. Meals start and end earlier than at other Clubs but it fits with Chinese culture. The show is an hour earlier than normal for Club Med. Very little gathering at the bar for drinks pre and post meals or shows but it is cultural. Food is great Asian primarily though there was duck, beef, pork, and lamb. I enjoyed this visit with Chinese.

One might want to monitor Air Quality (aqicn.org for China using USEPA standards or the US Embassy) as it was normally very poor (negative impact on your life) in Guilin area and Beijing. My mask had a new filter every two days at Guilin and daily in Beijing. An N95 is minimum. I used the totobobo.com (which I found most comfortable to wear) from Singapore, purchasable online from Amazon and other sites. This information was not provided or mentioned by club med even when I asked for information on air quality I was advised not problem.

This is the place if you want natural beauty of Guilin with a Club Med experience. So much to see and do. Huge size a bit tiring but there is a cart to move GMs around.

Room Tip: I cannot say this is other than fantastic rooms. The best are in the smaller building but pricey as...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank EnjoyUSAUK
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hi,

Amazing village,soon we arrive the front desk was very welcoming, management very helpful the chief of village and his assistant was very attentive to my two kids and my wife,the shows was very good, the entertainement during the day and night is perfect.the food was 5 stars.
We recommend the club med guilin for your next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have good experienced in other Club Med and was really looking forward to have a good time in Club Med Guilin. It does has the most land and it's unique for art lovers but those looking for a fun, stress-free relaxation time with family - you may want to find out more about what activities are available as some are not open due to various reasons.

(Staff)
The GOs are friendly, fun and helpful but lack personal touch and warm that I experienced in
Club Med Bintan under the leadership of the Chief Village, May. I noticed the front desk is operated 100% by Chinese Asian. I would recommend that a good mix of nationalities instead as Club Med received guests from all over the world. The welcome we received was less enthusiastic as compared to other Club Med who leverage on the strength of the good mix of nationalities.
And in some activities, the GOs is not happy that we were not catching the steps in exercise movements. We are here for fun and relaxation not to learn or memorize the steps. Chill, GOs!

(Food)
The food was more miss than hit which I can accept that not everything is perfect but my family members had diarrhea and vomiting for few days which totally ruin our holiday. On the 3rd day itself, I had diarrhea 5 times and vomiting 4 times.
The dining hall was warm like sauna with flies buzzing around our dining table.
The alcohol content in cocktails were almost non-existence - there no difference between mocktail and cocktail.
Despite sharing this with GOs who joined us for meals, nothing was done, unlike in other Club Med where there's follow-up actions.

(Quality)
To be known as one of the best hotels around Guilin, I did not expect that the hotel issued sub-standard quality of drinking bottled water and bathroom amenities. This was pointed out by both locals and my personal stay in other hotels in Guilin. And there's no international power sockets in the room.

(Room)
The room is spacious and looks new but there are spiders (its bodies in 1cm in diameter).
The TV in the room is not working and the electricity in the room was cut off on 2nd day. Though it was rectified promptly but it did caused an alarm. The bathroom glass panel is not sealed proper and water would leak out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Peneec
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am a Club Med Premier member and our family has been to almost all Club Meds in Asia. This one opened last August and we were so stunned by how gorgeous the place is. There are sculptures and beautiful art everywhere and I love how they incorporate nature. For example, a natural World-Heritage karst is used for rock climbing. Also there is biking everyday for free around local places lead by GOs.
And speaking of GOs, they are absolutely wonderful. Not many people go to Guilin (kind of sad how little number of people come here) so during every meal, at least three GOs sat with us. In other Club Meds, it's like zero, one, or at most two. This time at one point we had seven GOs sitting with us! It was fun and I'm a people person so I did enjoy it. But because not many people are here, the night always ends around 10pm. Shows start at 8:00 or before so it definitely gives out a different vibe than other Club Meds.
But I will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Any room is beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We just came back from a week of holiday in Club Med Guilin, with our 2 children, and as usual in Club Med we had a blast ! The surroundings and landscapes are amazing, the club area is huge and beautiful. We couldn't believe the hotel was full, everywhere you go is so calm and so peaceful. The list of activities is unlimited, you are never bored ! I strongly recommend it to anyone (with kids or no kids !)
The GO team is amazing, they do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we would like to thank all of them, with a special thank you to :
- Karim (Chef de village), Gilles and Madmouh : thank you very much for your warm welcome and your kindness throughout the week
- Cam-Cam and the Petit Club team : Nada and Chocolate, thank you for taking such good care of our children, they had so much fun ! They keep asking when they can go back to mini club ! You are the best and they will miss you dearly !
- The Sports team : Jono and Victor, wow that energy ! Thank you for your good mood and for entertaining us so well, such a fun atmosphere all the time. Gaby, thank you for keeping us fit, your smiles made it much easier ! Nico, thanks for the great dance classes !
- The Circus team : so kind and fun, you guys rock ! I hope you won't have too many birthday gifts this year ;-)
- Nazzir and Adi from the Bar team, thank you for your smiles, amazing cocktails and shots (ouch) !
To all the other GOs whom I forgot the names, you are all so professional and fun at the same time, we had an amazing week and we can't wait to see you all again in another Club Med !
THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS UNFORGETTABLE HOLIDAY.
Cyrielle, Renaud, Arthur & Zoe

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Cyrielle C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilin
Guilinyi Royal Palace
Aroma Tea House
#3 of 643 in Guilin
Banyan Tree Yangshuo
#5 of 475 in Yangshuo County

Been to Club Med Guilin? Share your experiences!