New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of 7 Days Inn Guilin Train Station

7 Days Inn Guilin Train Station
Ranked #199 of 591 Hotels in Guilin
South Padre Island, Texas
“Enjoy Guilin but skip this hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

7 Days Inn really annoyed me. I could NOT extend my stay, because they hiked up the room rate by an absurd amount for May Day holidays. Bath towels are wrapped in individual plastic bags, x 169 rooms, equals an environmental disaster. No English among the staff, and the children working the front desk couldn't care less about guests. At check-out, the very guy who checked me in with my pre-paid booking, presented me with a bill for my stay. Then I had to stand there for 20 minutes while they figure out that I don't owe them anything. Cable TV with only Chinese stations. Repair guy had to come fix the internet connection, then it broke again. No refrigerator. The hair dryer is in the hall, so you get to listen to everyone's grooming. Not a total loss: Outside is a quiet courtyard, which is way better than facing the street.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard, not the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guilin, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is clean and nice, but nothing special about it. The room price was over 100 RMB for a double room which is a little bit high for this kind of hotel. If you just need a place to crash and sleep for a night that's close to the train station or bus station then this is ok. Otherwise, don't plan a vacation to stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

stay at this hotel during my recent trip to guilin from 22 to 24 oct2011 . hotel location very good near to trainstation. just 5 minute walk to station . Room very clean and comfortable bath room . Also have a travel agent counter at hotel . Easy for me to book train tickect to Nanning and and they can arrange guilin city tour and river cruise

• Stayed October 2011
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was a last minute booking, as we cancelled our trip to Ping An to see the rice terraces. My dad loves this hotel chain since he is a member, although I have no idea what that gets him. Maybe better rates? We stayed at another hotel in Guilin earlier in the trip and would have had no issues staying there again. However, since 7 Days Inn was about 30-40% cheaper and heavily promoted by my dad, we decided to give it a shot.

The great thing is that this hotel is located minutes away from the train station. Since the bus from Yangshuo drops off passengers across the street from the train station, all we had to do was cross the street, walk a few minutes, and we were at 7 Days Inn. Off-topic: At a corner between the train station and the hotel, there is a bread cart run by people from a Chinese ethnic minority group, Wei Wu Er Zu. The bread was cooked in a kettle oven and it was delicious. Only 3 RMB. One of the things I miss since I can’t get it in California.

Getting back to the hotel. The rooms are very basic – they came with just towels in the bathroom. We had to ask for soap, although I think front desk just forgot to give us the toiletries. I saw front desk giving other people little bags of stuff when we were checking out. We reserved two rooms – one with one bed and one with two rooms. The one with two rooms was facing the main street. Amazingly, the noise was minimal and I had an excellent night’s sleep. The inn has a simple breakfast for 7 RMB, which I didn’t have so I can’t attest if it is worth it or not. Good internet connection, good front desk service. The only dissatisfaction was the bathroom – the sink area in our room was a bit moldy, although my mom had no issues with her room. Also saw a bug in the shower stall.

The hotel chain is listed on NYSE under the symbol SVN. Unfortunately, they don’t have online booking in English. Since they are all over China, you can reserve in person at any of the 7 Days Inn. Definitely can’t go wrong with the price, but the place is very sterile and bland. Go in with the right expectations and you won’t be disappointed. If you’re not sure, you can always ask to see one of their rooms before you reserve. They all look the same across the country.

We took the airport bus to the airport. We thought it would be cheaper for four people to take a taxi, but it is not. A taxi driver quoted us over 100 RMB for the ride. The airport bus is 20 RMB per person. We took a taxi from 7 Days Inn to Guilin Aviation Hotel (on Shanghai Road). It was a very short drive, since the taxi meter didn’t even jump. The fare was 8 RMB. The bus was one of those luxury tour buses, super comfortable. All in all, a good time in Guilin.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank angelicainca
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our third hotel in China, this one hits the middle ground. The carpets are a little worse for wear. Vaccuumed but totally worn out. The room is quite clean. The bed, hard as a rock, it seems to be the standard in China as even the posh hotel we just left had a hard mattress. The AC was marginal, the fan worked and it created sufficient air movement but the cooling factor was negligable. There is not much transfer of noise from one room to the other, if fact we were not aware of our neighbours. Our room looked onto a central atrium area and the city noise did not exist. Very nice for sleeping. The staff was great, they booked a taxi for us for an early morning trip to the countryside, they tried to get answers if they didn't know them immediately and were more than helpful with all the questions we had. My biggest concern would be my personal dislike of cold Chinese food for breakfast, but I managed to find enough food each day to get me through to lunch.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple