“Wendy & Guilin Area Were Great!”
Review of Wendy Wei Tours

Wendy Wei Tours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Wendy Wei Tours is a private and fully licensed tour operator based in Guilin. With unique tour experiences around Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng and the surrounding areas, visitors can experience Southern China at their own speed. We strictly DON'T partake in any forced shopping tours and take pride and enjoyment in creating high quality tour experiences for you. Explore Guilin with Wendy Wei Tours!
Reviewed December 17, 2013

To start with, I want to say, Wendy is an outstanding Tour Guide and when I go back to the Guilin and Longsheng area, I will do my best to get her to be my guide again. I am a 76 year-old widower and Wendy took excellent care of me and made my visit to the Yangshuo, Guilin and Longsheng areas a fantastic experience. I was not interested in one of those canned tours and Wendy convinced me that I made the right choice by going with her as my freelance Tour Guide. Wendy has started her own tour company and is very talented and professional. Not only did she make my visit most enjoyable and memorable, but she also made me want to return to China. Wendy’s English is excellent and during the months before I went to China, she went to Beijing to learn Spanish so she can expand her client base. She is one very smart and talented young lady.
As we planned my visit to Guilin area, I became very impressed with Wendy. While there were certain places I had researched and wanted to see, Wendy suggested other places and activities I might want to consider, several of which were not in any tourist information I found. There was no pressure, only suggestions. I had told Wendy that I was an amateur photographer and wanted to take some nice pictures of the karsts peaks along the Li River and the terraced rice fields in the Longsheng area. Based on that, Wendy suggested a Li River Cruise on a Motorized Bamboo Raft, a Yulong River Cruise on a poled Bamboo Raft, and a hike up to and overnight stay at Tiantouzhai Village. She also suggested that she arrange for me to photograph some Yao Women with their long hair while we were in Tiantouzhai Village. The bamboo raft trips sounded much more appealing to me than a cruise down the Li River on a big ship with 100 other tourists. I agreed all those suggestions and they were all great experiences. On the poled bamboo raft down the Yulong River, we went over some very small waterfalls on the bamboo raft, which were great fun. Although I am not an accomplished photographer, I came home with some really great photographs.
It was rainy when we hiked up to Tiantouzhai Village and back down the next day. Wendy was very concerned that I not over do it physically or slip and fall. While I would like to believe I can still do everything I did 40 years ago and kidded her about all her attention, I really did appreciate her concern for my safety and well being.
I had also told Wendy that I was looking for some educational experiences too, not that the whole trip wasn’t educational. In addition to her explaining about their history and culture, Wendy arranged for me to receive a painting lesson, using traditional Chinese painting techniques; visit a Tea Plantation and get a better understand their processes; see how traditional folded Chinese fans are made; and learn how a Yao meal is prepared. The latter was not a typical cooking class for tourist, but with a real Yao family, who then invited me to have dinner with them. It was a large family and some spoke some English and Wendy translated for the rest. It was fun and a wonderful experience.
Wendy is an excellent planner, as well as being thorough, friendly, prompt and protective of her guests. She not only went out of her way to support my every need, but also, more often than not, she anticipated my needs. I told Wendy about how I had tried to experience many different things in China and China’s transportation was one of those. I had flown on their planes, taken a high-speed train and a sleeper train, a bus and a sleeper bus, taxis, subways, gondolas and a chair lift, and even wheeled toboggans. I also told her about how wild I though the traffic was in Beijing and that I would have liked to ride on one of those electric motor bikes like the seemingly crazy people whiz around on and still manage not to get run over. Wendy was up to the challenge and went the extra mile. She took me on a night ride on her electric motor bike to see the lakes in Guilin. I got the feeling she was not totally comfortable with it, but she gave me her best effort. She drove very carefully and, while she may have been a little nervous, I felt very safe.
Wendy was also very knowledgeable about every place we went and the people. I forgot to mention that in our planning, I did not limit myself to questions just about the places we might visit. I also asked Wendy many question about China and the Chinese culture. Wendy was always willing to answer my questions, even though I feel sure she must have gotten a chuckle out of some of them. She does have a good sense of humor.
Now that I am home and looking back on my trip, I don't believe I could have found a better Tour Guide than Wendy to see the Guilin area. She is truly an expert and very professional. I told Wendy that she should not call her business Wendy Wei Tours, but Wendy Wei Adventures. It was an adventure for me and will always be one of my fondest memories and made me want to return. When I do, I will seek out Wendy and take another adventure with her.

P. Baker
New Mexico
USA

1  Thank Pleddie
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Pleddie,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. It's very much appreciated :)

My response obviously won't do it justice but it's really great to know that you were impressed with everything from your initial inquiry through until your early morning departure at the end of your adventure in Guilin! As mentioned, the tour had a number of different activities & attractions so it's great to know that it was all enjoyable and all the planning well worth it.

I wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
All the very best for 2014 and thanks again Pleddie :)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We did a 3 day tour of Guilin/Yangshuo and Wendy was everything you could ask for in a tour guide. You won't regret booking her!
She was a complete professional from the beginning, not only fulfilling the basics of a tour...but going above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, happy, and satisfied. We are a family of 5 (all adults) with many different requests and she was attentive to our MANY needs (including finding us nice Western toilets :) and really seems like she enjoyed what she does. SHE WAS INCREDIBLY ORGANIZED AND THOROUGH, FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT :)
I loved that her tours showed us the highlights of the cities....but she was also so knowledgeable on the "non-tourist" things to do and gave us a great experience with unique activities. She worked so hard to put together a great experience and spent 10-12 hours a day with us. She was available for our every need and we felt like we were in great hands the entire time. A true first class guide.
Look no further. We absolutely loved Wendy and you should book her right away!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank x0obeccao0x

Dear x0obeccao0x,

Thank you so much for the review and the photos provided!
The photos as well as your feedback is great and it's really appreciated :)

I take great pride and pleasure in introducing visitors to a combination of the really popular attractions as well as the more unique so it's great to know that you enjoyed it...and even though you're in rural Southern China, a local guide is always a great addition in somehow locating western toilets despite it seeming impossible!

Thanks again and I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and wonderful 2014!

All the very best

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wendy thought of every detail from picking us up at the airport on the first day to dropping us off again after three nights in the Yangshuo/Guilin area . Wendy had asked me before planning the touring weather we (there was 5 of us) wanted an active paced tour or a leisurely paced tour and I chose active........and active it sure was. We did so many things it is mind boggling to think about the organization and efficiency Wendy Wei has to put it all together and to keep us on track to keep up with the active itinerary. She kept us going from morning till sometimes nine or ten at night.. Wendy really goes above and beyond to make sure nothing important is left out and to make sure the touring is personal and tailored to your needs and desires. It never felt generic. From biking in the country to hiking between rice terrace villages and lunch in a minority home , the Reed Flute cave, Elephant Hill, bamboo rafting , Impressions show I could go on and on!

Dear Carlanna,

Thank you very much for your kind review :)

I'd also like to again thank you for the opportunity to meet and personally guide your lovely family. From the local home visits & meals to the quiet countryside riding etc. -we certainly did have a very busy/active few days and it's great to read your positive feedback.

I hope you have a great Christmas, Happy New Year and an even better 2014!!!

Thanks Carlanna :)

Wendy

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wendy Wei is as good as it gets when it comes to tour guides. She is attentive, flexible, patient, knowledgeable, and thorough. she speaks excellent English and will answer all your questions.

She attended to my family's every need and gave us an incredibly unique tour of Guilin - with activities including bike riding through local communities, river rafting, bamboo rafting, cave tours, rice terrace visits, lunch with local families, and more. We could tell she was happy and loves what she does.

I wish she gave tours of more cities. I would highly recommend choosing Wendy Wei tours for a tour guide in Guilin.

1  Thank 981rachell

Dear Rachel L,

Thank you for your fantastic review, it's really appreciated.

I had a really wonderful time guiding you and your family and it's great to know that you enjoyed your time. Best wishes for your next visit to China -I hope you enjoy your cruise :)

Take care, merry Christmas and all the very best for 2014!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wendy Wei is a first class guide, residing in Guilin, Guangxi Province, who runs her own tour company with an office in the same city.
Wendy is thoroughly professional, assessing her clients' desires with skill, proposing an interesting tour of the area, and then, with undivided attention, proceeds to make each wish a pleasurable reality.
Personable, flexible, with a good command of Chinese and English, plus basic Spanish, Wendy excels in her chosen role.
Ms. Wei helps support many locals who happen to live away from the beaten path, pulling her visitors into the delights of village life. I loved her choice of regional delicacies, foods fresh and tasty.
You know you have a prize when nearly everyone Wendy meets lights up with a smile and a joke. This guide is a precious gem, a true Zhuang treasure.
Thank you, Wendy, for a superb tour.
Andy Bagnall, Canada

1  Thank Andy B
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback that you've provided as well as the opportunity to guide you during your visit to Guangxi Province. I'm really pleased to know that you enjoyed your tour.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish you all the best for 2014 and for your ongoing Chinese studies & writings. Also, I'll send through that recipe you requested from Ping'an when I return and find out about it. Thanks again.