“Excellent food with English menus”
Review of Mc Found

Mc Found
Ranked #5 of 311 Restaurants in Guilin
Cuisines: Chinese
Brisbane
“Excellent food with English menus”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

McFound's offer by far the easiest Chinese restaurant for foreigners to eat at in Guilin. After living in Guilin for 12 years it's often still not easy to negotiate a menu even with photographs. McFound's has an English menu (not perfect) which is functional but also extensive and the food is always great. We have taken many visitors over the years and without exception, it has been a hit. The prices are still reasonable despite the price rises which are apparent all over China.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank usbergs

Guilin, China
“Maybe It Is Me !”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am an American expat living in Guilin. I have been to three of the McFound restaurants and can only say I wish I hadn't. After the first time I would not have gone back on my own but invitations are hard to refuse.

I found the food to be mediocre at best, cold, poorly spiced and not of good flavor. The room was so noisy one could barely hear others at your table. The restaurants appeared clean. Wait staff was friendly and their service was good. Others there seemed to be enjoying their meals.

Given an option, I will not return.

• Visited March 2013
São Paulo, Brazil
“Better to be McLost”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Reading the reviews, I hardly think I went to the same place. All we had can only be described as bad food. Oily, full of MSG, frozen ingredients and just plain not tasty. Plus, the inside is noise and the staff actually turned out the lights as a way to tell us they wanted to close the place down already.
Even if you´re right beside it at the Guilin Bravo hotel, it´s worth to grab a cab and go to the walking street to eat,

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Wish I McHadn't”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After the reviews, I was quite disappointed in most of the food. The wine was hot too.

Maybe we should have tried the Donkey, as the guys at the table next to my wife and I appeared to be really enjoying it.

• Visited November 2012
Cape Breton
“Great if you are looking for Chinese”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a lovely lunch here and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Their "house" fried rice is the best we have had in China. We enjoyed a beef dish, spareribs and dumplings. The dumplings were really good. The place is clean and bright and service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Mc Found? Share your experiences!