“my favorite hotel in the world”

The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou
Ranked #5 of 3,396 Hotels in Guangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“my favorite hotel in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have been here many times and it is still my favourite hotel in the world .
The moment I walk inn I feel at home, you have nicely dressed staff in pink or white outfit what is a nice change from all the black dressed staff in other hotels .The place is very elegant and appeals to me . It is true that we have in room checking so no delay there and because of the fair and high prices asked we were upgraded to a suite ( wonderful home away from home I know it sounds commercial but it is so).And when there is no fair the prices are really good value for money .
My husband went to the spa and enjoyed the massage and excellent facilities(sauna and steam room ).The food at the main restaurant is really good.BB buffet offers lots of choices for every taste in the world. the only thing I miss are the thin French crepes ( pancake)..The hotel is well managed and you can see that in the details. Our flight to Singapore was delayed and no problem for late check up and changing twice the limo time to bring us to the airport.
Jay , the head concierge although really busy with the fair , very patiently explained how the subway was working in case I couldn't get a taxi back from my sight seeing/ shopping expeditions tour and I was happy he did explain it because no taxi would take me back to the hotel ( to far...).Also Judy snow who put a book mark for my book when she was cleaning the room it is all about details and the elegance of the rooms ( bathroom are really beautiful).for all the reason it is and stays my favourite hotel in the world.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to suite 2822 and it was quiet even with all the construction work around.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear JoanFTh,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay in Guangzhou. I was delighted to have your recognition to our ladies and gentlemen for their service, like Jay and Judy. They are really great ladies and gentlemen taking care of guests everyday. I will be sure to share your kind words to them and my team. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and regarded The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou as your favourite hotel in the world. Thank you so much.

Thanks again for staying with us, and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Guangzhou.

Warmest regards,

Andrew C. Rogers,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very large and excellent in every area. The problem I have - is the price. Wow - so expensive during the fair. Would leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. Anyway - would definitely revisit but not at price paid !

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SimonJRex
Dear MartinBOX78,

Thank you for taking time in providing your feedback to us. I am happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience with us during your recent stay in Guangzhou. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou.

Andrew C. Rogers,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Super location with easy walking access to Pearl River. The interior decor is very R-C and really hits the spot if you like that kind of thing. Personally I find it rather tasteless. Everything in this place was ok but little more than that. 2 exceptions: the checkin was soooooo slow and chaotic. Despite a quiet front desk and a whole army of greeters and desk clerks it took them about 40 mins to check in 3 of us. This was utterly bewildering. And then the prices. OMG. The room rate was probably 5* standard for the region at 1480rmb but the extras - ouch! The rather dried up buffet was 360 rmb IIRC and beers around 65rmb for a small bottle. Would you spend your own money here? I certainly wouldn't.....

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank chris r
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Chris R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments as they will help us to create better experiences for our guests in the future. I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but do hope that you will give us a chance to make it up in your future travels to Guangzhou.

Please feel free to reach out to me at Andrew.Rogers@ritzcarlton.com, as I would like to hear more about your experience.

Warmest regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Strategically located near a number of tourist spots in Guangzhou, Ritz is definitely the right place to be at. Apart from the 5-star facilities and amenities, service is truly applaudable. The staff pay attention to the tiniest details and you can almost trust them to think 3 steps in advance to make your stay at Ritz an unforgettable one.

P.s. The non-smoking rooms really smell free from cigarette (unlike many of the hotels out there). Not a easy task, but they did it really well. A plus plus if you dislike the lingering smoke smell like I do

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewRogersRCGZ, Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear linnadd,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Guangzhou. I was thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs during your stay with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again in Guangzhou. Again, thank you very much for your recognition, we will celebrate with our Ladies and Gentlemen.

Christopher Sommers
Director of Operations
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a business trip in February and stayed there for one night. The room is spacious and clean. It has free wifi so that I can do facetime with my family. The executive floor is quite nice. It's comfortable and a nice place to meet up with clients.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear FATC38,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel and I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou. Definitely the club experience you enjoyed highlights the finest service we pledge to provide to our guests.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and I always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Majestic facilities, beautiful decoration, great service. Couldn´t be more impressed with this hotel, and specially with the breakfast buffet, which was to die for. The spa is also a must, with its pools and hamm

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rubba777
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear rubba777,

Thank you so much for your compliments. It will be absolutely a big recognition and motivation to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We will pass your praises to our Ladies and Gentlemen. We look forward to welcoming you again in Ritz-Carlton and experience the genuine care and dedicated legendary service. Let us stay with you.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Between business meetings in Hong Kong and at weekend, it makes sense to take the 2-hour train ride to Guangzhou and to the Ritz Carlton, the latter being more important for my choice than Guangzhou. I stayed at this hotel about one year ago and had fondest memory of one of the highest level of hospitality I have experienced in any hotel anywhere. You cannot fail to be warmly greeted almost anywhere within the hotel, and I suspect that staff are seriously trained to impress guests to feel at home. And to think this is Guangzhou, not particularly known for service, it is incredible. Some of the Club Lounge staff still can address me by name. They are encouraged to engage themselves in friendly conversation with guests, and with discretion so that there is never a problem that they may disturb. The hotel's rooms are large in size and decorated in a manner which can be described as a good fusion between East and West. The Chinese call this European style, and Westerner find touches of Chinoiserie in many aspects, particularly in furniture. Attention to details is impeccable. Tea pockets contents are not a tea bag but very high quality fresh Chinese leaves of several sorts that you won't find in any other hotel. My room has excellent river view overlooking the the Guangzhou Tower,Trade Fair site and the Asian Game stadium, and Opera house and Provincial museum are a stone's throw. This will be the most sought-after area of Guangzhou, although there are still constructions going on. The hotel has an excellent Chinese restaurant and an authentic Italian restaurant, where you will see the Italian chef always out socializing with customers at dessert time. Everything here demonstrates a great sense of warmth. Staying on Club Level is recommended, because it is at the Club lounge that you experience what the service is like. This lounge actually serve food in 5 sessions in a day and can be described as "full pension". That is why I return to this amazing hotel just to relax and enjoy between business engagements. The price is high but just about what you pay for Ritz Carlton Hong Kong, with accommodation of same quality and even higher level of hospitality.

Room Tip: If view is important take a River View room on high floor. I also like the view of the Pearl River C...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank awhw
AndrewRogersRCGZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Guangzhou, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear awhw,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the hotel. I was thrilled to learn that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill all your needs during your recent stay with us in Guangzhou. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your beautiful river view room, the Club level service and our restaurants Lai Heen and LIMONI. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.