“coolest hostel. ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 191 Guilin B&B and Inns
Xiamen
“coolest hostel. ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

when we arrived at this place we can't help getting awestruck. it was very cozy and the staff were very friendly and informative. they had pool, comfy couches, tv room, reading room and a nice bar. the rooms were very nice too: clean and some had nice paintings on the wall. very warm inside, even the beds had heater! strong wifi in the lobby only. they cook nice breakfast too! free for the double bed room, and only about 13rmb(50% off) for those staying in the dorm rooms. I think this is the only place in Guilin city that I really liked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived and it was great to see such a well set up hostel. Bar, food, Internet, clean rooms, locker storage and a free breakfast (included in single room bookings) were all great. They arranged our late night pick up from the airport and the early morning boat trip the next morning.

I still can't get over how cheap it was and if you're looking for a hostel in Guilin I fully recommend Wada. That said, I'd suggest not staying too long in Guilin. Get out and explore just outside Yangshou, stay for a couple of nights rather than just getting a day trip on the boat, I promise it'll be worth it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is absolutely wonderful. We actually made the mistake of staying in a different hotel in Guilin initially, but we visited Wada because it was new year and we wanted to find others in the same situation. We just fell in love with the place. Staff are fantastic, speak perfect english and are extremely warm and friendly.
Food and drink are cheap and great. It's just a wonderful place. Don't make the mistake of going somewhere else, you'll regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

While waiting for our train to Kunming we stayed at WADA for two night following many recommendations from other travelers. We stayed in a double room with A/C heating which is crucial this time of year and the bathroom was okay. The room looked generic but well kept and clean.
Guilin is not super interesting so we just wondered around town and stayed a lot at the hostel. They have an amazing DVD library and a great communal area with good music, good energy and we met some nice people.
They also provided free 30RMB value breakfast which saved us some money.
All in all - awesome place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

After reading previous reviews regarding the noise level I was a bit unsure if I had picked the right place, however I can safely say this has been one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of staying at.

First of all the English levels of all the staff really helps for someone who doesn't speak Chinese (like me) but wants to get the most of their time here. They helped me plan my trips around the city and to Yangshou and gave me some neat recommendations on where to go given my short time here, thanks a lot!!!

The Hostel itself has a friendly and warm communal area with a quieter reading room, film room (with a great selection of movies), bar area and a nice free pool table. It gives a great and comfortable environment to chat with other travellers in and has a great big stove heater for the colder days (thanks again!!) with plenty of blankets to hand if someone else has beaten you to the sofas surrounding it. Prices are fair and the bar staff are excellent, with the food coming out in huge tasty portions.

As for the rooms they are very comfortable, the shared dorm I stayed in had 4 beds and shower room, everything worked and being the tall guy I am I was very pleased with the length of the bed, which fitted all of my 6 foot 4 inches in with space to spare. It was also cleaned on every day of my stay, a refreshing change to what I am used to staying in Hostels. On my last night I won a Christmas-Eve party competition and was upgraded to a double room all on my own, a welcome sight after all the drinking and party games, which also had a private shower room, very clean furnishings and an efficient heater to keep me toasty throughout the night. Both of the beds I stayed in also had heated blankets...they were awesome!

Having tried to think of any down points the only two I can think of is the bar girl beating me 19-4 on the pool table and having to leave.....I will definitely miss the place and stay again if I visit the area in the future. I really recommend anyone else to do the same!

Thank you so much for an amazing stay and fun evenings, miss you all!!!

Room Tip: Come for the free dumpling making workshop on Monday evening, its free and you get to eat all the du...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

What else should I expect to a hostel which I only paid 40rmb per night? Free wifi (even can connect to Facebook, you know after spent 3 months in China, this is really important!), free pool table, free wii and free movies! Even breakfast was half price which was really tasty. The most impressive point is staff, every girl there was so helpful and funny! Love this place, it made my trip to Guilin in winter was so warm (including the electric blanket provided by the hostel)!! Defi recommend Wada to any travelers to Guilin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sibu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

after leaving home,i cant login to my facebook anywhere else in china,WADA make it possible and i manage to upload interesting picture to my facebook.the room is ok and basics and clean,thanks to the heater pad provide make my sleep not in freezing cold but warm.the staff very helpfull and friendly,they can provide good information,the tours organize is good.i enjoy staying here.and they give discount on the breakfast meal to everyone staying at the time we were there.thanks to WADA,make our trip to Guilin leave excellent experiences.

• Stayed November 2012