“Great location and value for money.”
Review of Eva Inn

Eva Inn
Ranked #208 of 621 Hotels in Guilin
Gold Coast
“Great location and value for money.”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stopped 3 times at this hotel over a period of 10 days whilst we toured the region and used it as our base. Booking in was easy as accommodation was prearranged with Agoda. Not much English is spoken but we were able to get some assistance from the people at the tour desk. A cash deposit of 200 yuan is obligatory and refunded on departure. We had a river facing room which overlooked the road and the paved walkway beyond to the Li river. Couldn't see much because of the trees but a pleasant outlook regardless and worth paying that little bit extra. The rooms are large and well furnished. The bathroom is also large and fitted with everything you would need. The hotel is situated on a corner opposite the Sheraton and a large street-long shopping mall is a few steps around the corner. Plenty of shopping and any number of restaurants for meals. I wouldn't advise eating at the hotel as their idea of western food will send you racing to Kentucky Fried Carrion or McVomits. Unfortunately, restaurants open very late in the morning and we had to suffer in silence twice. The hotel stored our excess luggage for us whilst we went to other places around Guilin and this was appreciated. A word of warning - we were slugged 8 yuan for 2 teabags on our final departure. I didn't complain as we had cadged about 20 from the cleaners over our 3 stays. I have read that this can occur at other hotels, so I wasn't surprised. The lesson here is - if you like black tea or nescafe, bring your own supplies.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Main problem is staff do not speak any English what so ever. Rooms are poor and the shower cubicles look as if they will break any minute. Location is v good near the Market street. Makes up for it by the cheap price.

• Stayed September 2010
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The hotel staff are friendly & attentive to our room service requests. We are very happy with the location of this hotel because we can just take a stroll to many places of interests nearby. The restaurant on the top floor have good view of the Elephant Trunk hill and the night market is just 5mins walk behind the hotel. The bathroom shower is powerful and standard room is moderately spacious. Except for the bed, it's quite hard to sleep on. Like lack of spring and sleeping on wood. It hurts our hip bone after 3 nights stay. Buffet breakfast provided is always the same daily which makes it a bore after the 3rd day.

• Stayed March 2011
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We were very happy with our choice. I want to mention that our room was facing the back court so we experienced no problems with outside noises. Spacious room, big TV, large bathroom, comfortable beds, water and fruits included in the price. There is a travel agency in the lobby opened till 23:00 for those who want to arrange a boat trip on the Li River or a taxi to the airport. There is also an European restaurant just outside the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Yackandandah
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The Eva Inn has very good quality rooms - Quite four star in fact. There is no real restaurant in the hotel anymore so that means you have to go out for food, but I don't hink this is a big deal - I don't like eating in hotels anyway, but I know some people do.

We stayed in the Eva Inn in transit really - our flight for Shenzen left early in the morning and it seemed like a good idea to stay the night here en route from Yanshuo. We got to check the town out too - nice, but defintely not as nice as Yangshuo.

Anyway, the Eva Inn is very comfortable and were accommodating allowing us a very late checkout when our daughter became ill

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
KfarHaoranim
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Our family stayed here for two nights. We travel all over the world and this was the first time that the tripadvisor recommendations let us down. The hotel is run down, the air conditioning is inadequate, the staff are rude and do not understand any English. Breakfast is only the most basic. Beds are hard,rooms are dark and the halls are stuffy.This hotel is not up to standards for the western tourist, maybe the Chinese tourist expectations are different. The location is good (no views) but other than that – stay away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Guilin hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We booked 2 quiet, non-smoking rooms. On arrival, found that the whole hotel reeked of smoke and there were no non-smoking rooms. Bizarrely, my room did not have a wadrobe in it, although my friend's room did. When I finally made myself understood at the front desk, I was told that I had not specifically asked for a wardrobe when I booked! I was shown 3 other room but none of them had wardrobes, so I gave up and moved in to my original room. I soon realized why some rooms did not have wardrobes. The hotel also operates as a brothel ( in the basement ) and the hotel rooms can be( and are) rented out by the hour to local prostitutes; the price for this is clearly listed on the price list displayed behind the front desk. In the lift an advertisement advertisingall the services provided by the hotel actually listed "lady of the evening". I can only presume that many guests have no luggage to hang up, hence no wardrobes in many rooms. In the bathroom I found a supply of condoms which were available for purchase; I only realized they were condoms by the lurid pictures on the packets.
The carpet throughout the hotel was badly stained, as were the walls and bathroom ceiling in my room. I did not dare look at the mattress. Some lights could only be operated at night and the ones that worked offered barely any illumination.
Mice could be seen in the breakfast room; no-one seemed to mind them.
If you do stay at this hiotel, don't arrange any taxi hire or tours via the trip-desk. The virtually double the price of what you can easily negotiate yourself on the street outside the door.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends