“An Owner Who Cares for Customers”

American Grill and Pizza
Ranked #68 of 313 Restaurants in Guilin
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: This is restaurant is in a new section of the Pedestrian Street in Guilin and not even listed on google maps. I got the address, but it's all in Chinese. The place has only been open for 6 weeks.
Guilin, China
“An Owner Who Cares for Customers”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

George outdid himself on Thanksgiving Day. He went out of his way to be responsive to the American residents and tourists on this holiday. I have no idea where he obtained real turkeys (as opposed to turkey roll or processed meat). Rumor says they were imported from the States.

He served a traditional Thanksgiving meal consisting of a generous serving of soup or salad, white or dark meat turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potato and gravy and deviled eggs. Desert was your choice of pumpkin pie, chocolate pie or apple cobbler.

The prices were reasonable, the atmosphere was friendly and the restaurant was fully occupied with happy customers enjoying a great meal.

Thank you George and Staff.
Hmmmm
I wonder what you might be planning for Christmas!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Al J

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Average”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I tried this restaurant on recommendation of another reviewer, describing the food as "delicious and cheap", I wish I had paid more attention to the previous review, "very poor meal", which was closer to the experience I had. I ended up ordering a basic mid ranged priced meal, as I felt the prices were actually on the expensive side. What I ordered came with fries, the fries were almost white and uncooked, the "burger" I ordered was in it self somewhat tasty (If American junk food is to your liking). However then when I went to add the ketchup from the warm plastic squeeze bottles on the tables, I found that the ketchup that I squeezed not to my plate was bubbling away, seeming to be fermenting.

• Visited August 2012
Georgios B, Manager at American Grill and Pizza, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
The common responses you are giving all places you have reviewed are very poor service but why don't you say something when you are there instead of putting down good businesses.. Maybe if you were really dissatisfied why did you not ask to speak to me? It doesnt sound like China may be the place for you to visit if you are that unhappy with the service that is given
London, United Kingdom
“Very poor meal”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We went to the restaurant based on the experience of previous visitors and were so disappointed
Firstly the staff hardly speak English
We ordered steaks medium well thinking an easy choice. Our meal had to go back three times as the meat was bloody . My potato was bad throughout and I had to order mash.

I Left most of my t bone steak.
My advice is do not eat steak at this restaurant or perhaps go somewhere else for western food.

2 Thank yal5
Guilin, China
“Delicious food, good service, cheap price”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I'm an American and the food is definitely on par with the real thing. It's very tasty and the prices are very reasonable. They don't try to rip you off but give you a true price that matches the cost of making the food. It's the best foreign restaurant in Guilin!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Ryan S
Ladysmith
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you MUST eat American food...”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Food is standard American fare--nothing special in the cuisine arena and a bit pricey.

• Visited April 2012