“Best tour arranged by the best tour guide in China”
Review of Wendy Wei Tours

Wendy Wei Tours
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Wendy Wei Tours is a private and fully licensed tour operator based in Guilin. With unique tour experiences around Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng and the surrounding areas, visitors can experience Southern China at their own speed. We strictly DON'T partake in any forced shopping tours and take pride and enjoyment in creating high quality tour experiences for you. Explore Guilin with Wendy Wei Tours!
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We LOVE Wendy! She took us to some amazing locations that we wouldn't have been able to see if we were on our own but more importantly, she took us to locations we wouldn't have been able to see if we were with a big group. She rented us a car with a personal driver and we felt safe and like we really saw all that Guilin has to offer. She helped us negotiate fair prices on our souvenirs and her English was great. She was so knowledgeable and when you hire a private tour guide you get the personal and intimate experience of being able to talk about whatever you'd like to talk about, switch the focus/speed/length of a tour, change plans if the weather gets bad. And to those who say she's expensive, she's VERY FAIR on her prices. We were shocked at how reasonable she was considering all she did for us. If you are headed to Guilin or even any other area, she knows her stuff and has the connections to make your trip memorable and fun. Thanks Wendy!

1  Thank Cassandra S
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Cassandra S,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback!
I'm really pleased to know that you both enjoyed your tour as much as I enjoyed guiding!

It was a pleasure and privilege to meet you both and guide you around my home province of Guangxi during the time spent together. I take great pride in offering high-quality and personalized tours so it's wonderful to know you both had a great visit.

I wish you both all the best for the remainder of 2013 :)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I were lucky enough to be treated to a 2 week high end "Grand Tour" of China by my in-laws. We decided to supplement that trip with a 6 day in-depth tour of the Guilin/Yangshou area with Wendy where we hoped to see more of the "real" China. We planned an itinerary with Wendy that included lots of "off the beaten path" activities. I can say without question that no matter what else you do in China you will find that your time spent with Wendy will be the highlight of your trip to China.
First, Wendy is from the area and speaks one of the minority dialects. This was invaluable in visiting some of the less touristed minority villages where Mandarin is not widely spoken. Second, Wendy is the perfect guide in that she will continually amaze you with not only her in-depth knowledge of the area, its history and its people but also with her knowledge of the best and safest places to eat like a local. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting local restaurants and "night market" food stands where we ate local specialities with no ill effects. Moreover Wendy makes a real effort to insure that when you visit one of the more touristed sites you do so at a time when the crowds are likely to be gone. This is very important in an area like Guilin where the "Karst" scenery and it's associated rivers are known throughout China and the world.
As has been stated in other reviews Wendy's English is PERFECT and she is such a nice person! She always went out of her way to insure that our trip was meeting all of our expectations and that we were having a wondeful time. We cherished our chance encounters with local villagers who Wendy engaged in conversation on our walks through the less-visited villages. It was through these conversations and the inevitable unplanned tours of these locals gardens and farmhouses that we felt we got to know a part of China that is just not available to most tourists visiting China.
I highly recommend doing at least 5 nights in this area with Wendy. There is so much to see and do. You will not only come away feeling that you saw some of "hidden China" so very different from the "big city" China experience but you will leave with a series of wonderful memories of your time spent exploring this area with Wendy Wei.

1  Thank snuzzi
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear snuzzi,

Thank you very much for your detailed and insightful feedback!
I'm glad to know that you both thoroughly enjoyed your visit and it was my pleasure and privilege to act as your guide :)

I take great pride in offering private and personalized tours and importantly, showing visitors all sides of what Guangxi Province has to offer. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the mixture of natural scenery as well as the local villages and interactions with normal Chinese (outside of the tourism industry!)

I really enjoyed my time spent with you both and thank you once again for the opportunity to meet and guide you both around my home province of Guangxi!

I wish you both all the best for the remainder of 2013 :)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wendy helped us to plan an excellent agenda before leaving for China, including local independent hotels. She arranged for a car and driver, cormorant fisherman, a cooking lesson, a visit in a private home in an ancient village, and much more. She was very knowledgable and flexible, which was important because adjustments to the plans were necessitated during the trip by flooding rains. Wendy was on the phone determining alternative routes to washed out roads, changing appointments, and talking with locals about conditions. Her English is better than many native speakers in the US. She is easy going. It was a delight to spend time with her and to hear her insights and points of view. If I were returning to the Guilin area I would eagerly ask Wendy to be my guide again.

1  Thank SoutthfieldRomer
Wendy W, Owner at Wendy Wei Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear SoutthfieldRomer,

Thank you for your feedback of your tour -it's greatly appreciated :)
It was my pleasure guiding you both during your visit and I'm glad to know you enjoyed everything!
I do understand that unexpected things sometimes happen during tours involving weather and other similar things so I believe flexibility is imperative.
Thanks again and all the best for the remainder of 2013!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wendy guided us around Guilin this July and I have to say she is really a perfect guide. We were an "interesting" gathering, my wife and our daughter being French-Chinese and tri-lingual, 2 relatives being mandarin-speaking only and myself French-English only. Wendy took great care of us and managed very well our small Babylon team. Her English is perfect, she knows all the places, their history, can give you all sort of explanation if you want to, or just let you enjoy the moment if you prefer. She is very flexible, very sweet and attentive to your objectives / taste. She never tried to push us to buy from stores but always help us and gave us advice when we needed to. We had other guides in Beijing and Shanghai, nice persons as well, but nothing compared to the professionalism and kindness of Wendy. I usually do not give reviews or I tend to be a little bit harsh when I do, but I really thought Wendy deserve a very nice review

Dear Philippe G,

Thank you for your review of your recent tour with me! It's greatly appreciated :)
Firstly, it was my pleasure meeting and guiding your group and I'd like to thank you for the opportunity to introduce you to all to Guilin! I take great pride in not just guiding my clients but also getting to know them so I'm glad to know you were happy with everything.

Thank you again for your review and I wish all of you the very best for the remainder of 2013 :)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our trip to Guilin was incredible! Wendy is sooooo sweet and so willing to please! Our two families of four visited Guilin and it couldn't have been more perfect. She took us to incredible local restaurants and we were the only Americans there. The prices were amazing. We literally fed nine people for 20-30 US dollars and were stuffed with great food. Always cold drinks and even cold towels after walking in scorching heat. She was great with our teenagers also. Wendy, you left a lasting impression on my family and showed us an amazing part of your beautiful country. Guilin/Yangshuo is a must if you visit China even though it is slightly off beaten track. Don't go to this amazing place without Wendy as your guide. I promise you she is worth every Yuan you will spend. Thank you Wendy!!!!

Dear lillycarly,

Thank you very much for your kind tour review! This is very much appreciated.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting and guiding both of your families during your visit to Guilin. I'm really glad to know that you enjoyed all aspects of the tour -from the food to the attractions visited to the little refreshments provided as well as the tour guide :)

I wish you all the very best for the remainder of the year and thanks again.