“Great hardware, improve software”

Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
Ranked #21 of 3,559 Hotels in Guangzhou
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is good for all business travellers however check in staff could improve English. Plus be warned, the website says connected to the airport terminal but this is misleading as it is a long walk and the last part is open air which can be hot and humid

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest
Much appreciated for taking time to share your detailed comments of our hotel. To your points, we strengthen our English training for our Team to be more professional in our English Level. About your comment describing the distance between our Hotel and the airport terminal our online service is informed to up date our Hotel profile. Please feel welcome for your next arrival and check for the improvements we made.

Thank you very much again for your help to improve our Pullman service.

Andreas
Quality & Attitude Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,699)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My flights were routed through Guangzhou with a one night layover. Rather than trying to kill 8 hours overnight in an airport I pre-booked this hotel. I would recommend pre-booking, especially if you are arriving late, as it did sound like they were very busy.

The hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from the A-Terminal building - you walk out the door, cross the road and there it is. Given the late hour of my arrival I appreciated the quick handling of my check-in by a very friendly receptionist.
I was upgraded to a glass room. I haven't checked with them but I suspect that refers to the fact that the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom was made of glass so you could have natural light flood in while you lay in the tub, if that was your wish. For those that prefer more privacy there was also the option to pull down a blind between the two rooms.

I found the bed to be extremely comfortable which made for an excellent night's sleep.

I didn't have my main piece of luggage with me as it had been checked through to my final destination. This hotel however provided all the (basic) toiletries I required for a one night stay.

Because my stay was so brief I did not make use of any of the other facilities offered by this hotel.

Check-out was equally good. The other thing to note - the vast majority of traffic passing through Guanghzhou Airport is domestic. I was transitting to an international flight, a separate, small corner of the airport. I allowed far too much time to pass through security and immigration as I am used to long queues. On hindsight I could have spent an extra half hour in bed or taken time to have breakfast in the hotel.

I would definitely spend the money on a room in this hotel if I had another overnight connection in Guangzhou.

Room Tip: The glass room I had was good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank skatexplorer
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice hotel, very convenient for the airport and metro into Guangzhou.
Let my colleague and I use the spa before we travelled on a flight back to Europe even though we had checked out. Would always recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good hotel located right at the airport. If you are just staying one night between flights, this place is super convenient. Has a free shuttle cart available for those carrying bags across the road from the terminal building. (You can also place your bags in storage in the airport, if you traveling with lots of heavy bags.)

Very handy for late arrivals, as shuttle buses from other hotels do not operate late at night.

Separate breakfast is a bit expensive; but you also eat in the airport terminal. Slightly more expensive (a few 100RMB) then a comparable quality hotel 20/25 minutes away, but much more convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here recently on a short overnight transit thru Guangzhou Airport. The hotel is located conveniently close to the main terminal building. Its a nice and functional hotel. Smooth check-in and check-out procedures and staff is friendly. The rooms are nice - though a bit small. Ideal place for a short stay!

Room Tip: Stay in a room away from the airport side - overlooking the front!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Pullmangzbyairp, Andreas Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest
Much appreciated for taking the time to give positive comments on hotel’s location and service.Its great to know that you had a enjoyable stay with us. Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport is a new attitude hotel for International travelers.

Our Hotel Team welcome you for you next stay in the near future.

Kind regards

Andreas
Quality & Attitude Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service at this hotel is wonderful. A receptionist greets you at the front door and escorts you to the check in desk. Following checkin they give you a brief walking tour of the main lobby while explaining the various features and restaurant options. Being late, I did not leave the hotel for dinner and had the opportunity to enjoy their evening dinner buffet.
I will enjoy returning to this hotel if I happen to use this airport again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business