We stayed twice at this hotel - at the end of August 2012 as well towards the end of September 2012. We chose this hotel because of its location at the airport and this was a great advantage. Our first room was smaller than expected. It faced the inner courtyard and had a little balcony where we could "request the staff to unlock the balcony door". Our second room faced outwards, had no balcony and was more spacious - but not much more. Both rooms were booked as Deluxe category.
The "meet and greet" service - it was wonderful to have a smiling face waiting for us at the arrivals gate to escort us to the hotel after tiring flights on China Southern.
We certainly appreciated the early check in of 7.30am. Thank you.
Service in the ground floor restaurant was excellent, especially from Flora who was a real asset to the hotel.
Room was comfortably furnished and amenities supplied were up to 5 star standard. The bed was king size with 3 types of pillows each and very, very comfortable.
The included buffet breakfast was excellent - no other word for it!!!
The Russian staff member who was an "intern" was so kind and helpful and her English was perfect, unlike many of the other front desk staff.
Our second room (number 1328) had an unpleasant musty or mouldy smell.
Breakfast items are not available before 6am. Even though our buffet breakfast was included, due to a very early flight, we wanted to purchase some breakfast items from room service at around 5am. We were told this was quite impossible. Indeed there appeared to be no breakfast items on the room service menu!. Please......for a 5 star hotel!!
The absolutely worst thing at this hotel was the continual spitting of guests who were using the pool. The swimmers would finish a lap or two and then hawk and spit over the edge of the pool. This spit would then wash back down into the pool itself. I know spitting is accepted in China, but to many other nationalities it is simply disgusting. I have seen signs stating "No Spitting" in other Asian countries - perhaps a 5 star hotel like the Pullman could install some of these near the pool at the very least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport is a 15-second walk from Gate 12 of Airport Departure Hall, ideally located in the heart of the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and 30-minute metro ride journey to city centre. With a modern style emphasizing comfort and contemporary technologies, the hotel provides 578 exquisitely furnished rooms, 3 unique restaurants and bars. 1,500㎡ pillar-free multi-functional Kapok Ballroom could be subdivided into 3 smaller venues; Concord Ballroom covers 460㎡ and we also have 20 different size meeting rooms. Hotel provides fully-equipped fitness & entertainment facilities as well, a 200㎡ gymnasium, 380 parking spots & a brand-new executive lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel Guangzhou
- Accor Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
- Novotel Guangzhou