Book In Advance
Tours from Top China Travel Guilin tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Top China Travel Guilin
from $95.00
from $398.00
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews private tour hong kong day tour excellent planning remote area yangtze river cruise terra cotta soldiers english speaking always on time other travelers silk factory tour director mr wong jade dragon snow mountain in order to avoid four hours constant contact
Reviewed yesterday

Both my husband and me booked a 8 Days tour self designed, no shopping China tour with TCT in Nov 2018. Yocky is the best consultant that I have worked with. She is so responsive and patient with all my request from the planning stage to the end of the tour. I was so impressed with Yocky answering my message even at 6am in the morning due to flight delay. We are so thankful that she had always tried her best to help and take action with some unhappiness with hotels and other issues.
Without hesitation, I would strongly recommend TCT to everyone interested to tour China.

Reviewed 3 days ago

My wife and I chose TCT to plan a two week private tour of China for us and we are very glad that we did. Yocky, our travel planner, was excellent and everything worked out exactly as she had told us it would. The guides were well chosen and by and large spoke quite passable English. The younger ones sometimes tended to try and cram too much to do in one day for an older couple, but they were very flexible and quite willing to make minor alterations to our set progamme on our request.

All in all, I would recommend TCT to anyone who wants an in depth look at China and its people.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Vicky Lu of TCT was great! She always replied to my emails quickly and fully answered all our questions, which we found really helpful and efficient. She took the time to understand what we liked and wanted to do, and our budget, and designed an amazing 2 week holiday with private tours of 3 fantastic places: Zhangjiajie (absolutely amazing!!!!), Guilin (beautiful and fun) and Xi'an (Terracotta Warriors are an absolute MUST, plus cycling on the Ancient Wall into the evening, and the thrill of Mt Huashan). It was all so easy, no fuss and no wasted time, with friendly English-speaking guides waiting for us on arrival and smoothing the way for hotel check-ins, getting tickets, and entries to the parks and attractions. It was all professional and just right, no rushing us on, no shopping/factory stops, no bus-loads of people to always be waiting on, etc... The TCT tour was professionally organised and was excellent. From chatting with other travellers at brekky and seeing the masses of local and overseas tourists at all the attractions, without our TCT guides we would have spent a HUGE amount of time getting there, getting tickets and lining up for everything, and spending crazy amounts of time communicating through phone translation apps (generally there are very few English speakers). We reckon that with our TCT guides we got AT LEAST twice as much time everywhere we wanted to be, with private drivers taking us straight from place to place with no waiting, the guides getting us in everywhere with minimal delays, and taking us straight to nice nearby restaurants for good lunches (included in the tour price), giving us maximum quality time enjoying ourselves in nice places. So we can totally recommend TCT and Vicky Lu.. great job, reliable, no hassles, and thanks very much for an exceptional China tour Vicky!!

Excellent Group Tour in China

Recently, we joint a group tour organized by TCT. We had a excellent experience for the whole tour including the booking process. Here are some highlights.

Tour booking
I found TCT from the web with very positive reviews. I decided to book my China tour with them. Now, I am glad that I made right choice. TCT assigned a very experienced tour consultant, Raylene He, to work with me. Due to various reasons, we changed our tour plan a few times including changing starting date, hotels, the tour routes etc. Raylene was very patient to work with me to make sure every planned details were met our needs. She was also very responsive in answer my queries. Our family would like to give her a big THANKS.

Hotels
Best Location: Beijing, Guilin
Very convenient. This allowed us to do more sightseeing by walking in the evening.
Hotel room: the best hotel rooms were in Xi’an. They were a very spacious full suites. It was a welcome surprise.
Breakfast: most of us like Beijing better. I personally like both Beijing and Xi’an. This is because of the preference of the types of food.

Tour guide
Tour guide in Beijing stayed with us one day longer so we got to know her better. We felt that she provided very good service.
Tour guide in Shanghai was more knowledgeable. He provided different perspectives to various topics. His explanation/opinion made the tour more interesting.
In general, all tour guides were very professional and made their best effort to make the tour run smoothly. Because traffic jams are common in China, they constantly discussed routes with drivers to pick the best route and drop off locations.

Drivers:
Drivers were very cooperative. We had an emergency in Guilin. One of us needed to go to washroom right away. Since it was rush hour and the traffic was very heavy, the bus could not stop anywhere, the Guide and the Driver found a hospital with washroom on the way and dropped us off. We wee appreciate it very much. We also noticed that the drivers were very conscious in helping TCT to save money. For example selecting a parking location in a free of charge location instead of a paid parking lot.

Flexible route arrangement
We joined a group tour. This group tour went to Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Guilin and Hong Kong as advertised. Our tour group started with four families. After the tour in Xi’an, One family left the group for Guilin and Yangtze River cruise. In Shanghai, the rest of us merged into another group. After Shanghai, a few families in the merged group left the group tour.. We left the group after Guilin. In general, the cost of group tour is lower. TCT allowed customer to pick and choice as you wish to fit customer’s needs. They also recommended group tour where possible to help customer to lower the cost, although this made their tour management a lot more complicated. I would like to say that TCT is an excellent tour operator compare with others.

All the little efforts that employees made contributed to TCT’s success. It seems to us that TCT is a well run company. We wish TCT continued success in the future.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Surfing the net I came across Guilin based Top China Travel & read some positive reviews. Sent them an email & got a reply within a few hours! Raylene from TCT then drew up an itinerary for a 12day tour, which we customized & made into a 19 day trip.
Just got back from a thoroughly enjoyable holiday all thanks to Raylene & her team!
Everything went smoothly, the hotels were very good & well located, the guides not only spoke good english but gave us so much information about all the places we visited & were flexible with the day to day itineraries. Without these lovely people, communication might have been a problem at times! (Though most times when we were on our own, smiles & a bit of sign language worked wonders!).
We started with X'ian & then continued with a 3day cruise on the Yangtze on the Victoria Jenna(great way to relax & take in the amazing scenery along the river).Then we went to Shanghai, Guilin, Guangzhou(stayed on Shamian Island there) & finally Beijing with its forbidden city & the Great Wall! Did lots of walking & enjoyed every minute of it! We took 3 internal flights & 2 rail journeys & TCT guides helped us even with airport check in & we were recieved in every city by our guides. The vehicles were very good & spacious (we were a group of 4). Optional shows/tours were worth the money spent & most lunches were included in the itinerary & the guides gave us recommendations for dinner.
With all the hard work done for us by TCT we could really just relax & enjoy a tension free holiday! Thank you TCT!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

After days of walking around visiting different places in China we came to Guilin.
It is such a picturesque town! Top China Travel lived up to its name-their arrangement was really top class! Raylene at TopChina was wonderful-right from chalking out our entire itinerary, making changes as we wanted, booking flights/trains/hotels/transport...everything was smooth as the famed china silk! Our guide in Guilin was well informed & friendly & we had a very relaxing day on the Li river cruise.The scenery is amazing, the food on the boat is pretty good & we spent the afternoon strolling around Yangshuo. Very happy with all the arrangements!

1  Thank waderer63
Reviewed 6 days ago

The tour was well managed although expensive. The cruise vessel was fine and pretty much as you might expect. The scenery however is worth some minor hassles and a must do if in Guilin. It takes some 4.5 hours up the river and if you avoid the tourist on the road trip back it will take another 1.5 hours. Allow an hour in Yungshuo which is interesting but a tourist trap.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We took a private tour to Zhangjiajie and Fenghuang with TCT and here's my rating:

Tour Advisor Lily - Excellent
Tour Guide Summer - Excellent
Driver - Excellent
Sights, Hotel and Restaurants - Excellent

It's value for money. Great service. Lily, Summer and the Driver went out of their way to provide an EXCELLENT service.

We just booked another tour with TCT...

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a 12 day private tour in China mainland (Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Zhangjiajie, Guilin) terminating in HK. All went well, mostly thanks to Lily, our tour organizer who was always available and sorted out any little misunderstanding that happened along the route. Also she was very patient as for months spent time with me to customize the trip in every single particular, so that I could for example pick my preferred 5star hotels and book them directly, chose activities and food. Transportation was very good, modern and clean large vehicles. Also they arranged internal bullet trains and flights. We also went to optional night show in Beijing and to the night cruise in Guilin, both were great. All guides were experienced although a couple of them did not speak perfect English, but enough. I would recommend this tour operator.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Wow what can I say, This tour was awesome, Joyce from Top China Travel was amazing, she answered all our questions and organised everything for us including a birthday cake for one of our group. All our guides were friendly and knowledgeable and spoke good english, especially our guide in Beijing CC and also Sally in Xian they made our days. The Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors were some of the highlights enjoyed. The accommodation was of top standard. Overall a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend TCT to anyone who is wanting to do a tour of China. I will be using them again for our return trip.