“Never disappoints”

Pandan Indonesian (Huanshi Dong Road store)
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pandan is well-known for serving traditional Indonesian food, combining excellent value and warm service in trendy locations, while the restaurant's experienced outside catering team delivers great taste into corporate clients' venues & events.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Pandan is a lovely welcoming restaurant. There are 2 branches in Guangzhou, one on HUan Shi Dong Lu and the other on Jian She Liu Ma Lu. The last time we visited was Tuesday 21st Aug 2012 and we went to the Jian She Liu Ma Lu branch.

The food is flavoursome and very good value for money. I always have to order the Rendang as it is just wonderful. Succulent meat in a rich tasty sauce...mmmmmmm! My husband loves the chicken and quite easily finishes a whole one to himself! The mixed satay/kebab is brilliant too. Chicken, lamb and beef all spiced differently to complement the meat themselves.

Service is always attentive with a constant supply of leongrass infused water!!!!!

2  Thank Ginger019

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went there last month with my friend and i ordered Rendang as the most famous Indonesian cuisine in the world, Bakso or Meat ball as one of my favorite Indonesian snack (for me), Kangkung, and Ayam Penyet as one of my favorite Indonesian food.
Rendang tasted too sweet but meat was very soft, kinda disappointed.
Bakso tasted not bad although not nearly as great as my favorite bakso restaurant in Indonesia but still you must try it.
Kangkung again tasted too sweet, i do not know why it tasted very sweet but still its great.
Ayam Penyet is one of the best menu that you have to try! very yummy! :D

Reviewed July 13, 2012

really do love indonesian food and this is quite authentic. Lovely decor. two brances in GZ, both quite invididual and the food is great!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've stayed in Guangzhou for a year and have only once step foot in this place. Not exactly the perfect representation of Indonesian cuisine, as it only has very very limited menu selection. But then again, there's no other Indonesian restaurant here in Guangzhou. The Beef Rendang was the best of the whole menu, tender, taste pretty close to the ones in Indonesia. A must try. Order the Nasi Kuning or Nasi Uduk instead of plain white rice. Trust me, it makes a BIG difference when you eat it with any dish you ordered. The Sambal(chili sauce) wasn't all spicy, although my Russian friend couldn't stand the Kangkung Balacan. Try not to order the Kambing Guling, it's nasty and taste like chinese herbal medicine :P Ask for the price, I'd say it's a little overrated but it's still cheaper than other country's cuisine.

1  Thank NataschaMonica
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I got attracted to the place when I saw how many people are waiting to be seated. After 15 min of waitng the host found a good table for me a recommended shrimps. It was very good, and if you are fan of exotic cuisine it is great place to start exploring new dishes.