“Oasis of peace”

63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Oasis of peace”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Just wonderful to stroll through these beautiful gardens.
Many locals use this at the weekends, but in the week one can hear the sounds of Chinese musical instruments being played and early and late in the day tai chi can be seen.
Lakes with koi, beautifully planted and laid out gardens and quite probably the " wedding photo shoots" can be found.
Enjoy.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank blisterman

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Pretty to look at and fun to participate in the activities!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our hotel was right in the middle of the gardens. It's peaceful. Yet busy. Locals appear to love these gardens. They were busy morning, noon and night. Take a walk around the gardens at different times for changing perspectives. The lotus blossoms were in bloom during our visit. There's a pond full of them. Gorgeous! Be prepared to make some local friends ... try some of the activities going on as you walk around. Tai chi, dancing in the street, games, take a book and find a place to read, watch the men write calligraphy on the stone walkway with a water brush. Stop and talk with the locals. I was delighted to find that some of the folks we played a Chinese tops game with were hearing impaired ... my dated sign language skills helped me communicate with them far better than my lack of spoken Chinese! Be open to the unexpected in these charming gardens.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Robin97229
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Must visit”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Coming to Guilin, one have to visit this garden.

Nice place to stroll, snap a few shots, and look at the people go by their daily lives

Visited December 2012
brasília
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“nice to see people, beautiful and well kept”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very well kept, with staff cleaning and treating well the plants all the time. Beautiful, the hotel I have stayed is inside. Very nice experience.

Visited July 2013
guilin
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Entertainment & Relaxing 2in1 complex”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Actually,I live not far from this place.It's one of the biggest entertainment & relaxing centres of Guilin city.So close to the botanical garden lies a shopping mall called TOO.Many young guys like to hang out there,watching movies,drinking beverage,eating,shopping,and so on.
For me,I often spend a relaxing sunny afternoon with my girlfriend and my labrador in the botanical garden.The garden is open to local residents for free,only need to show their ID Cards.I have scattered lots of sweet memories there,and I'll keep visiting every weekends.
If u come to Guilin,I may be your free tourguide.Also,you can see my pleasing puppy!

Visited January 2013