Wada Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Yifang Hotel(Guilin)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool tabletrain stationmovie roombbq nightswan hotelmeet other travellerscommon areassingle roomprivate roomrice terracesrooms are cleanwe've stayedlate at nightli river cruisetourswifivpn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed with a group of 6 on 2 separate days as we only used Guilin as our entry and exit point to visit Yangshuo.

1. Room

Spacious and well equipped with the basics (i.e. towels, soap and shampoo dispenser, air cond and 2 bottles of free mineral water). Although the room seems to be inconsistent as the our first room was without any mirror (not even the toilet) but we have huge mirror in our second room. Not a huge issue though. They are considerate enough to have English translation on the air conditioner control. Very useful for someone that is not well versed in Chinese characters like me.

2. Food

Great value, taste good and HUGE portion...I myself is not a small eater by Asian standard and yet, never once did I finish any meals I ordered besides my breakfast. Only comment is that the food is a bit oily (as everywhere else I went around Guilin/Yangshuo).

3. Location

About 40 minutes stroll to the night market and shopping area of Guilin. But there is a bus you could take (no. 10 IIRC) for RMB1. The hotel will provide you the map to walk and the bus to board. Not extremely convenient IMO but if it's just a stopover then this will suffice. Should you need anything, there is a big mall less than 5 minutes walk away from the main gate to this building (it is actually located inside a housing area).

4. Service

The girls on duty for both of my stays were very welcoming and were very helpful in answering my never-ending list of questions. They made me felt at home and were always with smiles on their faces.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AnnieLiew
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I really enjoyed the hostel so much!
The rooms were big, clean and come with a nice bathroom.
The crew was amazing: really helpful with getting your trips arranged :)!
Also the food in Wada was pretty nice and fresh and it was really nice to share
some drinks with the people at night with the good music and drinks!
If you really want a good drink you should try 'the sleepy boy'! it's the best drink of the
hostel and the girls will know what you mean ;-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff here has its act together. These were the folks that helped me plan my trip to the longji rice terrace, and arranged the trip bamboo boat ride to yangshuo. Its a pretty international crowd here and this is one of the rare places where i joined in the communal dinner, usually i would go out by myself and explore the local eateries.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hoben01
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Unfortunately we had to stay only one night at this hostel, I would have loved to stay at this place for a longer time. The staff is super friendly with a lovely smile on their faces and cn arrange anything you want. The Friday night BBQ party was a lot of fun with loads of food and drinks and lot of nice people around. Rooms were clean and I don't have anything bad to say about this place. They even have wifi with VPN to access facebook, youtube, etc. Last but not the least, the wada girls totally rock!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank UdayTT
Reviewed October 9, 2013

ok, first the bad:

- bathroom in my four person all girl dorm room smelled
- i am a chinese american girl... the main front desker with short hair who speaks english very well seemed disinterested in helping me with anything, but very helpful with the male clientele. i sat in the lobby for a while and sorta watched...
- no wifi availability in the rooms
- far from the city center, you need to take a bus to get to most attractions

the great:
- had a single room one night that was pretty decent and quiet
- dumpling party was good and FREE. they even brought out this weird tofu we got to try. i didn't like it, but still it was a nice thing to have. great incentive to stay!
- great mall and supermarket just across the street
- great common areas, very cozy
- there's a nice older gentleman who plays an old chinese musical instrument in the lobby or courtyard frequently
- most of the staff was pretty helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo