“Wendy Wei is the way to see Guilin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wendy Wei Tours

Wendy Wei Tours
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Wendy Wei Tours is a private and fully licensed tour operator based in Guilin. With unique tour experiences around Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng and the surrounding areas, visitors can experience Southern China at their own speed. We strictly DON'T partake in any forced shopping tours and take pride and enjoyment in creating high quality tour experiences for you. Explore Guilin with Wendy Wei Tours!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wendy Wei is the way to see Guilin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wendy Wei is as good as it gets when it comes to tour guides. She is attentive, flexible, patient, knowledgeable, and thorough. she speaks excellent English and will answer all your questions.

She attended to my family's every need and gave us an incredibly unique tour of Guilin - with activities including bike riding through local communities, river rafting, bamboo rafting, cave tours, rice terrace visits, lunch with local families, and more. We could tell she was happy and loves what she does.

I wish she gave tours of more cities. I would highly recommend choosing Wendy Wei tours for a tour guide in Guilin.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank 981rachell
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Rachel L,

Thank you for your fantastic review, it's really appreciated.

I had a really wonderful time guiding you and your family and it's great to know that you enjoyed your time. Best wishes for your next visit to China -I hope you enjoy your cruise :)

Take care, merry Christmas and all the very best for 2014!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Alliston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A True Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wendy Wei is a first class guide, residing in Guilin, Guangxi Province, who runs her own tour company with an office in the same city.
Wendy is thoroughly professional, assessing her clients' desires with skill, proposing an interesting tour of the area, and then, with undivided attention, proceeds to make each wish a pleasurable reality.
Personable, flexible, with a good command of Chinese and English, plus basic Spanish, Wendy excels in her chosen role.
Ms. Wei helps support many locals who happen to live away from the beaten path, pulling her visitors into the delights of village life. I loved her choice of regional delicacies, foods fresh and tasty.
You know you have a prize when nearly everyone Wendy meets lights up with a smile and a joke. This guide is a precious gem, a true Zhuang treasure.
Thank you, Wendy, for a superb tour.
Andy Bagnall, Canada

1 Thank Andy B
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Andy B,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback that you've provided as well as the opportunity to guide you during your visit to Guangxi Province. I'm really pleased to know that you enjoyed your tour.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish you all the best for 2014 and for your ongoing Chinese studies & writings. Also, I'll send through that recipe you requested from Ping'an when I return and find out about it. Thanks again.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great tour - every detail attended to and very flexible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three weeks in various parts of China including four days in Wendy's care in Guilin and Yangshuo. She helped us experience everything we had asked for and much more. She obviously was proud of her region and is very knowledgeable. From a rice paddies visit to a cooking class she arranged fun-filled and educational days. Wendy was easy to talk to - very personable with excellent English. If I every go again, I would include her region and Wendy. Thanks so much. - Vickie and Al

Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Vickie A,

Thank you for your feedback, it's very much appreciated.
It's great to read that you both enjoyed your visit and that you'd recommend Wendy Wei Tours...
And you're correct, I'm proud of introducing visitors to my home province and really enjoy the opportunity to do so!

Thanks again for choosing my services and I wish you both a very merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a wonderful 2014.

Wendy Wei

PS Mr Ho & his family in the Longji Zhuang Village send their best regards & thanks :)
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you Wendy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Me my husband and our 5-yr-old daughter Emma spent a week in Club Med Guilin village in October 2013, and had Wendy as our tour guide for three days for our sightseeing out of the resort.
Wendy has proven to be professional, competent, careful, warm and friendly. Also with Emma she was truly amazing.
Her recommendations fit our needs very well, and the tours were all very interesting and well organized.
Wendy's English is very fluent, she is the ideal tour guide for any foreigner in this region!

Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear PatriziaB74,

Thank you!
It was my pleasure and privilege to act as your family's guide during your visit to Guilin.
Great to know that you all enjoyed yourselves and I really do appreciate the review :)
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all the very best for 2014.

Harrington, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wendy Wei - a great guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We visited the Guilin area of Guanxi Province for 7 days at the start of October this year. We were very pleased that we had Wendy as our guide. She forestalled our travel plan errors, advising that National Holiday Week was a very poor time to travel by rail (we have friends who had to stand up on an overnight train trip taken at a similar time).

She arranged an excellent trip that was tailored to our specific needs and desires. The minority villages and especially the rice terraces, were excellent.

Accommodation ranged from good to excellent, and most of the food choices were excellent.

We had experiences, such as dinner in Ping'an a foot massage in Guilin, and a night at the Mountain-Water Theatre that were superb.

If you only see one show in China, make it 'Impression: Sanjie Liu', Mountain-Water Theatre, Guilin Yangshuo.

Wendy has excellent English. She is a most thoughtful and personable guide.

We thoroughly recommend Wendy to anyone visiting Guanxi and surrounding provinces.

Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Gordon C (& Heather!),

Thank you for your review of our recent tour together in October.
I'm so glad to read that you both thoroughly enjoyed your visit and really appreciate the feedback you've provided. I thank you for the opportunity to guide you both and introduce you to Guangxi Province :)

Anyway, I hope you have a Merry Christmas, happy new year and all the very best for 2014!