Guilin Homeland Riverview Hotel
$66
$48
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $64/night.

$17
$9
  • Restaurant
Guilin Oasis Inn(Guilin)(Great Value!)
$23
$95
$78
Wada Hostel(Guilin)(Great Value!)
$20
$10
Hostelworld.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $12/night.

Guilin Central Hostel(Guilin)(Great Value!)
$14
$78
$74
Agoda.com
$123
$733
clubmed.us
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2012

-Good location – close to the city centre, river, park, shops and restaurants
-The corridor, lift and the room were dirty. The worst thing about the hotel was the cigarette smell which we could feel everywhere. Ashtrays are located all around so people are encouraged to smoke everywhere. We stayed in the no smoking room and we could feel the cigarette smell very strongly. There was the massage left next to the bed 'not to smoke in the bed'
-In addition we have notice high level of noise coming from the street as the hotel is situated directly on very busy road. All night long we could hear motorbikes, cars ect passing through the street along the river.
-Do not be mistaken by the location and river view the hotel can offer. Actually the hotel is not located at the river as there is a busy road and pedestrians separating the hotel from the river passage. Also along the river there is a tick line of trees so even if you get a room with river view you will hardly see the river. It is not worth paying extra money for it, plus if you are light sleeper you will not get much sleep because of the street noise in the day and night.
In general I would not recommend this hotel to anybody as it was too noise, dirty and smelly. We staid just for 1 night catching connection flight to Hong Kong but it was perfectly enough to hate this place. The staff speaks basic English and does not make any effort to make you feel comfortable. The only person we found helpful was night portiere who helped us catch the taxi to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonNikita
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location in Guilin. You are near the stores (go down the alley/road right next to the hotel), the river (green and beautiful), the pagoda and Elephant rock are within walking distance, and close to the Waterfall Hotel show at 8:30. The noise was a complaint with other people but with all the honking I think this would be a problem anywhere and we got used to it. There was a power outage at 3 in the morning and it actually woke us because it was erie quiet. The bathroom had a permanent curtain for privacy but we liked the open feel of all the glass. After coming from Beijing where we had a hard time with english in restaurants, we were happy to have a girl who spoke excellent english in the restaurant. We sat on the patio with a great view of the river and to people watch and had an excellent meal. Go up the alley/street next to the hotel at night and it is a shopping/eating mecca. You can watch the Waterfall Hotel show at 8:30 from the square at the end of the street. Very happening place. Our view from the 5th floor at night was gorgeous with the trees lit up and the moon lighting the peaks in the distance. Would recommend any hotel along this street because the rest of the town behind it is caos (3 million people) and this has a calming effect despite the traffic.

Room Tip: Book your Li River Cruise at the airport desk. It is with CITS and they speak excellent english and have english guides. We did the Countryside tour after and have great picture of my husband and I on a bamboo raft, with water buffalo, and of the fisherman you can't take pictures of anywhere else. It's touristy but we're tourist! If you need help with anything find a CITS they are helpful and exchange money at a good rate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColoNative19
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This Hotel is conveniently located along the Li River and the walking promenade. Its about 100 meters from the Sheraton Hotel and at fifth of the price, its a real bargain. Its close to "Walking Street", which is around the corner and about a 10 minute walk to the Commercial Hub of Downtown Guilin. To the "Night Market" its around a 15 minute walk.
The rooms are modern, nice size and clean. Wi-Fi is fast and reliable. There is a LCD screen and a hot water kettle. Though I would recommend bringing your own tea and bottled water.
The few "Problems" that I encountered:
The Staff is helpful, but their English is almost non-existent. This is a major problem in almost every Hotel in China. Whats surprising, that this happens in even the 4-5 star Hotels. They MUST get their Staff better trained and upgrade their language skills, if they want to cater to Western Tourists.
There is a Cafe' adjutant to the Hotel. Strangely though, it only opens at 11 a.m. I guess they aren't too concerned about the early morning travelers and businessman that want to eat. Its also a little over-priced.
The cleaning staff kept entering my room (When I was away), even though I made sure that the "Do Not Disturb" sign was illuminated. Found it annoying and even after I complained and tried to explain that I didn't want them to enter, it repeated itself.
The shower in the bathroom, which has a glass "Cage" around it, kept leaking, so the entire washroom floor kept getting soaked. No big deal, just needs to be fixed.
All in all, great location, good stay and for the money, excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank EliF57
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is where I wanted to be, by the river and next to the downtown walking mall. It's almost next door to the Sheridan at 3 times the price. My room was nice, had a glass wall around the washroom ( no big deal). When I was there the floors were being shampooed. I managed with the staff's English. Miss Chan was sweet.This is China, don't expect people to speak English just because you do. I had the best vacation of my life. Guilin is beautiful.

Room Tip: I think the river view rooms are bigger, only a few have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Booked this hotel with no expectations as it wasnt very well reviewed here in tripadvisor, but I was pleasantly surprised.. When I first made my reservation , prompt reply was made to reconfirmed and details of airport transfer was given. Upon arrival, they have sent us the most thoughtful driver we have ever encountered, and hence we used his services for the next 3 days we were in Guilin. This is one driver who wont take you to souvenier shops to earn commissions. He ( Mr. Zhang Guilin) only takes us to places we wanted to go and he is one of the few drivers who doesnt go missing in action when we came out of each and every places we went.
2 bottles of water was given free everday in the room unless you opt for the 'china's evian'which u had to pay. Room is clean and no complaints with the bathroom. Location of this hotel is great as its just next to Zhengyang Pedestrian St. (shopping n restaurants).
Last but not least is hotel staff Miss Zhao who is so ever patient and helpful with all the tour information and help we needed.
Would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again if we are in Guilin again.

• Stayed: November 2011