“Can't Imagine a Better Tour Guide!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wendy Wei Tours

Wendy Wei Tours
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Wendy Wei Tours is a private and fully licensed tour operator based in Guilin. With unique tour experiences around Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng and the surrounding areas, visitors can experience Southern China at their own speed. We strictly DON'T partake in any forced shopping tours and take pride and enjoyment in creating high quality tour experiences for you. Explore Guilin with Wendy Wei Tours!
Davie, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Can't Imagine a Better Tour Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We did a 3 day tour of Guilin/Yangshuo and Wendy was everything you could ask for in a tour guide. You won't regret booking her!
She was a complete professional from the beginning, not only fulfilling the basics of a tour...but going above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, happy, and satisfied. We are a family of 5 (all adults) with many different requests and she was attentive to our MANY needs (including finding us nice Western toilets :) and really seems like she enjoyed what she does. SHE WAS INCREDIBLY ORGANIZED AND THOROUGH, FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT :)
I loved that her tours showed us the highlights of the cities....but she was also so knowledgeable on the "non-tourist" things to do and gave us a great experience with unique activities. She worked so hard to put together a great experience and spent 10-12 hours a day with us. She was available for our every need and we felt like we were in great hands the entire time. A true first class guide.
Look no further. We absolutely loved Wendy and you should book her right away!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank x0obeccao0x
Dear x0obeccao0x,

Thank you so much for the review and the photos provided!
The photos as well as your feedback is great and it's really appreciated :)

I take great pride and pleasure in introducing visitors to a combination of the really popular attractions as well as the more unique so it's great to know that you enjoyed it...and even though you're in rural Southern China, a local guide is always a great addition in somehow locating western toilets despite it seeming impossible!

Thanks again and I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and wonderful 2014!

All the very best

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Weston, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Our touring could NOT have been any better !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wendy thought of every detail from picking us up at the airport on the first day to dropping us off again after three nights in the Yangshuo/Guilin area . Wendy had asked me before planning the touring weather we (there was 5 of us) wanted an active paced tour or a leisurely paced tour and I chose active........and active it sure was. We did so many things it is mind boggling to think about the organization and efficiency Wendy Wei has to put it all together and to keep us on track to keep up with the active itinerary. She kept us going from morning till sometimes nine or ten at night.. Wendy really goes above and beyond to make sure nothing important is left out and to make sure the touring is personal and tailored to your needs and desires. It never felt generic. From biking in the country to hiking between rice terrace villages and lunch in a minority home , the Reed Flute cave, Elephant Hill, bamboo rafting , Impressions show I could go on and on!

Dear Carlanna,

Thank you very much for your kind review :)

I'd also like to again thank you for the opportunity to meet and personally guide your lovely family. From the local home visits & meals to the quiet countryside riding etc. -we certainly did have a very busy/active few days and it's great to read your positive feedback.

I hope you have a great Christmas, Happy New Year and an even better 2014!!!

Thanks Carlanna :)

Wendy
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wendy Wei is the way to see Guilin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wendy Wei is as good as it gets when it comes to tour guides. She is attentive, flexible, patient, knowledgeable, and thorough. she speaks excellent English and will answer all your questions.

She attended to my family's every need and gave us an incredibly unique tour of Guilin - with activities including bike riding through local communities, river rafting, bamboo rafting, cave tours, rice terrace visits, lunch with local families, and more. We could tell she was happy and loves what she does.

I wish she gave tours of more cities. I would highly recommend choosing Wendy Wei tours for a tour guide in Guilin.

1 Thank Rachel L
Dear Rachel L,

Thank you for your fantastic review, it's really appreciated.

I had a really wonderful time guiding you and your family and it's great to know that you enjoyed your time. Best wishes for your next visit to China -I hope you enjoy your cruise :)

Take care, merry Christmas and all the very best for 2014!

Alliston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A True Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wendy Wei is a first class guide, residing in Guilin, Guangxi Province, who runs her own tour company with an office in the same city.
Wendy is thoroughly professional, assessing her clients' desires with skill, proposing an interesting tour of the area, and then, with undivided attention, proceeds to make each wish a pleasurable reality.
Personable, flexible, with a good command of Chinese and English, plus basic Spanish, Wendy excels in her chosen role.
Ms. Wei helps support many locals who happen to live away from the beaten path, pulling her visitors into the delights of village life. I loved her choice of regional delicacies, foods fresh and tasty.
You know you have a prize when nearly everyone Wendy meets lights up with a smile and a joke. This guide is a precious gem, a true Zhuang treasure.
Thank you, Wendy, for a superb tour.
Andy Bagnall, Canada

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andy B
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Andy B,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback that you've provided as well as the opportunity to guide you during your visit to Guangxi Province. I'm really pleased to know that you enjoyed your tour.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish you all the best for 2014 and for your ongoing Chinese studies & writings. Also, I'll send through that recipe you requested from Ping'an when I return and find out about it. Thanks again.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great tour - every detail attended to and very flexible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three weeks in various parts of China including four days in Wendy's care in Guilin and Yangshuo. She helped us experience everything we had asked for and much more. She obviously was proud of her region and is very knowledgeable. From a rice paddies visit to a cooking class she arranged fun-filled and educational days. Wendy was easy to talk to - very personable with excellent English. If I every go again, I would include her region and Wendy. Thanks so much. - Vickie and Al

Visited October 2013
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Vickie A,

Thank you for your feedback, it's very much appreciated.
It's great to read that you both enjoyed your visit and that you'd recommend Wendy Wei Tours...
And you're correct, I'm proud of introducing visitors to my home province and really enjoy the opportunity to do so!

Thanks again for choosing my services and I wish you both a very merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a wonderful 2014.

Wendy Wei

PS Mr Ho & his family in the Longji Zhuang Village send their best regards & thanks :)