“China Odyssey Tours Guilin”

China Odyssey Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$178.00*
and up
Guilin Li River Cruise Day Tour
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Guilin
More attraction details
Owner description: Guilin, famed as "the finest scenery under heaven", is one of the regions you must visit in China. Guilin is excellent for either a leisurely vacation or an outdoor adventure. Picturesque Li River flows through Guilin and Yangshuo, with fascinating Karst peaks along the way. The magnificent Longji Rice Terraces in the minority mountain area of Longsheng has never failed to amaze its visitors.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Tony was an enthusiastic and willing guide who accompanied us on a rather wet and rainy 4.5 hour boat ride down the Li River. Though a blue sky would have been nice, the mist that hung over the unique karsts gave it a unique appearance. Tony braved the outside elements to point out particular sites that were notable. If Guilin is on your agenda, we highly recommend having Tony as your guide and China Odyssey tours as your tour operator.

1  Thank ErikAlison
Odyssey-COT, Public Relations Manager at China Odyssey Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear ErikAlison,

Thank you for sharing your Guilin experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

Yes, in sunny days, the scenery along the Li River is AMAZING! But just as you mentioned, in rainy days, the mist hung over the river and the karsts also gave it a unique appearance. I even wondered whether it was true or not while seeing it! Really incredible!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was one of those crazy moments I decided to go on holiday last min. I looked around where China I haven't been and Guilin sprung to mind. A quick trip advisor search and China Odyssey came up, sent an email and they quickly accommodated my last min request/arrival (Note have a paypal account setup).

Upon arrival to Guilin I was greeted by Jessica who was definitely quite knowledgable and her communication skill was excellent. The driver (Can't remember name) was excellent and I definitely felt safe, if you've never been in China then it might seem scary with any driver but, trust me this guy is good.

I stayed at the Bravo hotel which didn't have the high quality feel, clearly not your Sheraton etc. Although I thought it was more than adequate for my needs and breakfast was okay, plus it was close by the river and near walking distances to good cafe/restaurants.

The boat trip down the Li river is clearly the highlight of any Guilin trip and my tour guide informed me of each section we approached, though I did feel the route was spoilt by the sheer number of boats filled with tourist like me.

The boat trip ended in YangShuo, which I found was a very touristy town. Here Jessica took me on a bicycle trip and it was very pretty and scenic, definitely recommended as long as its not raining. Be warned though, there is like a 5-10 min section where you will be cycling in/out of the city traffic, though I thought this was cool and fun, probably dangerous by western standards (No helmet etc).

Later at night there was a outdoor theatre lake light show in Putonghua which I felt was a bit disappointing, I probably had too high an expectation. The hotel I stayed in Yangshuo was a bit poor in quality compared to Bravo though, it did the job.

The drive back to Guilin city was beautiful, I loved looking out the window and seeing the vast expanse of land, oh and the hills. Back in Guilin there were many things to see and do, wished I had a bit more time here. I probably visited the usual tour spots other reviewers probably mentioned, though I enjoyed it and had lots of great opportunity to take photos. After that day it was a safe tip back to the airport.

I'm not sure how this tour is compared to others on the list, suffice to say I enjoyed my break with China Odyssey and will look to see what they offer the next time. Definitely recommended.

2  Thank wan8

Dear Wan8,

Thank you for sharing your Guilin experience in details with us and other travelers.

We are very pleased that you found us and made the decision to travel with us at the last minute. You’ve made the right decision. 

Hope we needn’t wait for too long to welcome you another trip back to China!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We booked a private tour of China for 3 people through China Odyssey Tours. Once of our stops was Guilin and a Li River cruise staying overnight at Yangshuo. I can't speak highly enough of China Odyssey Tours and would highly recommend them to anyone contemplating a trip to China. All our guides were fantastic especially Angel in Guilin. She is professional, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about her city. Make sure you walk around Guilin at night as (with all Chinese cities) it is well lit and a good experience. The 4 Lakes night cruise is also worth doing to see the cormorant fishing demonstration and of course the Li River is amazing.

1  Thank janice h

Dear Janice H,

Thank you for recommend China Odyssey Tours and Guilin Tours to others!

I could not agree with you any more that it is FANTASTIC to walk around Guilin at night, the views are amazing. However, if you want to make it more relaxing, then take a night cruise is the best choice!

China is such a large country. There are also many other attractions in other cities besides Guilin. So we do hope you will come back to China soon and travel with us again!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Li River Cruise is not to be missed and David our guide made sure we enjoyed not only the cruise but our entire stay in Guilin. He picked us up and the airport and helped us check into our hotel. Then he took us to a little noodle cafe nearby for a bowl of rice noodles, which was a special treat. David is knowledgeable of the area and has a relaxed easy going way of communicating, which we appreciated. Our driver was excellent, making our long drive back to the hotel after the cruise relaxing and comfortable.
Ron and Sharon

1  Thank Ronald R

Dear Ron and Sharon,

The Guilin rice noodle tasted great, didn’t it? In fact, it is one of the local cuisines. Many of the local people have it daily. 

And without any doubt, the Li River Cruise is the highlight of tour Guilin. We are glad that you had fun with us!

I hope you have another chance to visit China soon, so you can explore even more what this great country has to provide.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I found this part of China very interesting as we were able to visit the farming areas away from the big cities. Our guide Libby was a local who had first hand knowledge of both the local people and their customs. Libby was happy to take us to the fruit, vegetable and meat market in Yangshuo rather than the usual tourist market which was quite an eye opener. Visiting a 400 year old farm house and sampling the produce we found more enjoyable than looking around another temple. I felt we were seeing the real China.

2  Thank Glenda M
Odyssey-COT, Public Relations Manager at China Odyssey Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Glenda M,

We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Guilin with COT. Your comments have been shared with Libby. She would like to bring her best regards to you.

I hope you have another chance to visit Asia soon, so you can explore even more what it has to provide.

Warmest regards,